Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » i might be hiring so does this work for u?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i might be hiring so does this work for u?
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the guy i got now seams to like to tighten everything with a impact gun when im not looking, even after i told him to just remove items with the gun and to never use it to reinstall. three times is 3 times to much.
must be honest, have a basic tool set or working on one, drivers license would be very nice, if u got fresh out of wyotech or some other school leave your i know it all attitude with your body at home and don't bother please,if your out of school and want to get some actual experience please continue on with me, some weeks are slow and i might send u home a couple days due to no work, and some days are swamped. Ive been swamped for the last 3 months for example. id rather have a apprentice that doesn't know much but is eager to learn, so i don't have to reteach over your bad habits, i am very strict about actual work ethics.and metric tools are used on metric bolts and standard tools for standard bolts, flat head screw drivers are not prying tools also for example. and i mean u have to be honest if u screw something up, i need to know before my customer does, so i can promptly fix it. i will be over your shoulder for months because my business is at stake, not yours.
Ive had some good people turn out of this place, for instance Trent. he didn't know crap other than to change wheels,here he learned a lot! i got a slow spell 2 years later when the big depression hit, but i was able to open a door for him at griggs racing,from my shop right into griggs racing! he did very well there and now is at cortek racing or what ever that place is called, a very gd race shop. another was jay jay on here, he started as a guy that at best could do a ghetto brake job and very rough on a couple other things, by the time he left a year or so later id trust him to work on my moms car,and now is able to do just about anything he sets his mind to, i wish those two are still here but like anybody, more money makes more sense and they moved on to bigger and better employments!. on that note u will not get rich working for me, but u can learn a very wide variety of auto motive skills. if u can retain info and have any brain cells u shouldn't need to pay a shop to do anything for u again, unless u just don't have the tools. jay and trent was very eager to learn and retained everything i had to show. they had no schooling before and are now some of the best wrenches for there age group i know. i have other people that excelled but these are some on here that u guys may know. pay well vary on your skills and and how much money u can make me that day. if i half to stand over u all day u are really costing me money, but i will take that loss as any employer teaching there student/worker on the hope that u will pick things up kinda quickly, and get to flowing and master some of the trade that i can trust u on your own with. once i feel u are 100 percent at something i will get off looking over your shoulder. if u don't know shit or not that much, 50 bucks from 9 to 5 and i cover your lunch. if u get up to speed, and earn my trust, you can get between 100 to even 150 on some good days, but your buying your own lunch. i am a small shop and not rich, but i guarantee u will learn a lot that will boost your car learning skills and def teach u a trade that will open many other doors for u where u can make some real money, plus teach u more than any college that u will have to pay thousands for only to guarantee that u will not get a job right out of school cause no one wants to take a chance on u, cause of no actual experience. i have a top notch rating here in town. been wrenching for close to 20 years now, been in this shop for close to 8, the only complaint i heard is that im expensive and sometimes the cars are not done on time cause im up to my neck in work,and a couple small discrepancies where i had to go thru, and guess what,s going on other peoples or mechanics givin up on jobs. i have had to go over many other peoples work and jobs an make educated guesses with my hands tied cause the customer didnt want to start from scratch again after the last guy wasted all his money.those jobs i should never take but i try and help. i work on daily driven car for lawyers to crooks, and some race cars for friends or ones that i sponsor. so there is some cool stuff and some boring stuff as well. im very flexible with your schedule as long as u show up when u say u are, cause i know im asking a lot myself, and the pay is low as well. u will not be learning any correct spelling or grammar at my place of business lol. but u must be able to hear clearly and speak clearly. this is up for debate so pm me your info or what your thinking and ill go over it and give u a call, im trying to give this guy a chance cause hes going thru some stuff, but at the end of the day my career is at stake over what u guys do. so i can only take so many chances. thanks for your time and patience reading this

Just_a_GT
¯
Member # 10372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just_a_GT  Ford pictures for Just_a_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If only I lived around your area or I would be all over your offer. School is pretty much over and I'm going to need a summer job this would be a great fit for me. O well good luck and hope you get a hard worker [patriot]

--------------------
1990 GT 308 edelbrock alum heads Daily driver
2000 GT CAMMED 281ci

Posts: 697 | From: Winton, CA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam this job would be perfect for me, too bad your in valejo [Frown]

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what im sayin...i wish i had a opportunity like this out here.
Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is awsome , if only I dint have the job I have now [Frown]

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM'd [patriot]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Carlosx97
¯
Member # 11748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlosx97  Ford pictures for Carlosx97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could do 1-5 part time..
Mornings i have school 9 - 12:30

--------------------
68, 302

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit man I would be down in pretty knowledgable with cars quite a bit.. Just don't have any tools but I have a license I'm local love cars and motivated

