Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » bankruptcy (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: bankruptcy
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone done this befor?????any recommendations?thanks

[ April 03, 2012, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: its50 ]

Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't buy a home with a psycho bitch when you aren't even married OR engaged....

Hope that helps....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Don't buy a home with a psycho bitch when you aren't even married OR engaged....

Hope that helps....

Thank you. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not give more detail on your situation so the cafords financial experts can guide u on the right track? [Wink] ...this is the go to source for invaluable non car related information.
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a Zr1 corvette and then declared bankruptcy..

Jk.

But I would hope you are in some serious debt, and just completely unable to pay bills before you make that descision. My parents owned a buisness in a Napa 25yrs ago. They dropped everything they had into it, and it worked well for 5 years, shit hit the fan and they were upsidedown drowing in it. They declared bankruptcy and still to this day it affects them.

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
why not give more detail on your situation so the cafords financial experts can guide u on the right track? [Wink] ...this is the go to source for invaluable non car related information.

[patriot] [Razz] [patriot]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want any decent advice you should

1. try a different message board

2. give us a little info as to why you want to do this.

Filling bankruptcy is a big deal and you dont get away with murder like you would have back in the early 90's or 80's. I had a friend tell me he was going to file because he owed $15k in debt [Roll Eyes] , you should be in pretty bad shape before filling.

the amount of debt, your age, and the age of your debt(s) should all be looked at carefully before deciding to file.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
if you want any decent advice you should

1. try a different message board

2. give us a little info as to why you want to do this.

Filling bankruptcy is a big deal and you dont get away with murder like you would have back in the early 90's or 80's. I had a friend tell me he was going to file because he owed $15k in debt [Roll Eyes] , you should be in pretty bad shape before filling.

the amount of debt, your age, and the age of your debt(s) should all be looked at carefully before deciding to file.

Well said...I've been in similar situations but its never worth the thought of filling for bankruptcy unless its a huge amount like stated by other's. If its something you can work out then handle your business bro we are capable of everything and anything so don't give up if it's something that's still within grasp. Hope you get everything solved bro.
[patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I learned a lot about how credit works here. They have a BK section
http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

[patriot] [patriot]
from gods lips to our ears

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha.WHAT A LOOSER
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 92LxHatch:
haha.WHAT A LOOSER

You're going to call him that, and spell like that [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 92LxHatch:
haha.WHAT A LOOSER

that is comedy...lol
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i lost my mach 1 over a year ago and i still owed like 14k on it.they took it and sold it then a few months later they sent me a letter saying if i dont pay it off they are gonna take it to court and i will have to pay all of that as well.someone i work with did it and he said 6 monhs later he went out and bought a brand new car.alot of people been telling me its not at as as it use to be.just wanted some input here to see what i can come up with.thanks
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
haha.WHAT A LOOSER

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by its50:
alot of people been telling me its not at as as it use to be.

That is true

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by its50:
Well i lost my mach 1 over a year ago and i still owed like 14k on it.they took it and sold it then a few months later they sent me a letter saying if i dont pay it off they are gonna take it to court and i will have to pay all of that as well.someone i work with did it and he said 6 monhs later he went out and bought a brand new car.alot of people been telling me its not at as as it use to be.just wanted some input here to see what i can come up with.thanks

so did they give you any credit for the amount they got for the car when it went to auction? sure your buddy at work went and got another car but filling for bankruptcy does not seem worth it over $14k.

you ask your friend at work what his interest rate was on this car he bought? how long his loan is for? you ask him if anyone co-signed? either way you save up a decent down payment and get something worked out with the company you got the loan from on your mach. I'm sure it will look a lot better if you were making small payments to them. do you own a home? if not then I would highly discourage you from filling as it could come back and bite you in the ass when going to buy a home.

What im trying to get at is car loans are still pretty much just handed out. filling bankruptcy for a new whip is not the answer, you have to remember that this will stay on your record for years! what is it? 7 years and something falls off your record? and bankruptcy stays on for 7-9 years(sorry I dont know how long). well...... you already got 1 year down out of the 7 to let it fall off. negotiate with the place your mach loan was through and tell them you want to work with them but they need to help you by showing you've made payments.

make some small payments for a little bit, save some extra$$$ for your down payment and when everything is all good get your car and at that point its up to you on what to do wether you want to keep paying that lender on your mach or what ever.

Whats the difference of you paying this Mach lender or a an attorney? and you will have already have a year down out of 7 to let it fall off your record. you never know what will happen in the future and to have the Bankruptcy lingering is all bad.

what if you go gambling and win $20k? you'll be like damn I could have put this money down towards buying a house but i filled bankruptcy. thats just a scenario for ya.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

you dont need to air out all your business on here, BUT if your a young guy living at home still and dont see a house in your immediate future you will probably be able to bounce back fairly quick if you file.

if your on the older side (lets say 28-30+) waiting for that bankruptcy to clear may take its toll on you as you'll be tipping 40 before its all good again and mean while sure you got out of that $14k owed BUT you will pay one way or another because car loans,credit cards hell even getting PG&E turned on in a new home is all going to cost you more due to really bad credit.

is this Mach the only item F'ing your credit up? is there some cheaper things that could be handled to help boost your score?

when I took this financial course they always drilled into our heads:"when fixing credit, start with the cheapest, most current items first!"

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let the Mach 1 loan go. The bank can sell the debt to collections and they can possibly garnish your wages, but I dout that. You can get another car loan now, its just your gonna need a huge down payment, co-signer and the APR % rate will be @ 24%.

Like mentioned before, dont file dude, your better of making small payments to keep the collector off your back. I worked very hard for my 799 credit score and would work 3 jobs if needed to keep it that way. Everone is in debt at some point of their lives. We will always owe money to someone. Hell, I owe $280k on my house. Thats way worse than your $14k. It sounds to me that your young and got coaght up with excessive car payments.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCilTzhXrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grMBw8xKBl4

Sorry, it's one of my favorite episodes!!
[Big Grin]

Dont file BK over a car.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Annualcreditreport.com. They can sue you but most likely won't. They will probably put a collection on your credit report which will fall off after 5-7 years. If you pull up your credit report it will tell you. Don't ever finance a car, it's never worth it.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Wasnt even the payment.the last 6 months i had the car it didnt run but i wanted to keep it until i got the money to fix my baby but it got towed one weekend from my house while i was outta town.by the time i got home and even realized it was gone it was like 2k to get out.had some drastic living situation changes and alot of shit come down on me at the same time...the car is all i have on my credit everything else i always kept up with.just wanted more input befor i think about filing.alot of you guys come with alot of valid points so this was my last stop.lol
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That should be your last option, but if you are that bad in bills I would recommend selling coke, you will bounce back in two months [Big Grin] jk

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
its50
¯
Member # 4069

quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
That should be your last option, but if you are that bad in bills I would recommend selling coke, you will bounce back in two months [Big Grin] jk

Thought about it...lol.i been bustin ass at work.30 hours of ot this commin check but damn.....smh

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com