Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » advice on setup 90 coupe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: advice on setup 90 coupe
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok ca fords im in need of some help i no some of you guys have had different set ups and im working on mine so
PARTS on CAR
explorer intake, 65 tb and egr, shorty headers, h pipe, e cam, msd cap rotor, ford racing plugs, msd coi, 5.0 pro shirter.

PARTS SITTING TO BE INSTALLED
vortech a trim blower, 255 fuel pump, lakewoods 70/30 front 50/50 rears,

PARTS I GOT BUT DONT NO WEATHER TO INSTALL OR SELL
holley systemax II, f cam, 373 gears, gt40 explorer heads.

so my question is should i ditch the explorer and throw the systemax intake on and ditch the e cam and install the f cam. Ive heard the f cam is a little better for the blower. i no my setup is nothing crazy but im working on making it decent. Would these parts work well with each other or what should i switch, thanks in advance

[ March 31, 2012, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: sleeping stallion ]

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The systemax and f cam would love the blower!.....run the gt40 heads or upgrade to some better ones. Should move pretty good

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so f cam and intake for sure cool then i can sell the explorer and e cam for cheap. as far as heads go not sure what i wanted to do thinking bout porting the tfs spring kit and a nice set off rr and calling it a day unless i can get a killer deal on some trick flows or afr

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

capriman
¯
Member # 11659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for capriman  Ford pictures for capriman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
install gears, fcam, sell the exploder, gt40s, ecam and the a-trim head unit.

then find a deal on some aluminum heads(ie tfs,afr,eddy's, etc) and a s-trim head unit, throw it all together with the systemax and an adequate fuel system and tune then have fun, imho. [Wink]

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

thanks

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
simple. how fast are you trying to go? dump the explorer intake and heads. get some nice 185 afr's and a custom cam and call it. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The real question is how long do you want it to last. Aluminum heads are all good but a waste of money if you are gonna superchsrge it. That block is gona be seeing 350 on just a intake can and small boost. Add some gt40s and a underdrive crank pulley and you could destroy the stock block.
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say fuck it go hard or stay at home...lol im runing edelbrock's 185's f303 boreded 306 v2 blower an calling it a day.but thats me im still in prosses hope everything goes fine.but thats jus me.ill keep you posted.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys its a small blower blower im just gonna run that for now. Not trying to make this into a track car but it will b nice to dip into the low 12. My02 gt heads cam.intake 75 shot auto got me 11.6at124

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say put all the parts on and be done with it,you should be happy with it.OR SRLL ME YOUR PARTS FOR MY TEAL HATCH [Big Grin]
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

well looks like i will be selling the explorer stuff along with the e cam

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com