Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone into bicycles? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone into bicycles?
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn bro nice collection^^^

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
I was pretty big into BMX you could say. I used to race ABA bmx back in the day. Did all the Nationals for about 6 years. Did stuff with X-games when it came to SF. All stopped when I took a 25ft. fall onto my back. Broke it pretty good. I still feel it today. Not sure if it was my worst crash. I did rip my left ear off in a crash. 36 stitches to put it back. But through my years I did ride for many great companies and had a good Race team way back when. Let's see first company I rode for:
Specialized. I had a Fatboy A1 Team.
 -
Then GT. Here was me after tearing my ear off. I had to use a Beanie to keep the bandage on over my ear. But why should that stop me from riding?
 -
I started Dirt Jumping more, so here I'm with my Huffy TL-88
 -
Then I rode with the Boss guys for a while. I'm still looking for my pics of both my bikes from them.
After them I got a great sponsorship from Cheeta Cycles. With them I got my associate sponsors Chris King, Crupi, Answer, Sun-Ringle', Hayes Brakes, Shimano.
I have pics of my 6 bikes somewhere. I only have 1 of it now though. This frame, Hubset, and Disk Brake system was designed just for me. This would be in 1999-2000. So at the time this was far advanced. Chris King worked with Hayes Disk Brakes and Cheeta to create a 1 off, single speed, disk brake BMX bikes. I sold it like an idiot to a friend about 2005 after my son was born, thinking I could get it back later complete, but he lost my disk brake. But frame and hub were still there, so at least I have good build off it.
Here is it now. Cheeta Teamline JN Signature. 1 of 1. 75.5* Head angle, 72* Seat tube angle, 22" Top Tube, 14" Chain stay.

-
1 off Chris King Single speed, Disk BMX hub, and the Disk mounts
 -
 -

Here is my thrasher BMX today. Hoffman
 -

My oldest brother was a beast in the ABA in the mid-80's early 90's. I remember watching him and Charles Townsend go at it back in the day. He got sponsored by Shimano for a while and rode for Skyway for a while too. I rode for a bit, but basketball was my thing.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I used to ride and build trails with Trevor Piggot, Shane Hungtun and some of the other guys from BOSS, and Quicksilver Bicycles. Townsend used to stick to Cali alot, so I basically only rode with him out there. It's funny, cause the pics above half of them are from the Old Livermore Creek trails we built. I was just watching an old DVD Miracle Boy and Nyquist, and lone behold my old trails and me and by old crew were in it alot more then I thought. But yeah I did Nationals all over the west coast for a good while. When not doing that I rode at anyone of our 5 sets of trails in Livermore, out at Cali, or Shady 80. I did some street riding on and off. But mostly dirt only. Brings back some memories.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I managed to put about 20 miles on my new GIANT DEFY-2 roadbike on Sunday... few thoughts:

1.) Road-bikes are absolutely the only way to go if you want to cover serious distance

2.) That tiny seat is NOT user friendly by any means. I will have to buy some padded shorts or a larger/softer seat.

3.) I need to get a helmet! Any recommendations?

[patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I managed to put about 20 miles on my new GIANT DEFY-2 roadbike on Sunday... few thoughts:

1.) Road-bikes are absolutely the only way to go if you want to cover serious distance

2.) That tiny seat is NOT user friendly by any means. I will have to buy some padded shorts or a larger/softer seat.

3.) I need to get a helmet! Any recommendations?

[patriot]

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, the smaller/thinner seat profile turns out to be much more comfortable w/ padded shorts. The bigger seats also tend to be much wider in the nose, which really can really irritate your thighs on a longer ride.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
375stroker
¯
Member # 7485

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 375stroker  Ford pictures for 375stroker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any body have any boss bmx stuff
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 375stroker:

I use to have some boss bars and boss 3pc cranks. [Smile]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 375stroker:

yea, look at page 2.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ernesto you have an amazing collection! I used to race and dirt jump a Boss Badboy. Loved it. Used to ride Creek Trails in Mountain View with Cecil. Awesome guy. RIP.