Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So turns out.... (picture) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: So turns out.... (picture)
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im the new owner of "purple Notch" its been through 2 owners in 1 week haha.... Well I just got the shell. But god damn this car has been through some hands! It's not looking to great right now! needs A LOT of work!! So you guys might see it back on the road in a year or 2! [burnout]

Only picture i have so far. Ill try and get more up this weekend...

-

[ May 17, 2012, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: 87coupe510 ]

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87coupe510:
Im the new owner of "purple Notch" its been through 2 owners in 1 week haha.... Well I just got the shell. But god damn this car has been through some hands! It's not looking to great right now! needs A LOT of work!! So you guys might see it back on the road in a year or 2! [burnout]

PAINT THAT SHIT BLACK

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:

PAINT THAT SHIT BLACK
It's crossed my mind once or twice. It's probably not gonna stay purple. It's been through so many people already that it's got chips and scratches everywhere!! But i won't paint it till i can afford a quality job! So color change is the waaaayyy last on the list
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

PAINT THAT SHIT BLACK
Calm down Mr. Rolling Sotnes

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pics.....

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
pics.....

Nothing special just a purple shell on missmatched wheels. But i'll try and get some pictures up soon... Car pretty much needs everything. It's litterally just a rolling shell

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well from remembering what it looked like in it's prime with Shaun, it would be interesting to see whats left.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

poor thing. if its the sameone that ice had that car was clean remebering watchin my buddy do the 355 in it. saw the clear head light kit on that thing and orderd mine that day [Big Grin] plus that 331 in there was badd ass to [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well from remembering what it looked like in it's prime with Shaun, it would be interesting to see whats left.

I would also like to see what it looks like now.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

I would also like to see what it looks like now.
+1

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

quote:
quote:

poor thing. if its the sameone that ice had that car was clean remebering watchin my buddy do the 355 in it. saw the clear head light kit on that thing and orderd mine that day [Big Grin] plus that 331 in there was badd ass to [patriot]
Yeah its the same car. I will post pictures as soon as i can. But there is literally nothing left but the color. No drive train, no suspension , no interior , no lights , paint is ok but sratched and chipped and the hood is no good.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like after this car left iceman's hand it was badly neglected by subsequent owners to the point that it barely looks like how it was at its prime. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Yeah the car has been terrorized by all kinds of owners. The body is still really straight and solid.

--------------------

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pictures please, We all want to see what it looks like now [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck reviving the car, yet again...sucks to hear about a nice car being mistreated by so many.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats to the new owner. I must say the coupe has changed some hands since I let her go roughly 6 years ago. I built that car with no intentions of selling it or letting it go and I thought it was going to the right hands. (For the $38k I had in it, I gave it away) I guess she had a mind of her own after that. It was originally supposed to go to Guam, but when that plan changed Iceman got ahold of it and had it looking clean finishing up some of the loose ends and then when Alex got it he did some nice touches too with some help from Chris, allot of talented builders had their touch along the way. Sad to say I have seen the car in it's current state as of this week and the OP is stating the fact it is basically a gutted purple coupe shell on mismatched wheels. From what I have been told there is good intentions with the new owner so I wish him luck on his build and along the way making new friends as I did here on the board. RIP to the infamous "PURPLENOTCH" but to one day when she may rise again hopefully with a new attitude and new design ideas .. [patriot]
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
Good luck reviving the car, yet again...sucks to hear about a nice car being mistreated by so many.

Even though I miss my old car I made so many new friends that I still talk too today like this guy here.. good people that became my friends is what I took out of the build.. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

-

--------------------

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

-

[patriot]

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Still sad to see nice builds get parted out, abused, wrecked etc. It "was" a hot number back then.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:

Even though I miss my old car I made so many new friends that I still talk too today like this guy here.. good people that became my friends is what I took out of the build.. [patriot]
[patriot]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

Finally reading the thread and see what car everyone was talking about. I remember my friend telling me when he was at a meet and seeing a coupe with 20" rims and that it sat perfect. That was a good looking car but things happen [patriot]

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

quote:
Congrats to the new owner. I must say the coupe has changed some hands since I let her go roughly 6 years ago. I built that car with no intentions of selling it or letting it go and I thought it was going to the right hands. (For the $38k I had in it, I gave it away) I guess she had a mind of her own after that. It was originally supposed to go to Guam, but when that plan changed Iceman got ahold of it and had it looking clean finishing up some of the loose ends and then when Alex got it he did some nice touches too with some help from Chris, allot of talented builders had their touch along the way. Sad to say I have seen the car in it's current state as of this week and the OP is stating the fact it is basically a gutted purple coupe shell on mismatched wheels. From what I have been told there is good intentions with the new owner so I wish him luck on his build and along the way making new friends as I did here on the board. RIP to the infamous "PURPLENOTCH" but to one day when she may rise again hopefully with a new attitude and new design ideas .. [patriot]

Thanks man. And i definitely have good intentions with the car. May take some time but you'll see it back on the road. Once again!!

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

seen this car in person when purple notch did my lowering springs way back in the day at his shop,clean as fuck

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

quote:
Still sad to see nice builds get parted out, abused, wrecked etc. It "was" a hot number back then.

[patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com