Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 89 notch for sale $8,000 Obo will trade for... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 89 notch for sale $8,000 Obo will trade for...
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
quote:
Originally posted by klean50stangz:
He probably ment the transmission is out of a Saleen.

+1. They were geared for higher top speed. My friend had one in his black hatch and we hit 200 mph with no problems
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
LOL WOLF TICKETS! Show me a vid of a foxbody doing 200MPH without being fully tracked out. A T5 out of a fox would never be able to handle power like that. NO FUCKING WAY

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by epic4444:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Do you swearzies bout dat suleeeeen trannysmission? Aaannd datzz a chp?!! Deeeaaaaaauuuuummmm? DatZz Rull Rull rare! Imma finna hazzz ta axe mah mamma for sum dat paypa fa I could ca$$h you out do?!!!! axtually imma brang u ten cuz I don't wanna rip you off doez

1 luv

<3 MikeD.

Not even close too being funny unless you actually talk like that (which I wouldn't doubt) then its not only funny but also sad
I hope that's not what they teach in school these days...
How can you think you're cool when you can't type, spell, or even speak? 2012 may actually be the true end of the world.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can we just see pictures?how can you sell a car with no pictures..............
Posts: 125 | From: San Fran and eastbay | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:
quote:

+1. They were geared for higher top speed. My friend had one in his black hatch and we hit 200 mph with no problems
Okaaaay buddy..... And my ferrari has hit speeds of Mach 3 in the quarter mile.
That was a converted fiero I sold you. [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL WOLF TICKETS! Show me a vid of a foxbody doing 200MPH without being fully tracked out. A T5 out of a fox would never be able to handle power like that. NO FUCKING WAY
no tickets here bro they were geared a lot lower for higher speed. Thats why original foxbody saleens had speedos that went to 200 instead of 140. Look it up, i'll wait.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats funny.....there are two cars that ford has ever made that can go 200 MPH. the 2013 Shelby gt500 and the ford GT. the shelby needs 650 HP and WAY more aerodynamics than any other mustang out there to hit 200. it takes a hell of a lot more than a high geared (not low geared, thats what 4x4s are) tranny to make a car go 200.

hell, my superbike is a motor with plastics, two wheels and handlebars and has like a 1:4 horsepower to weight ratio and it tops out about 170-175.

[ March 01, 2012, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Farrell ]

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Numerically low gears are for higher top speed. And you guys can argue all you want but it happened. It took a while to get to 200 but it happened and 200 is fast as fuck.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many people have calibrated speedometers, lol.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Numerically low gears are for higher top speed. And you guys can argue all you want but it happened. It took a while to get to 200 but it happened and 200 is fast as fuck.

not arguing at all...just calling you a liar..which you are...Liar...

it didn't happen..stop lying

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:

not arguing at all...just calling you a liar..which you are...Liar...

it didn't happen..stop lying

Lyin i am not; happened it did [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

no tickets here bro they were geared a lot lower for higher speed. Thats why original foxbody saleens had speedos that went to 200 instead of 140. Look it up, i'll wait.
oh shit...that means that the older mustangs that only had 85mph speedos could only do 85....damn....

you are too stupid for your own good.

Supercharged Saleen SC's only went ~150-160....calibrated (think they actually tested them to 156)...and since they didn't use the 140mph speedo, they created their own 200mph one....mostly for show....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
Why do people think CAFords is the place to come in and try to sell you're car with an asking price of 8k+, and the only info is a number and "new" everything?

You don't like the criticism provided here, then GO TO CRAIGSLIST, where your inadequate ad's belong!

HOW CAN WE HATE ON A CAR WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A SINGLE PIC OF???? [burnout]

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You sir are a fucken dipshit. Nuff said [patriot]
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh shit...that means that the older mustangs that only had 85mph speedos could only do 85....damn....

you are too stupid for your own good.

Supercharged Saleen SC's only went ~150-160....calibrated (think they actually tested them to 156)...and since they didn't use the 140mph speedo, they created their own 200mph one....mostly for show....

this is a general discussion, no need for name calling. This wasnt a saleen, it was a modded gt hatch which had saleen donor parts such as the tranny, speedo, springs and some other additions. I believe it had 2.73 or 3.08 gears. It took a while to get up to 200 but it did. And it also had the correct speedo gear so i think it was pretty accurate. Its also pretty easy to tell when youre going 200mph.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Normal foxbody saleens have a 170 Speedo, ultra rare SC models had the 200 speedos. Gearing was 3.55 buddy. you have no clue buddy

--------------------

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:

You sir are a fucken dipshit. Nuff said [patriot]
Explain sir.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In this bitch before the muthafuckin lock

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think hes posted pics of his car i think the hate needs to stop,its pretty clean if i remember correctly 8k i bet is the starting price,i bet it cleaner than most your cars including my teal hatch,so lets be cool and not jump the gun yet, the mods seem very nice,just give him a chance guys

[ March 01, 2012, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: 92LxHatch ]

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude quit lying...! The more you do, the dumber you sound.

I think your boys car was not calibrated because you must not have any idea what kind of power and extensive mods it would take A fox to hit speeds like that. Give it up bro.

[ March 01, 2012, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

a numerically lower GEAR RATIO in the tranny makes you go faster and it requires a BIGGER gear (more teeth, ie higher gear)

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Dude quit lying...! The more you do, the dumber you sound.

I think your boys car was not calibrated because you must not have any idea what kind of power and extensive mods it would take A fox to hit speeds like that. Give it up bro.

LOL, they probably had the stupid speedo in dudes car. The needle probably hit the 200 but in reality it was probably only going 85 LOL. FUCKING STONERS NOWADAYS

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com