Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Trade offer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Trade offer
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im selling my 07 gt with 66k miles 5 speed asking 17k. I got an offer with this 66 mustang. Im thinking about it but would like cash on top at least 10k. What are yalls opinions? Everyone feel free to chime in.  -

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so you would be gettin the 66 for 7k? Do you have anymore info on the car?? rust? aftermarter parts? disc brakes? paint? anybubbles in paint? the list goes on & on..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from the pics it looks pretty straight and good. 7k isnt bad from what i can see in the pics? Is this gonna be ur daily driver??

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
so you would be gettin the 66 for 7k? Do you have anymore info on the car?? rust? aftermarter parts? disc brakes? paint? anybubbles in paint? the list goes on & on..

Yes id be getting the car for 7k. i havnt responded to him yet, never bought an old school before so idk everything to ask and check for.I dont want to get the car for more than its worth id rather lowball and work my way up. Before i send him an email what should i ask about? Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Yeah it would be a daily for a little while although id try not to drive it that much.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

ask about:
rust:
under battery
under carpet/under car @ flr pans
open trunk check far right and left @ lower corner panels

ask him how old paint job is. If it's 5+ years any real bad rust will start to show

under hood check the top of the fender aprons for any wreck damage

on from frame rails check for wreck damage, as well at the rear.

ask if any electrical problems
how long has he owned the car

Does the car have disc brakes? power brakes?

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Yeah it would be a daily for a little while although id try not to drive it that much.

it's hard to daily drive an old school, but i guess it can be done. Goin from a newer car to a classic can get depressing fast

From the looks of the pic, it seems to have a roller 302 motor in it.

[ March 27, 2012, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
quote:

it's hard to daily drive an old school, but i guess it can be done. Goin from a newer car to a classic can get depressing fast
Thanks for the help. I know how it is ive seen my dad with his old schools before, not anymore tho lol.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

+1 on that.I found this out firsthand.If your used to newer cars your not gonna like the suspension,manual steering,or manual/4 wheel drum brakes found on alot of old schools.And its not cheap to do a quality upgrade.It would have to be a g machine to keep a late model guy happy,and thats gonna cost 20K+

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
quote:

+1 on that.I found this out firsthand.If your used to newer cars your not gonna like the suspension,manual steering,or manual/4 wheel drum brakes found on alot of old schools.And its not cheap to do a quality upgrade.It would have to be a g machine to keep a late model guy happy,and thats gonna cost 20K+
it would be my first old school to own, but i have driven a 65 impala manual steering brakes etc. I drove that when i was like 15 or 16 wouldnt mind owning an old school. I dont plan on driving it that much especially cause gas and insurance. I want to get a harley soon as a dd

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Couple things:

#1 - That classic looks like it would be fairly priced at $7K or so.

#2 - Why do I have so much confidence that the owner of the classic won't go for it, lol.

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Couple things:

#2 - Why do I have so much confidence that the owner of the classic won't go for it, lol.

Lol at #2 Ill see what happens and let you guys know.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Couple things:

This too.
That looks like a Mustang the guy could ask 10K or more for.

--------------------

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Did a little research on good ol CL and found this. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2880076190.html
Hes asking 14k Doubt Ill be able to get it for 7k. O well wont hurt to ask. Im just going to pretend I never saw the ad lol.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Off-topic: Does anyone know how to make CL listings like the one above, with the smaller photos listed on the R which will show up as a large picture on the L when clicked on?
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Did a little research on good ol CL and found this. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2880076190.html
Hes asking 14k Doubt Ill be able to get it for 7k. O well wont hurt to ask. Im just going to pretend I never saw the ad lol.

So if thats what in it, i would say worth around 10.

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
Off-topic: Does anyone know how to make CL listings like the one above, with the smaller photos listed on the R which will show up as a large picture on the L when clicked on?

I think thats a new feature on CL.

--------------------

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say don't do it, an older car is an older car, sure having a collectors classic or restored old school is cool but I don't think it's worth trading over for a new Mustang, when the only disadvantage of the newer Mustang is the fact that it is new and not an old school.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
ask about:
rust:
under battery

ask him how old paint job is. If it's 5+ years any real bad rust will start to show

I have had it about 3 years the paint job was done 3 weeks ago and there is only one small spot beneath the battery tray not touching or near any paint. Has air conditioning and custom 69 mustang aluminum radiator and fan shroud installed yesterday. The temp stays super cool. There are no electrical problems and the front brakes are disc and rear is drum. Has manual brakes with a boost pump stops great

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
quote:
ask about:
rust:
under battery

I have had it about 3 years the paint job was done 3 weeks ago and there is only one small spot beneath the battery tray not touching or near any paint. Has air conditioning and custom 69 mustang aluminum radiator and fan shroud installed yesterday. The temp stays super cool. There are no electrical problems and the front brakes are disc and rear is drum. Has manual brakes with a boost pump stops great
That's what he replied i offered him the trade with 10k on top from him. If he says no its on to the next offer

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
I say don't do it, an older car is an older car, sure having a collectors classic or restored old school is cool but I don't think it's worth trading over for a new Mustang, when the only disadvantage of the newer Mustang is the fact that it is new and not an old school.

I hear that man but i need to free up some cash

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice looking coupe.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice coupe right there, that car is easily worth 10 for sure. And no its no big deal to dd an old skool. I drove my 66 for years and loved it, yea no creature comforts but fuck it you get used to it. I've since gotten my 97 cobra as a DD but I find myself driving my old skool a lot just cuz its not the Same, I love driving that thing [patriot] I personally wouldn't give you 10 on top of the trade

[ March 27, 2012, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
Nice coupe right there, that car is easily worth 10 for sure. And no its no big deal to dd an old skool. I drove my 66 for years and loved it, yea no creature comforts but fuck it you get used to it. I've since gotten my 97 cobra as a DD but I find myself driving my old skool a lot just cuz its not the Same, I love driving that thing [patriot] I personally wouldn't give you 10 on top of the trade

yea and neither would he. his email reply was "Lol no thanks." wouldve been cool but not what im looking for.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com