Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I got approved for it (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I got approved for it
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol im no gangsta but i appreciate more money in my pocket, hate having to fill up every 3 days from commuting to work, i think it would be a better financial decision to get a small truch rather then a v10 which isnt even worth it, its more of a work horse then a everyday thing...id get me either a ranger or a tacoma or sumthing of that nature, they can still do things and get awsome gas milage, jus dont jump the gun on making a big ass purchase your gonna regret, you have plenty of time to be like lee lol...but id keep my options open, just remeber its a 5yr commitment plus it has almost no resale value

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'm looking the diesels now 7.3's only xlt crew cabs raised and below 200k miles 6' beds only and the prices aren't to bad at. Actually I found one for like 3k less than the v10 model I first spoke of. I might even go cummins but the ones I like aren't old enough to get a good price. A 99 ford f250 looks better than a 99 2500.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7.3's FTW.

and damn never got a text about 330, ill come by at 330 tomorrow, cool?

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
Don't get a v10 ... Spend the extra $$ and get a diesel

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What. Guys think?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2822534836.html

--------------------
King Lx

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7.3 powerstroke bad ass diesel my brother is a diesel mechanic and worked on them all the time he took me for a ride in one that had the BANKS peformance parts and that thing was bad ass

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If youre gonna finance, I suggest you go short term. Since youre a first time buyer and the car is that old, the banks are gonne hit you with a REAL UNNATRACTIVE interest rate. They do that so you dont finance older cars.

You can finance short term and keep your rate lower. I dont know what your credit score is but usually when we get first time buyers with 620-680 scores, we usually get approvals for around 8-16% And thats just the buy rate, not even us making any money on it.

I hope you get a great deal on the finance end of it.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went through this.

There is a reason the V10s are sooo much cheaper. They are crap.

They perform like shit and eat fuel.

After owning this turbo diesel I will never own another gasoline engine truck...unless Im flippin it.

Be patient. Dont be afraid of the 6.0L. It takes quite a few mods from a 7.3 to keep up with a 6.0L. The newer 08 trucks are a nightmare to work on and maintain.

If you get a 6.0L try to get one with EGR delete or replaced EGR and OIL cooler. Run CAT coolant in it.

Maintenance is more important with regards to the fuel system on a diesel and you are looking at something that holds 3 gallons of oil.

My diesel has a programmer and gets from 14-19mpg loaded (14) or agressive tune and unloaded 19mpg with economy tune. I believe Lee gets more.

You been in my truck on the economy tune I believe James.......it is what it is.

I paid 18K for mine last year it is clean as fuck, lifted and had 93k on it.

Ive put another 30k on it since July!!

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Yea Dan I personally drove your truck that day we used it for work and it's better than most luxury cars. And the dodge 2500 we have at work is smooth as butter too and I used to drive a f350 sd dully all the time. But yea first thing I would do is go get a economy tune and aggressive tune at left coast diesel. I'll be going to take a look at that one I posted this week hopefully it's a good deal and it's got the lifespan of a regular commuter left in it still.

--------------------
King Lx

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com