Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Clutch.... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Clutch....
9svt8'
¯
Member # 11410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9svt8'  Ford pictures for 9svt8'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306mustang:
I had the ram hdx clutch in my coupe I liked it it felt like it held up nice and smooth. I only drove it for like 20 miles then I sold the car lol but it felt solid and griped. For 190 you can't go wrong w that clutch I think it's worth it

My RAM HDX is on the way and I'm installing it next week [patriot]

--------------------
96' gt - totaled
98' cobra
ROYAL EMPIRE

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont buy too aggressive, you still have a t-5. a 500hp clutch is no good when your tranny can only handle 300hp. even if you go aftermarket T-5 the input shaft changes and you will need a new disc and unless this swap is in the near future you probably will want to replace it all. slap a king cobra or regular spec in it and roll.

[ April 03, 2012, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
dont buy too aggressive, you still have a t-5. a 500hp clutch is no good when your tranny can only handle 300hp. even if you go aftermarket T-5 the input shaft changes and you will need a new disc and unless this swap is in the near future you probably will want to replace it all. slap a king cobra or regular spec in it and roll.

I've heard of people having good luck with a lot more power than that on a stock T-5. I think imma either go that king cobra kit that UPR products has or the Ram HDX

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ this is true. the point I was making was buying a clutch rated at more then your tranny can handle is pointless. if you decide to put sticker tires on the car with a clutch that grips too good , next thing to break is the tranny.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
^^^ this is true. the point I was making was buying a clutch rated at more then your tranny can handle is pointless. if you decide to put sticker tires on the car with a clutch that grips too good , next thing to break is the tranny.

Ay if it ever does break it would give me a reason to get a good ass transmission. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Ay if it ever does break it would give me a reason to get a good ass transmission. [Big Grin]
Im way passed a t5 limits, and the only gear that bitches is second. Im also using a ram hdx.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

How do you like the Ram HDX?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I've run is king cobras in all the 50z I've built, & they've range from hci 150 shots, hci charged, & hci daily driven, daily donuts, daily raced, & trips 2 LA & that's been goin on for over 4years & still goin!!.. .. & not 1 has gone out yet!!!

Actually I jus remembered I reused the same. Clutch in the hci charged & hci 150, & its still goin!!

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by SSF 50:
All I've run is king cobras in all the 50z I've built, & they've range from hci 150 shots, hci charged, & hci daily driven, daily donuts, daily raced, & trips 2 LA & that's been goin on for over 4years & still goin!!.. .. & not 1 has gone out yet!!!

Actually I jus remembered I reused the same. Clutch in the hci charged & hci 150, & its still goin!!

I think I might be sold on this one from what I've read on the UPR website, great price too.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 ford clutches are great i just wish they where the price they once were

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't go wit the upr quadrant I think its garbage wit the 3 hooks, & I personally don't like firewall adjusters! Hit me up if u need it installed!

Ya I hate that they raised the price & changed the way there made & come witout the t/o bearing, but upr looks like they got the old setup & prices, wish I knew that wit the last 3 50z I jus did!

--------------------

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
I wouldn't go wit the upr quadrant I think its garbage wit the 3 hooks, & I personally don't like firewall adjusters! Hit me up if u need it installed!

Ya I hate that they raised the price & changed the way there made & come witout the t/o bearing, but upr looks like they got the old setup & prices, wish I knew that wit the last 3 50z I jus did!

Yeah I'll hit u up hen I need it installed. But I wasn't gonna use the quadrant I like the one I have right now.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i Ran the Spec stage 1 clutch, cable feels softer then stock and grabs like no other, had a ram hd, shit took some hulk legs to push it down, hated it in traffic, love the new spec clutch, runs very well...even my mom said the clutch pedal was soft compared to the ram lmao

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

If u already got aftermarket quarant & cable, then u jus gotta get the clutch & t/o bearing, if u need a cable get the Ford racing 1..

I gotta drive the Svo again 2 c how the clutch is cause when I first put it 2gether I didn't like it but u said it got better so I wanna try it..

--------------------

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Yeah I only have a cheap clutch cable from autozone I mean it works great but I think it might be close to snapping when I looked at it yesterday on the fork.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ya that's jus a stock cable, u should switch it out 2 the Ford racing adjustable 1! Wat quarant u have?

--------------------

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Ya that's jus a stock cable, u should switch it out 2 the Ford racing adjustable 1! Wat quarant u have?

Yeah I will when I order the clutch kit along with a new flywheel just so I don't have to worry about resurfacing it N all that bs. N I'm not shure I got it with my car I have pedals from like 94-98 with an alluminum quadrant.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Clutch is lightweight slipping, what kind do y'all suggest?

King cobra [worship] [worship]

stock gets the job done just fine too though...

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
centerforce dual friction nuff said

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
love my spec clutches

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com