Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new DD: 1993 Mustang 4-banger! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: The new DD: 1993 Mustang 4-banger!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As some of you know, I was in the market for a 4-cyl Foxbody for a while and I finally picked one up a few weeks ago. Some people may have seen this car in the for sale section...it wasn't as nice as it seemed [Embarrassed] I'm not trying to throw the seller under the bus, because he was a cool guy, but the car definitely had its issues, ie: front brakes were held on by one bolt, ac compressor bracket was completely fucked and the compressor was literally wedged in the engine bay, seats werent matching and wobbly, a shit load of unused wires under the dash, etc etc!

The car basically became a mini project, which i never intended to have, but now it's finally running right and seems to be pretty safe now. Still need to smog it but I think it'll pass since I did a complete tune up (crossing my fingers).

Still have a few things to do but here she is as of today...

Seller's picture prior to sale

-

After changing front struts, fixing brake issues, tune up, installing matching blue front seats, and cutting off 3/4 coil from the front springs

-

After selling the polished 99/01 cobras and sitting on my white Saleen Speedlines (I loved the look but the rears rubbed like a mo fo!)

-

How it sits as of today...17x8 / 18x9 anthracite Bullitts

-

-

-

[ March 29, 2012, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not bad Ian, but i hope you didn't put more than $1500 into everything as it now sits. i would have opted for a stock 5.0 myself. those saleens look sweet on there, but don't put them on if its DD. good luck with it bro!
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good. All it needs now is a 50 conversion [Razz]
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want those SPEEDLINES !!!
stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking clean!, only thing i would do is cut that ugly tail pipe a lil so its not sticking out letting everyone know its a 4banger [Big Grin]

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vin...I got the car for more than $1500 but I've got a couple hundred in tune up parts and little misc things. I would've loved to get a stock 5.0 (it was actually my initial plan) but with gas prices and driving all city streets, it wouldn't have been wise.

Alex... Definitely needs one! IF I keep it, which I highly doubt, I may consider a swap in the future, but for now the Faleen is my "fun" car and this is just the beater. The suv wasn't cutting it for daily use anymore.

Ronin...the saleens are staying with me, sorry! When I want the faleen to look "nice" I want to have the option of throwing them back on [Big Grin]

[ March 29, 2012, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by stock fox:
Looking clean!, only thing i would do is cut that ugly tail pipe a lil so its not sticking out letting everyone know its a 4banger [Big Grin]

I want ppl to know its a 4-banger so they leave it the hell alone! Lol [dance]

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Sydeways6, you killin me. Those wheels are so hard to find, if you ever want to sell them I'm your man.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
Damn Sydeways6, you killin me. Those wheels are so hard to find, if you ever want to sell them I'm your man.

Honestly, if i got the right offer I'd sell them [Wink] Money talks my friend! They're 18x8.5 all around. The rears have the correct "rear" offset (+13) so they fit flush like the 18x10's would. They're a matching set, all stamped Saleen Speedline Italy! If you're serious, PM me. [Wink]

--------------------

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that shit looks fresh on them white speedlines

looks good on the bullits too, cant go wrong with those

nice gas friendly DD !

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:

Honestly, if i got the right offer I'd sell them [Wink] Money talks my friend! They're 18x8.5 all around. The rears have the correct "rear" offset (+13) so they fit flush like the 18x10's would. They're a matching set, all stamped Saleen Speedline Italy! If you're serious, PM me. [Wink]
Will do man, once my funds increase and I can make you a substantial offer.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Oh, and if anyone wants to race, I got 373's in this bitch lol [Razz]

Cobra brakes all around, cobra rearend, 373's, and Strange rear shocks w/ coil overs! What's your V-tech got on that hahaha [burnout]

--------------------

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now you just need a 4-cyl turbo swap in this thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUjQCV58TU&feature=related

[patriot]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good bro!

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would love to DD that 4 banger
Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you get ready to sell, keep me in mind, I've been looking for a 4 banger dd.
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never had a 4 banger mustang before how does it drive?
looks good by the way!

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Thanks guys! Although it doesn't look like it from the outside, the car has come a long way in the 3 weeks that I've owned it.

Maeco...it's not a bad DD from what I can tell. It's slow, so it's not necessarily "fun," but gas is pretty good on it and it's pretty comfortable for what it is. I'd recommend them as DD's!

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You buy this in Sacramento?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Cobra brakes all around, cobra rearend, 373's, and Strange rear shocks w/ coil overs! What's your V-tech got on that hahaha [burnout]

I'll race you, in my SVT Focus!
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian,

You mentioned gas mileage.

I've always heard that the gas mileage between a 4-banger fox and a stock 5.0 is very close.

By the way, 4cyl fox? I don't get it.

[ March 29, 2012, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Ian,

I've always heard that the gas mileage between a 4-banger fox and a stock 5.0 is very close.

quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:
looks like the 4 bangers got 3 MPG better than a 5.0. 19 vs 16 around town.

If you drive 5000 miles a year in it, you use:

4CYL 263 gallons @ 4 dollars a gallon = $1052 per year

8CYL 312 gallons @ 4 dollars a gallon = $1248 per year

You will save roughly $16.66 a month by driving a much slower car...

If its a cheaper initial price that is driving you towards a 4 banger, go for it, but if it is gas savings you wont see too much of a difference.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man i really need to start selling crack [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when it had a stock 5.0 in it I was able to get 19mpg/25mpg city/highway out of my coupe, t5 + 3.73's.

I drove it once as a 4 banger/automatic, that was enough for me LOL.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
You buy this in Sacramento?

Yes, the guy was from Sac

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:

I'll race you, in my SVT Focus!
Bring it on Tim hahah! But in all honesty, this thing is dog shit slow [Big Grin] I do have the urge to run it at Infineon one day though...this car is so loose and unbalanced its ridiculous! I think it'd be fun [burnout]

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Ian,

Honestly, I dont think the gas mileage comes close to a stock 5.0. Maybe freeway driving, but with all city driving, the 5.0 would eat way more gas! I know that my past v8 mustangs with stock motors would get better MPG's than a stock foxbody 5.0 (96 saleen, 95 cobra, 98 cobra, etc), but they didnt get nearly as much MPG's on city driving as this one gets.

And what don't you get? Yes, its a 4-cyl Foxbody. I didnt buy it for much and I still have my other cars. I just wanted another "beater" Mustang that I could drive around town in and save a little gas [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
man i really need to start selling crack [Roll Eyes]

You're implying what??? [Confused]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com