Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » crazy night for me: car dies, pulled over...sheesh

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: crazy night for me: car dies, pulled over...sheesh
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I was headed to Dixon from roseville to pick up an alternator because mine was crapping out on me (battery light was on the whole way there btw). So I made it out to Dixon and I turned my car off when I parked, just habit. I meet up with the guy and pick up the alternator and go to start my car. It BARELY turns over. I hop on the freeway headed back to sac and right as I head up the fwy before UC Davis I see my cluster lights slowly dimming lol. I get to the apex of the hill the car starts to bog. I pull over under a streetlight on the side of the freeway and I hit up a couple people from 50reasons for some suggestions. After a few calls and some debating..I call my cousin out so we can swap out the alternator right there on the road. While I'm waiting a cop pulls is behind me and asks of I need any help and I told him "no thanks" and he yells out "GET OUT THE CAR NIGGER!" ok that's a lie..this cop was actually super cool. He said "ok good luck" and he took off. My cousin shows up and we swap out the alternator and jump the car and it fires up. While I was out changing the part, my girl called and said she was having a bad day and asked to come out. So I turn around and go the other way toward vacaville. As I exit the highway, I get to a red light, when it turned green I took off normal then I punch it through 2nd and into 3rd. I see lights coming up behind me and It looks like a cop, I wasn't speeding or anything so I was good. I turn and I see the decals on the car and sure enough get pops me. I pull over and he comes to the window and says "we've had complaints of people doing donuts late at night and your car looks like it could do one." I gave em the -_- and said "so does yours..." and he laughed then said "HE'S GOT A GUN!" lol kidding again. He told me the real reason was because its illegal to have a modified exhaust on your car and he heard me from 2 blocks away. I told em I bought the car like this, then told him where I work, and that my moms a cop as well. So he said to hold on...he said something into the radio then said as long as I didn't have any warrants I was free to go. I'm a straight shooter so I don't and he gave me my license back and said "have a good night" so no tickets for the exhaust or black window tint either lol. My alternator is new and its gonna be a good night.

Hope you guys enjoyed that story...I know its cool, bro.

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn bro you had a bad night with all that happening all at once..Just look on the bright side no ticket for modified exhaust and your car is running and got to go home=WINNING... I'm glad everything worked out for you.. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea man it was pretty crazy. I'm happy it only cost me $50 (cost of the alternator and gas.)

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Impressed, you sound responsible. Congrats on making the best of a rough night!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice one...if i knew any better a year back, i wouldnt have spent 180 bucks on my alternator.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vacaville cops Can be dicks sometimes
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Thanks guys. And a302 it was from someone off Craigslist. They got a new motor so this one was just sitting. He asked 160 at 1st then I told em some bs and said I'd give em $40 and he said ok lol. And it works fine...for now.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

QUOTE]Originally posted by anderthizzle:
Vacaville cops Can be dicks sometimes [/QUOTE]
Please post again ASAP! your post count bothers me. A lot. And yes they can be...both encounters were actually reason for me to think "how can people say 'f the police' " they didn't bother me at all and were cool.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit bad number [Eek!] I said can be....
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where do you work? Did that let you off with the cop?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should've told him mommy bought it, I drive it.
Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Where do you work? Did that let you off with the cop?

I work loss prevention on Travis and McClellan AFB. I doubt that got me off but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This story gets a big [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cocaines a helluvadrug.....

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Cocaines a helluvadrug.....

I had 10 bricks in the trunk too..

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
This story gets a big [Roll Eyes]

lol it would.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by anderthizzle:

there only dicks when you are breaking the law.so don't break the law.
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:
quote:
Originally posted by anderthizzle:

there only dicks when you are breaking the law.so don't break the law.
QFT

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com