Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *read this* stop giving away your cars! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: *read this* stop giving away your cars!
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got full coverage for a reason, not gonna run around scared everywhere I go that's [BS flag] why put all that money in your car if your too scared to drive it, show it off. What has this place gone to when you gotta remove your signature of what you have [BS flag]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
So are you guys gonna jump on someone taking pics at a car show or car meet now? A thief just has to go to one and take pics of peoples cars

deleted the quote since you deleted yours.....
we have a nice shotgun at our house (870P) with all the "trimmings" but i think shooting someone for stealing is a lil extreme. Maybe id shoot up the tires on their car or something, or maybe not, i dont know. My brother is a cop, and constantly patrols my neighborhood so im not too preoccupied with theft, that and i park my car in the locked garage.
Fuck all theives. All of y'all mother fuckers,
fuck you, die slow motherfucker.
My four four make sure all your kids don't grow.

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree all mine are fully insured, but i have one or two that have sentimental value that are impossible to replace.

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
So are you guys gonna jump on someone taking pics at a car show or car meet now? A thief just has to go to one and take pics of peoples cars

deleted the quote since you deleted yours.....
we have a nice shotgun at our house (870P) with all the "trimmings" but i think shooting someone for stealing is a lil extreme. Maybe id shoot up the tires on their car or something, or maybe not, i dont know. My brother is a cop, and constantly patrols my neighborhood so im not too preoccupied with theft, that and i park my car in the locked garage.
Fuck all theives. All of y'all mother fuckers,
fuck you, die slow motherfucker.
My four four make sure all your kids don't grow.

we also got 9mm glock and hollow tips. Not that it really matters.
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
I got full coverage for a reason, not gonna run around scared everywhere I go that's [BS flag] why put all that money in your car if your too scared to drive it, show it off. What has this place gone to when you gotta remove your signature of what you have [BS flag]

LOL so true. People spend shit tons of money on their cars but refuse to get full coverag/peace of mind. How much is full coverage on a 5.0? 65bucks??
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IIRC, even if you get full coverage, you'll only get the market value of your foxbody...right?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
IIRC, even if you get full coverage, you'll only get the market value of your foxbody...right?

Not if you have it appraised for more
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
Even if they did all they need is to setup a email address to access the "password" protected information. Its just common sense like all these guys braggin about im get lojack...come on use your head lojack is not meant to be known if the theives know you have it they can just look for it and throw it out lol....lojack website says they have a service that will call you anytime your car alarm goes off I suggest you get that!!!and stop telling everyone about what you have even alarm systems geezzz!!!!

then why did GM make OnStar an obvious security feature with window decals and the obvious rear view mirror button indicating you have it?

whatever you can do to deter thieves, do it! instead of handing it to them on a silver platter, make them think about it...at the very least. and the time it takes them to look for the "brain" of any security system, is time that slows these fucks down...

I never said don't get it by all means get it read my post again. LoJack is not the "brain" of a security system its a secondary system it doesn't lock the car or do a kill start lol research on it before you quote me and tell people the opposite of what LoJack will tell you! Lol if you don't believe me call them your self LoJack is not onstar and again it can be taken out by a which would make it useless so don tell people you have lol

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont believe i mentioned anything about unlocking or starting a car, simply to get anything and everything you can to secure your vehicle to slow thieves down...your other post pretty much was downplaying lojack, which i disagreed.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:

I will drive my high school dream machine absolutely everywhere and not blink an eye. I take precautions and it if goes it goes.

Can't be one of these guys that treats a $3000 fox like a museum piece.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ Lmao , seriously ! Some folks think their beat ass fox is a diamond. That's why the prices have gone up for them so dramaticly over the past couple years.
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slocobra:
all this mustang theft is crazy, but one thing i.see alot of you guys doing is posting pics of your cars with the license plate clear as day. cover that shit. its not hard to get an address of.where a car is registered. used to be back in the day no one would ever show their plate numbers, go read a few recent.picture threads... 90% are not covered up. your just making.it.that much easier for these fuckers shopping.these forums...

just my .02

In other words.....STOP BEING A CA FORDS NOOB!!!

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
all this mustang theft is crazy, but one thing i.see alot of you guys doing is posting pics of your cars with the license plate clear as day. cover that shit. its not hard to get an address of.where a car is registered. used to be back in the day no one would ever show their plate numbers, go read a few recent.picture threads... 90% are not covered up. your just making.it.that much easier for these fuckers shopping.these forums...

just my .02

NOT TRUE! ITs people on this forum...

I did post up pictures of my cars showing my plates before they were stolen.

>>>>>> BUT my car was registered at my parents house and my ladys car was registered at her parents house, NO where near my apartment...... [Confused]

And WEEKS before this happened i was at the Livermore meet with all the CaFord guys [Confused]

DO THE MATH BUDDY [Roll Eyes]

1994steeda

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what happens now? We all delete our accounts and hide our cars? Stop trying to network with fellow enthusiasts? Its fucked up that a few assholes have to ruin it for everybody, but its part of life. I realize I'm a new member here, and I have a stock ass car, but I have enjoyed the couple meets I've attended quite a bit. It may be time for CAfords 2.0, make it a pay site where say 5 people have to vouch for you bbefore you're invited in. That's just an idea off top of my head, but I'm just as frustrated as the rest of you. I drive a fully insured S197, but have had cars stolen before, and its a terrible thing to go through, lets do something about keeping our online community and hobby alive

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree never post your license plate, even if you have a cool custom one, don't tell anyone about your security features if you have them or not and trust no one with where you live that means if your selling something meet them somewhere away from your house.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Come on.....at least shoot the fkr in the knee. A permanent injury.....that will be the lucky "door prize" for stopping by. [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I dont believe i mentioned anything about unlocking or starting a car, simply to get anything and everything you can to secure your vehicle to slow thieves down...your other post pretty much was downplaying lojack, which i disagreed.