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What an awesome opportunity. learning new things the right way is always a good thing.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If only you weren't so far I'd be down to learn how to wrench further on cars. Hope someone gets this opportunity N helps out Duncan's shop as well.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
the guy i got now seams to like to tighten everything with a impact gun when im not looking, even after i told him to just remove items with the gun and to never use it to reinstall. three times is 3 times to much.
must be honest, have a basic tool set or working on one, drivers license would be very nice, if u got fresh out of wyotech or some other school leave your i know it all attitude with your body at home and don't bother please,if your out of school and want to get some actual experience please continue on with me, some weeks are slow and i might send u home a couple days due to no work, and some days are swamped. Ive been swamped for the last 3 months for example. id rather have a apprentice that doesn't know much but is eager to learn, so i don't have to reteach over your bad habits, i am very strict about actual work ethics.and metric tools are used on metric bolts and standard tools for standard bolts, flat head screw drivers are not prying tools also for example. and i mean u have to be honest if u screw something up, i need to know before my customer does, so i can promptly fix it. i will be over your shoulder for months because my business is at stake, not yours.
Ive had some good people turn out of this place, for instance Trent. he didn't know crap other than to change wheels,here he learned a lot! i got a slow spell 2 years later when the big depression hit, but i was able to open a door for him at griggs racing,from my shop right into griggs racing! he did very well there and now is at cortek racing or what ever that place is called, a very gd race shop. another was jay jay on here, he started as a guy that at best could do a ghetto brake job and very rough on a couple other things, by the time he left a year or so later id trust him to work on my moms car,and now is able to do just about anything he sets his mind to, i wish those two are still here but like anybody, more money makes more sense and they moved on to bigger and better employments!. on that note u will not get rich working for me, but u can learn a very wide variety of auto motive skills. if u can retain info and have any brain cells u shouldn't need to pay a shop to do anything for u again, unless u just don't have the tools. jay and trent was very eager to learn and retained everything i had to show. they had no schooling before and are now some of the best wrenches for there age group i know. i have other people that excelled but these are some on here that u guys may know. pay well vary on your skills and and how much money u can make me that day. if i half to stand over u all day u are really costing me money, but i will take that loss as any employer teaching there student/worker on the hope that u will pick things up kinda quickly, and get to flowing and master some of the trade that i can trust u on your own with. once i feel u are 100 percent at something i will get off looking over your shoulder. if u don't know shit or not that much, 50 bucks from 9 to 5 and i cover your lunch. if u get up to speed, and earn my trust, you can get between 100 to even 150 on some good days, but your buying your own lunch. i am a small shop and not rich, but i guarantee u will learn a lot that will boost your car learning skills and def teach u a trade that will open many other doors for u where u can make some real money, plus teach u more than any college that u will have to pay thousands for only to guarantee that u will not get a job right out of school cause no one wants to take a chance on u, cause of no actual experience. i have a top notch rating here in town. been wrenching for close to 20 years now, been in this shop for close to 8, the only complaint i heard is that im expensive and sometimes the cars are not done on time cause im up to my neck in work,and a couple small discrepancies where i had to go thru, and guess what,s going on other peoples or mechanics givin up on jobs. i have had to go over many other peoples work and jobs an make educated guesses with my hands tied cause the customer didnt want to start from scratch again after the last guy wasted all his money.those jobs i should never take but i try and help. i work on daily driven car for lawyers to crooks, and some race cars for friends or ones that i sponsor. so there is some cool stuff and some boring stuff as well. im very flexible with your schedule as long as u show up when u say u are, cause i know im asking a lot myself, and the pay is low as well. u will not be learning any correct spelling or grammar at my place of business lol. but u must be able to hear clearly and speak clearly. this is up for debate so pm me your info or what your thinking and ill go over it and give u a call, im trying to give this guy a chance cause hes going thru some stuff, but at the end of the day my career is at stake over what u guys do. so i can only take so many chances. thanks for your time and patience reading this

^ looks like the code to the matrix . I couldn't read all that but based on the response s. Looks like a come up for someone. Good luck.
[patriot]

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see in there you wrote $50 from 9-5, shouldnt the hours be 9ish to 5ish? [Razz]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well those people can read, and did lol,they well probably go far in life! and jeff i also stated no grammar or spelling well be taught over here lol jk
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn!!! that's one long as paragraph.... [Eek!]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
well those people can read, and did lol,they well probably go far in life! and jeff i also stated no grammar or spelling well be taught over here lol jk

hey I was just correcting your hours. 9ish to 5ish sounds right, right?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn thats a long, but good post Duncan. Im available M-F after 3:30 and on most weekends.

[ May 03, 2012, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: SydewayzStan ]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm available mon, weds, and sunday.
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
need extra cash to support my meth habbit so i can stay up and steal more foxes lemme know if you're interested.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone is interested I would just call Duncan and speak to him. I'm currently working on a project with Duncan and witnessed a lot of good things happen at the shop. Hopefully, I can provide some insight as a person looking in with some things that happened while I was there.

I once accidently tripped the alarm on a weekend while Duncan was not there. Two cops showed up and even they said "they hear a lot of good feedback from this shop"

I've seen him handle a hair ripping issue with a truck not firing up by having a dialog with the helper and bouncing ideas and possible solutions. I've paid an arm and a leg for education and I still didn't get this kind of 1 on 1 learning experience.

I've seen an old lady who worked at a nearby Ford dealership for over 20 years bring her DD Mustang to get work done. In another instance a few younger guys who come in to hang out, get a tire mounted, and borrowed a helmet for a racing event. Also, I've seen an older guy drop off his decade long tube chassis show project for completion. All where treated the same and left happy.

Take the experiences for what it's worth. If I was in the automotive industry, I would seriously give this a shot. You'll get the 1 on 1 learning experience and start to build a business relationship with the right people.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in all seriousness, ( i have never met duncan nor seen his shop) someone should jump on this, I was given a similar opportunity at corvette/camaro shop and i learned things that cant be taught in any classroom, so if he's as stand up as they say someone better jump on this, if you learn enough consider this a free career.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com