Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » v-town coupe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: v-town coupe
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks agian man! i really appreciate it.

he hooked it up with a better alt. than the one i had and also threw in alot of other little small parts too!

really cool guy! i didnt meet him tho, (he was not feeling well)

THANKS JEFF!
get better soon man.

[patriot]

and BTW, nice blkmrkt sticker [Big Grin]

[ March 31, 2012, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: norcalfiddy ]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah sorry man. usually I dont pass up an opportunity to b.s. but you really dont want what I got.

DR said if this doesnt clear up next stop is pnuemonia.luckly its clearing up a little.

Put them parts to use!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Jeff didn't realize you where sick. Hope your feeling better soon. We need to hit up that Alamo Bike Shop. [Cool]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jeff is a stand up, help full, bend over backward, great type of guy!!!
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Damn Jeff didn't realize you where sick. Hope your feeling better soon. We need to hit up that Alamo Bike Shop. [Cool]

yeah dude Im fucked up. I got bronchitis and I'm trying to beat this shit. dr put me on antibiotics as of thursday.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:

yeah dude Im fucked up. I got bronchitis and I'm trying to beat this shit. dr put me on antibiotics as of thursday.
Let me know if you need me to pick you up some cutty bang from parkway, or maybe just some soup LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yeah sorry man. usually I dont pass up an opportunity to b.s. but you really dont want what I got.

DR said if this doesnt clear up next stop is pnuemonia.luckly its clearing up a little.

Put them parts to use!

yea, i was hoping to see your cougar, dont you have one?.. [Confused]

and i will! already installed most of the parts!

and i saw you had a blkmrkt sticker, you ride dirtjumpers or full suspension?

[ April 02, 2012, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: norcalfiddy ]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
quote:

Put them parts to use!

yeah I do have a cougar, I was kind of hoping I was better so you could check it out, maybe help give you some motivation or Ideas towards yours.

Yeah I used to ride bmx, right now I got a black market mob I use for some dirt jumping but ride it at the skate park mostly and have been looking into a full suspension rig to go do some freeride and dh there is a lot of spots to go do that kind of riding in the bay and sac area & would like to get more involved in that!

not to mention northstar has some pretty good summer riding as well, be nice to rent a cabin for a week hit up hot august nights and do some riding plus some R&R. im not trippn I will roll the coug with a bike rack up to hot august nights!

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

theres a pic of my orange blkmrkt mob in this thread:
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=053154;p=2

I got one of the last few forks and frames to actually be made at the S&M factory before Carter severed ties over there, and started having someone else manufacture them. love it my whole bike is about 25lbs and rides better then any 24" cruiser ive ever ridden and its pretty solid! i tried everything i could to save weight. Im even running a profile titanium spindle!LOL love ridding it with a hydro rear disc brake, it is great!!

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
quote:

Put them parts to use!

yeah I do have a cougar, I was kind of hoping I was better so you could check it out, maybe help give you some motivation or Ideas towards yours.

Yeah I used to ride bmx, right now I got a black market mob I use for some dirt jumping but ride it at the skate park mostly and have been looking into a full suspension rig to go do some freeride and dh there is a lot of spots to go do that kind of riding in the bay and sac area & would like to get more involved in that!

not to mention northstar has some pretty good summer riding as well, be nice to rent a cabin for a week hit up hot august nights and do some riding plus some R&R. im not trippn I will roll the coug with a bike rack up to hot august nights!

yea i wanted to see that headlight mod as well, maybe next time ill see it.

and yea i use to ride bmx and dirt jumpers too. i also use to have a blkmrkt riot that was a pretty nice setup but traded it to my friend.

theres some nice ass trails in pacifica in the hills, takes a while to get there, but its worth it, i didnt hit any tho, i had a bmx with no brakes at the time, and plus id probaly wouldnt hit them anyways. there huge!

-

-

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
theres a pic of my orange blkmrkt mob in this thread:
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=053154;p=2

I got one of the last few forks and frames to actually be made at the S&M factory before Carter severed ties over there, and started having someone else manufacture them. love it my whole bike is about 25lbs and rides better then any 24" cruiser ive ever ridden and its pretty solid! i tried everything i could to save weight. Im even running a profile titanium spindle!LOL love ridding it with a hydro rear disc brake, it is great!!

nice setup! looks good! and wow i didnt kno carter took over, that sucks s&m is way better. my setup was pretty decent just my bars were hella narrow (thats how i got it) but owell.

--------------------

WAR189
¯
Member # 11072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WAR189  Ford pictures for WAR189    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, that bike looks familiar, haha

-

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

yeah carter decided to expand since his company is blowing up! that and I think the overhead to have S&M do the work was a lot. my frame was like $650 when I got it. but its just part of being big!