Are u serious I wasn't "downplaying" LoJack go back and reread my post lol. I guess you would have to "know" about LoJack more than what someone told you(now I am assuming and putting "words" into your post). LoJack idea is in theft recovery and alSo aids in apprehension of the theif if they are still driving the car or have it stashed. Here's some education on it. When a car is stolen with LoJack it emits a signal that an equipped patrol car can pick up and find the location it's kinda like gps but not in the sense that a computer can use satellite a patrol car has to be in the vacinity. When the car is stolen LoJack will contact the authorities for you and report your car stolen immediately. They has other derives but that is the gist of this lecture lol. You don't see people with LoJack stickers on their car because they highly discourage against it. Again LoJack is a theft deterrent but more of a theft recover device so you get your car back. I'm not "downplaying" it just the facts don't get it twisted. I'm all for it

--------------------
2004 tahoe

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
quote:

Are u serious I wasn't "downplaying" LoJack go back and reread my post lol. I guess you would have to "know" about LoJack more than what someone told you(now I am assuming and putting "words" into your post). LoJack idea is in theft recovery and alSo aids in apprehension of the theif if they are still driving the car or have it stashed. Here's some education on it. When a car is stolen with LoJack it emits a signal that an equipped patrol car can pick up and find the location it's kinda like gps but not in the sense that a computer can use satellite a patrol car has to be in the vacinity. When the car is stolen LoJack will contact the authorities for you and report your car stolen immediately. They has other derives but that is the gist of this lecture lol. You don't see people with LoJack stickers on their car because they highly discourage against it. Again LoJack is a theft deterrent but more of a theft recover device so you get your car back. I'm not "downplaying" it just the facts don't get it twisted. I'm all for it
your right bro, Lojack does not use decals to alert thieves and the silent transceiver is hidden throughout the vehicle...touchee

and yes, popos get "hits" when near a lojack equipped vehicle which was reported stolen...and the strength of the signal indicates how close the turd is...

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1994steeda:
quote:

just my .02

>>>>>> BUT my car was registered at my parents house and my ladys car was registered at her parents house, NO where near my apartment...... [Confused]

And WEEKS before this happened i was at the Livermore meet with all the CaFord guys [Confused]

1994steeda

what? did you have some point you were trying to prove? do what math?

--------------------

REDLIGHTING
¯
Member # 11296

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for REDLIGHTING  Ford pictures for REDLIGHTING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STOP FU**ING PARK THEM FOXES OUT SIDE OR ANYWHERE A PUNK CAN WALK UP TO IT.

ALARM,LOWJACK,DOGS,GUNS,
BASICALLY

-OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND-

--------------------
1992 coupe YSI, DART,
225 TFS HIGH PORTS
04 mystichrome convertible

2006 GMC sierra slt crew

1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

just my .02

1994steeda

Read the whole thing dude! You are saying that people get address & locations of cars to steal from a plate #.
And like I stated if someone got my plates and got the address to which the car was registered, they would have never found it.....
My car was registered to my parents house in south san jose n I lived in Santa clara when it was stolen?! I had been living at that location no more than a few weeks.

My car was at a CaFords meet weeks before it was stolen. My point is simple. And if you can't connect the dots, I'm sorry. [Roll Eyes]

I'm not saying that everyone at these shows or meets are thieves, but they are at these meets and on this forum

[ February 01, 2012, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: 1994steeda ]

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Too many variables to point at cafords + plus u just moved to a new area? How about someone in that new area ya think Yeah there are turds everywhere don't go to a meet and pop ur goo to people u don't know I hate piping my hood idk why everyone do it at sac raceway too so everyone can walk and look at everything you got and get ur plate #lol u just got to be smart

--------------------
2004 tahoe

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that's what's wrong with this society, when people think it's extreme to kill over theft or to disfigure when other countries they cut off a hand when you steal or kain you for grafiti . if I ever have the opportunity to catch a thief, best believe I putting some holes in them! I might not kill you, but I will makes certain you'll never walk again that's no threat that's a promise ! this country has turned into a bunch of pussies where you take the next mans things to come up ,instead of comming up with your own hustle. And we as a society promote this.

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

just my .02

1994steeda

Read the whole thing dude! You are saying that people get address & locations of cars to steal from a plate #.
And like I stated if someone got my plates and got the address to which the car was registered, they would have never found it.....
My car was registered to my parents house in south san jose n I lived in Santa clara when it was stolen?! I had been living at that location no more than a few weeks.

My car was at a CaFords meet weeks before it was stolen. My point is simple. And if you can't connect the dots, I'm sorry. [Roll Eyes]

I'm not saying that everyone at these shows or meets are thieves, but they are at these meets and on this forum

so i guess since thats not how it happened to you that it cant happen ever. do what you want , it was thrown out there as a suggestion for a preventative measure to help keep cars from being stolen. apparently you have it all figured out

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com