Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ballin' on a budget (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ballin' on a budget
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
always been waiting for someone to toss these on a 79-04 and I'm surprised it's not more common.

I agree. For how cheap Varrstoens are and 5x114 being the main lug pattern they sell.

XXR and wheeldude have been around even longer with BBS LM replicas and only seen a handful of mustang guys run those.

I always wished my CCW's were 18's so I could do an aggresive wheel offset/tire combo. And to imagine how much that look would not fly in this community 2yrs ago, I'm glad its accepted now.

years ago when i looked into it there wasn't as much option as far as offset choices. it was either too much offset tucking the wheels in too much or too little and pushing them out too far. like someone mentioned, the flush/stance crowd created this demand to allow more options and now it's doable. why companies like wheel replicas did not cash in on it, i have no idea.

varrstoens are cheap compared to real 3pc wheels, but compared to the typical mustang rep., it's almost double the price.

I'm curious how much you spent. My Varrstoens were relatively cheap. The cheapest wheels I've bought brand new.

Are you +22 on all four?

Also. Post more pics of your car! [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful rims vin. Woulod love to see the rear setup as a 22mm offset on a 10.5" would stick out more than a 10" 22mm offset
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice wheel choice!!!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
Beautiful rims vin. Woulod love to see the rear setup as a 22mm offset on a 10.5" would stick out more than a 10" 22mm offset

Should be ok if rolled/shaved and the tire selection isn't over the top. It will certainly be tight though.

quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
always been waiting for someone to toss these on a 79-04 and I'm surprised it's not more common.

And to imagine how much that look would not fly in this community 2yrs ago, I'm glad its accepted now.
Just don't lose sight of the fact that this community has an IQ of 50.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
J24I - on ebay for example a set of 18" varrstoen go for $950 shipped and a set of wheels replicas 18" saleen go for $500 shipped. i did not pay that much, but that's what they're going for. +22 all around.

Alex - thanks, the rear setup is really flush with the fenders. the 275s are stretched out slightly. going with 295s or wider would definitely poke pass the fenders. this set will keep me interested for a while.

moeofit32 - stop spreading lies. i'm definitely not a baller and i change wheels by the season not by the month, lol. i gotta do something to stay ahead of you. you're catching up quick.

i'll post some better pics by this weekend to share.

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice choice Vin! I've been wanting to see those on a Fox. I've been eyeing quite a few wheels for mine. Just don't wanna fork out $3k for a set of CCW's or TF's. Looks hella sick! Get them pics up ASAP!
Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as promised, i added some real shots in the 1st post.

-

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im starting to like the no grill now how do u guys do that??????an nice drop look like the one i use to have.but yours wayyyyy better

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats fuckin hot Vin! Nice work as always! It's kinda weird how the wheels look silver from far away, but up close you can see the hyperblack...either way though they look sick on your car!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice Vin! One of the sickest Fox bodies on here!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great dude!!! I'm jealous cuz u got those wheels before I did

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't say this often, but that is a very good look and blows all the Ford replicas out of the water.

Offsets look perfect too. I expect that this look will become more common.

Congrats on a job well done.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean....
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

thanks guys for the kind words.

91blackonblack - the grille delete kit is made by CDC.

Ian - Yeah, depending on the light/angle, it can look silver and even polished. The hyperblack is really subtle.

Nick - Thanks bro! How did you like that Miami game?

a302juGRnot - Your notch started it all. There's going to be few guys sporting the same wheel soon, but that's how it goes with these budget wheels.

Luke - Thanks. I hope it doesn't get too common or else I'll have to go hunting for new wheels again.

Jose - show me some pics of that baller 911 you got.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol vin i need u to do this rim thing u do for about another 6 to 8 months lol i should be caught up to u by then lol if i knew it cost this much money to catch up i wouldnt have started.....and dont ever try to make my poor lil vert look bad in pics next to yours again but on another not I LOVE YOUR CAR MAN [patriot] [patriot]

[ May 14, 2012, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stangin your drop is now officially my screen saver, dam your fox is so clean and you already know i love those wheels. ive been lookin at these wheels for so long but they only made them in 19's. soon ill have these in hyper silver, but they will be on an sn-95 so we wont have the same theme lol. once again good look and badass car [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com