Yeah there is a bunch of stuff in pacifica. I also found some dh and Fr stuff in Belmont , oakland, santa cruz, auburn, napa there is tons of stuff.I like the Downhill and Freeride stuff because its fast and fun, reminds me of dirt bike riding. trust me you ride a full suspension bike with 5" or so of travel and big jumps arent that bad plus you come bombing down a hill you dont get to think twice about how big it is, you just hit it. full suspension is a different ball game all together.

recently talked to some guys at a bike shop way out in the cuts of walnut creek and they have some spot they go ride on tuesday and thursday nights out in that area. they all meet up when the shop closes and go.

if things work out I'll be getting this transition pbr edition bottle rocket.

really want to go ride this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdghN2K0ym8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL63FCDF4E830C878D

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
yeah carter decided to expand since his company is blowing up! that and I think the overhead to have S&M do the work was a lot. my frame was like $650 when I got it. but its just part of being big!

Yeah there is a bunch of stuff in pacifica. I also found some dh and Fr stuff in Belmont , oakland, santa cruz, auburn, napa there is tons of stuff.I like the Downhill and Freeride stuff because its fast and fun, reminds me of dirt bike riding. trust me you ride a full suspension bike with 5" or so of travel and big jumps arent that bad plus you come bombing down a hill you dont get to think twice about how big it is, you just hit it. full suspension is a different ball game all together.

recently talked to some guys at a bike shop way out in the cuts of walnut creek and they have some spot they go ride on tuesday and thursday nights out in that area. they all meet up when the shop closes and go.

if things work out I'll be getting this transition pbr edition bottle rocket.

really want to go ride this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdghN2K0ym8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL63FCDF4E830C878D

yea thats a cool dh course.

i never rode a full suspension yet, but yea i bet its way nicer and much easier to hit jumps. those are just too much $$ for me. haha.

and ive always wanted a BR! those are sweet!
i forget what its called, but blkmrkt came out with something simialar a few years back thats pretty cool

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

yeah black market and few other companies have a true slope style bike which is only up to 4" travel which a pretty cool just dont know if 4" will be enough.I've ridden a bullet which is like 10" of travel and that thing is a beast but its almost TOO much travel for the shit I want to ride.

a Bottle rocket is 5-6" which is a happy medium. the black market kill switch is cool but it is intended to also be ridden at skate parks etc and I just cant hang with that, thats why my mob is all solid it to me just rides way better. I hear ya on price this stuff is expensive! that is why my car isnt done. buying too much other stuff just sucks your money up. I recently sold my K-5 for some money and a 1/5scale hpi baja 5sc that needed some work, rather then have a project laying around I went ahead and fixed it but there went another $300+ that could have went into my car. too many hobbies and not enough time or then its not enough money.

WAR189
¯
Member # 11072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WAR189  Ford pictures for WAR189    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottlerockets are nice frames from what I heard. Still trying to figure out what fully I'm gonna get when I actually get one haha.

--------------------
CAfurds
91' GT

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by WAR189:
Bottlerockets are nice frames from what I heard. Still trying to figure out what fully I'm gonna get when I actually get one haha.

what type of riding you going to do?
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
yeah black market and few other companies have a true slope style bike which is only up to 4" travel which a pretty cool just dont know if 4" will be enough.I've ridden a bullet which is like 10" of travel and that thing is a beast but its almost TOO much travel for the shit I want to ride.

a Bottle rocket is 5-6" which is a happy medium. the black market kill switch is cool but it is intended to also be ridden at skate parks etc and I just cant hang with that, thats why my mob is all solid it to me just rides way better. I hear ya on price this stuff is expensive! that is why my car isnt done. buying too much other stuff just sucks your money up. I recently sold my K-5 for some money and a 1/5scale hpi baja 5sc that needed some work, rather then have a project laying around I went ahead and fixed it but there went another $300+ that could have went into my car. too many hobbies and not enough time or then its not enough money.

damn you got a 5sc too? ive always wanted one for a while but ive seen used ones got for around $700-800 on craigslist about a year or 2 ago. i was looking at the 5b tho. i was into r/c's for alittle, but there money pits. even the crawlers.

and i wanna get another bike as well, prob a bmx. just need to get a few bucks since i dump it all into my cougar. lol

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

yeah I have a bunch of shit I mess with. seems like i go in spurts. I'll buy guns for a bit, then bikes, then r/c stuff, then throw a few bucks into the crf50 pit bike, its just a revolving door. I recently had to say no more B.S. all extra funds either pay for some vacation or car stuff and I just have to stick with it.

Like I said one of these times your welcome to come by and check everything out and kick it for a bit!

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
yeah I have a bunch of shit I mess with. seems like i go in spurts. I'll buy guns for a bit, then bikes, then r/c stuff, then throw a few bucks into the crf50 pit bike, its just a revolving door. I recently had to say no more B.S. all extra funds either pay for some vacation or car stuff and I just have to stick with it.

Like I said one of these times your welcome to come by and check everything out and kick it for a bit!

rite on man im gunna have to stop by sometime!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com