Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » any audio guys?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: any audio guys?
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was wondering what the difference was between an alpine typr R and and alpine type E, been looking at both but dont know which one to get
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Type E is an entry level sub. Believe 250w rms. they sound decent. Type R is a big boy sub, 600rms. The Type R wil dump way harder.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Type E is an entry level sub. Believe 250w rms. they sound decent. Type R is a big boy sub, 600rms. The Type R wil dump way harder.

Let me fix Mikes statement. What amp do you have? What enclosure are you using? I have setup Type E's in custom enclosures with the right amp that slumped harder then plenty of type R's. Dont just buy the type r because it handles a higher rms and put it in a shit box, and power it with a shit amp. The sub is nothing without the other 2.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:

Let me fix Mikes statement. What amp do you have? What enclosure are you using? I have setup Type E's in custom enclosures with the right amp that slumped harder then plenty of type R's. Dont just buy the type r because it handles a higher rms and put it in a shit box, and power it with a shit amp. The sub is nothing without the other 2.
True that had a w7 in a regular ass box shit wasn't any better than a kicker comp built a custom box to spec tuned port to jl spec shit dumps like a mofo

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike is correct. Type E's are garbage... You might as well be running kicker comps. Stick with the Rs and give them plenty of air space along with proper power and you won't be disappointed! [patriot]

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:

i got a Rockford Fosgate 2-Channel amp model P850-2, for enclosure i have 2 boxes dont what they are, both are non ported

[ April 08, 2012, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have kicker comps [Frown] lol, all depends on your box and your amp to back up the sub, a good ass sound system adds a nice 15+ to the wheels [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That amp would be fine pushing a Type R. If you have the room and depending on the type of music you listen to, I would recommend a ported/vented box. Call alpine and they can set you up with the best size and port length.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had type Rs with a hifonics XXL colossus ,super slappin and amp was turned down

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
While we are on audio.... What size are the door speakers for a foxbody?? I forgot and I'm in need of some new ones.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man all this talk about sound systems. The last serious stereo i did in a car was years ago! I had bought a 65000 mile all original 84 GT350 that was garage kept I even borrowed against my retirement plan I owned the car for a week and threw about $5000 into a full system that I designed and installed my self. I built a 1" MDF/ fiberglass molded top for 2 12" eclipse titaniums each powered by a MTX 1000D mono block amp the car abslolutely slammed! it tested out at 162 DB but then a week later she was stolen from a parking garage while me and my lady were eating dinner! the car was found 5 days later in that shit hole they call richmond! completely stripped those dumb fucks even yanked the motor one of the weakest 302s ever built. I vowed to never put a nice stereo in my own cars ever again! But if theres anyone that wants a rockin well balanced system i do amazing work and would love to do a serious install again.let me know and i can pull out pics of some of my work!
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
While we are on audio.... What size are the door speakers for a foxbody?? I forgot and I'm in need of some new ones.

I got good condition stock ones I upgrade to some pioneers but ill tell you I like the sound of the stocks better I got stock rears aswell 20bucks for all four..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:

6.5 inch

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com