Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » US AIR FORCE (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: US AIR FORCE
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sleeping stallion:
al branches are down sizing the he guidon ARMY NEWS PAPER front page was talking bout how much they are going to be downsizing the marines as well

Exactly . That's why their standards are even higher now because so many want to join. And all these nintendo and xbox war games have made being a soldier that much more desirable when in reality it's nothing even like what those video games depict.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
I was born on a USAF base in Japan grew up as air force brat on a couple bases in Japan then moved out to northern Cali where my dad retired after 22 yrs.. Was definitely a good experience for me, but I knew the military wasn't for me

Kadena? By any chance you know a guy named Shawn Iltis?
No tachikawa then to yokota afb then to McClellan AFB

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My sister is currently serving in the usaf as active duty. Ill soon be there with her, I can try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im an ex marine

dont expect any props for being in the air force, but you will get the best perks form any branch

i went into a chow hall on an air force base.....i almost left cuz i thought i was in an officers chow hall

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol @ kadena

i was stationed at camp hansen down south...but my ex wife was an air force brat

wee bit nicer life on kadena V camp hansen

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I find the perceptions of Army/Navy/Marines towards the USAF amusing. Joining any branch of the service is an open book test, and people need to take accountability for their decisions.

Joining the USAF was one of the best decisions I've ever made. OP, if you can get a medical AFSC (specialty), you'll find your service will likely lead to great career prospects when you get out... It is a great way serve your country while gettig paid to learn a valuable skill. Good luck!

98 Saleen Cobra
¯
Member # 11679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 Saleen Cobra  Ford pictures for 98 Saleen Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like most have said go and talk to a recruiter. The Military is down sizing. I think the wait to join the Coast Guard now is close to a year. The A-school wait for almost every Rate is over 6months iirc. If you do join do yourself a favor and listen to the people who wish they did 20years and go a pention. I'm at 6years in the Coast Guard, and it has flown by. You might not get every station you want but that's half the fun. Every place is different and has the potential to be an amazing expierence.

So far in the Coast Guard I've been to New Jersey (basic), Guam, Petaluma (A-School), Point Reyes CA, and now Mobile AL. So far I love Mobile and it's a great place believe it or not.

Anyways if you have any questions I've been doing this for a while and can answer most questions.. Good luck

--------------------
98 Cobra - AED Built Motor - Griggs Racing - Vortech T-trim - Kooks - Aeromotive - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - AED Tuned

Posts: 22 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com