Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Just finished my H/C install on my 02 C5Z, pics n vid inside! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Just finished my H/C install on my 02 C5Z, pics n vid inside!
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good Scott! Sounds better! bet you wish you had that 95drop still huh??
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice job, I bet it feel's good to tackle the job on your own and have to be damm proud on the first start up. Get her tuned and let us know the results. That dude that threw the thumbs up looks like someone i went to HS with that used to drive a stang. It was a v6 with juice, My bad for the confusion if ain't him haha. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice job Scott will I get to see it at grudg at sac race way on the 12th to see some nice ETs

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Selling the valve spring compressor? I need one bad.

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Nice job Scott will I get to see it at grudg at sac race way on the 12th to see some nice ETs

I would love to be out there throwing up bottom 11's @ 125ish but I don't think I have the time or money to get tires and my new clutch set up by then. Damn!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, post pics of the outside

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGOD:
Nice, post pics of the outside

Don't have any real pics. To be honest the paint needs and full correction and detail. It's just a black C5Z with black chrome wheels lowered an inch, nothing special lol

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn good work!

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yea !!! [patriot]

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what cam you running? longtubes? with a full tick hydraulic setup and textrallia clutch you should be able to hit damn near 11 flats maybe high tens, (depends on the driver and tires) my boy's cam only Z06 was only about 1/4 fender behind this c6 we raced, figure with heads that oughtta make it faster?

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
what cam you running? longtubes? with a full tick hydraulic setup and textrallia clutch you should be able to hit damn near 11 flats maybe high tens, (depends on the driver and tires) my boy's cam only Z06 was only about 1/4 fender behind this c6 we raced, figure with heads that oughtta make it faster?

Cam specs are in the first post. Not ghetto ass MS3's lol long tubes and off road X, stock Ti cat back. It'll be tick hydraulics and a monster stage 2 with aluminum flywheel. No trying to go balls out at the track and break something, just some tires that can get me a 1.8-9 60' and not break loose in 3rd lol my goal is bottom 11's @ 125. Then when this gets old the 11.2:1 will love the spray [Wink]

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:

Cam specs are in the first post. Not ghetto ass MS3's lol long tubes and off road X, stock Ti cat back. It'll be tick hydraulics and a monster stage 2 with aluminum flywheel. No trying to go balls out at the track and break something, just some tires that can get me a 1.8-9 60' and not break loose in 3rd lol my goal is bottom 11's @ 125. Then when this gets old the 11.2:1 will love the spray [Wink]
lol there's nothing wrong with the ms series cams, ms3s make ls1s into monsters, I put a ms4 in my boy's 02 z06 and the thing was a fucking monster. try the new mickey thomson street slick, my boys car almost did wheelies, might even be too much traction lol.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

quote:
quote:
quote:

lol there's nothing wrong with the ms series cams, ms3s make ls1s into monsters, I put a ms4 in my boy's 02 z06 and the thing was a fucking monster. try the new mickey thomson street slick, my boys car almost did wheelies, might even be too much traction lol.
Was thinking about those... As far as the MS3/4 goes, I equate it to a E cam lol they're top end screamers, drag/track/freeway cams. This cam will maximize tq under the curve will gaining a shit ton up top. There's no reason to over cam a motor, it's counter productive. Ide rather make 50ft lbs more than a MS3 2,500rpm sooner than make 15hp more at 7k...

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was thinking about those... As far as the MS3/4 goes, I equate it to a E cam lol they're top end screamers, drag/track/freeway cams. This cam will maximize tq under the curve will gaining a shit ton up top. There's no reason to over cam a motor, it's counter productive. Ide rather make 50ft lbs more than a MS3 2,500rpm sooner than make 15hp more at 7k...
it certainly was an agressive cam, but really driveable, drove it to san diego and back 3 times no problems, but i hear ya, a cam with more mid range would probly be better for daily driving.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

462/435 are the final #'s. this graph shows what the cam and heads added, the only change in the tune regarding peak #'s really being a/f corrected and 1* less total timing. Not bad I guess. It's a different car, that's for sure. The Vararam needs to be moving to shine as well!

-

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
462/435 are the final #'s. this graph shows what the cam and heads added, the only change in the tune regarding peak #'s really being a/f corrected and 1* less total timing. Not bad I guess. It's a different car, that's for sure. The Vararam needs to be moving to shine as well!

-

Congrats bro!!! That is QUITE an increase!!! I bet its a damn beast now!!! I hope this one finally satisfied you, because I would be smiling from ear to ear the 1st time I mashed the gas! How is the stock clutch feeling?

[ May 05, 2012, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Frick. Picked up around 70 rw [patriot]

I bet it screams on the top end now. Let me know when you are gonna take it out to Sac Raceway, ill come check you out.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:

-

Congrats bro!!! That is QUITE an increase!!! I bet its a damn beast now!!! I hope this one finally satisfied you, because I would be smiling from ear to ear the 1st time I mashed the gas! How is the stock clutch feeling?
Wow [worship] can't deny an lsx with heads an cam [patriot] can't wait to see out at at the 1320,good job Scott!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very sexy tq curve!!! nice job scotty dog.. time to line you up with the viper!

[ May 06, 2012, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice makes me want to buy a vett!! did you get the picts i send of the cobra caliper??

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com