Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need opinions..what do you think of this car? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need opinions..what do you think of this car?
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1) that's NOT a Shelby GT-C "California" edition... the California editions were all Grabber Orange and they only made 220 of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
a shelby gt will never be a collector car.

2) a serialized and numbered Shelby GT has a higher likely hood of collector car status in the long run (especially once Carroll kicks the bucket) than any SVT produced product, with the exception of the "R" model cars.

Honestly I could see the Shelby GT's pulling more money in the long run than the GT500's, which are just Shelby badged SVT cars... Shelby GT's actually get produced at Shelby Automobiles, where as the GT500's are made by Ford, in-house. There's also far fewer Shelby GT's than GT500's... i think there's maybe 8,000 Shelby GT's total, where as GT500 production has surpassed 10,000 cars per year on a few occasions already.

Example: you can almost afford a used GT500 for the price of a used Shelby GT. Considering MSRP on a Shelby GT was like $36k, and MSRP on a GT500 was over $41k (and when they first came out, dealerships were marking them up big time), the Shelby GT's are proving to hold their value just as well as their big brother GT500's... and older GT500 values take a hit every time a new, faster, more powerful GT500 comes out... there's no new Shelby GT to detract from the older models...

[ February 04, 2012, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To the OP: If you're looking for a mildly collectable garage queen to bring to car shows, the Shelby GT isn't a bad choice. It's an affordable way to get into the limited production car arena...

If you're looking for a car to mod and drive, i'd get something else. Modding and driving this car is kind of a waste... You'd be better off getting a standard 05-09 GT and modding that.

Don't get me wrong, having a modded Shelby GT would be awesome... but only if that's exactly what you want. Budget wise, modding a standard GT is cheaper and will yield nearly identical results in performance.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car looks sexy as hell but id wait and see what else u could fine imo.
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
To the OP: If you're looking for a mildly collectable garage queen to bring to car shows, the Shelby GT isn't a bad choice. It's an affordable way to get into the limited production car arena...

If you're looking for a car to mod and drive, i'd get something else. Modding and driving this car is kind of a waste... You'd be better off getting a standard 05-09 GT and modding that.

Don't get me wrong, having a modded Shelby GT would be awesome... but only if that's exactly what you want. Budget wise, modding a standard GT is cheaper and will yield nearly identical results in performance.

Its modded to a point where ill be cool with it for that price and yea looking for a nice weekndr meet carshow car for abuse n reckless driving ill keep my fox...lol...

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gt500, cobra, new 5.0 or a z06 imo i would not buy a shelby gt don't care where they're made and don't care whose name is on it do it right the first time

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com