Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR!?!?! ENGINE/CLUTCH NOISE??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR!?!?! ENGINE/CLUTCH NOISE??
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, well here we go again...My car started to make a squeaking sound when its in gear ONLY and it was only every now and again like right after I shifted. I thought it was my serpentine belt so I changed it, no luck. but it's only when the car is in gear and moving...If it's at idle it's gone. But the reason it suspect a clutch issue is because today when I shifted in to 1st gear or reverse from a stop, there was a kind of a tick/knock...

OK, I just went outside and recorded a video of the noise my car is making...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q15rlqMb6Fw&list=UU1ex3uFFPeQSSjTw5fm2REQ&index=1&feature=plcp

PLEASE HELP!!!

[ April 03, 2012, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: jaehow23 ]

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A bad yoke in your drive shaft or bad tranny mount [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
A bad yoke in your drive shaft or bad tranny mount [Confused]

I expected to see your normal smiley lol. If it's one of those, can you see it with just putting the car on the lift?

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a vibration in your car when your driving ?

Mine fox did that same nosie when I had busted axle bushing

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
Is there a vibration in your car when your driving ?

Mine fox did that same nosie when I had busted axle bushing

there was a vibration..I posted this on MM

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/254829-what-else-can-cause-bad-vibrations.html

but it went away and actually today it KINDA started to shake again...

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/diagnostics/mechanics-stethoscope-41966.html ur best friend

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/diagnostics/mechanics-stethoscope-41966.html ur best friend

honestly, even with that I don't know enough about cars yet to diagnose my own problems, that's why I need the help.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:

+1 on that, can narrow down the sound alot better, but why not replace both while your at it

[ April 03, 2012, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

the 1st two videos are not my car, but when I would drive it would make a similar sound. the last video is my car. It makes no sound when it's idle

but I will try to do that ASAP, I have to order the parts. but I want to diagnose the actual problem if i can before i go dumping any more cash into it than I already have...

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Thanks you guys for the suggestions, I'm trying to get as much input as possible before i take it to the shop so we can look at everything at the same time

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of exhaust do u have

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by arodeast408:
What kind of exhaust do u have

off road H-pipe, flow 40s

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hub bearing! .......
At first i was thinkn somethin like the inner plastic fender liner moving enough to catch on the tire a lil bit. But forward,reverse,and turn under accel is most likely the hub bearing. How many miles?
The car never had the hyphy-movement wheels installed on it; did it? That stresses the sht outta the bearings and other suspension components.
Whats the year of your Pony?

[ April 04, 2012, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by dvuspny:
Hub bearing! .......
At first i was thinkn somethin like the inner plastic fender liner moving enough to catch on the tire a lil bit. But forward,reverse,and turn under accel is most likely the hub bearing. How many miles?
The car never had the hyphy-movement wheels installed on it; did it? That stresses the sht outta the bearings and other suspension components.

2004 Mustang GT, almost about to hit 79k, 18" wheels are the largest that has been on the car. where can I purchase hub bearings from? how much do they run? and how long does an install take? thanks in advance

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
quote:
Originally posted by dvuspny:
Hub bearing! .......

2004 Mustang GT, almost about to hit 79k, 18" wheels are the largest that has been on the car. where can I purchase hub bearings from? how much do they run? and how long does an install take? thanks in advance
qny car part store i.e. autozone napa carquest
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

verdict: Unbalanced drive shaft and bad U joints. All the clicking sounds are gone. But it sounds like my front passenger wheel squeaks at low speeds..might just be the brakes and rotors though.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com