Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » craftsman vs pittsburg pro vs tge new snap on take offs from auto zone (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: craftsman vs pittsburg pro vs tge new snap on take offs from auto zone
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:
I beat on my tools since I wrench for a living. When I 1st got in the biz, my Craftsmen lasted 2 weeks at best. Now my box is filled with Snap-On, Matco and Mac. You get what you pay for IMO and those 3 companies' tools last alot longer than Craftsmen.

+1 if your planning on keeping tools that will last you a lifetime or use tools for a career, id stick with snap-on, mac, and some matco. yea there expensive now, but you will have them for a damn long time. definently get your moneys worth.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guess I'm the only one rolling with pittsbug huh, it's alright they haven't broken on me yet.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18533 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:
I beat on my tools since I wrench for a living. When I 1st got in the biz, my Craftsmen lasted 2 weeks at best. Now my box is filled with Snap-On, Matco and Mac. You get what you pay for IMO and those 3 companies' tools last alot longer than Craftsmen.

+1 if your planning on keeping tools that will last you a lifetime or use tools for a career, id stick with snap-on, mac, and some matco. yea there expensive now, but you will have them for a damn long time. definently get your moneys worth.
had most of my craftsmen for over 15 years now.
[patriot] everyone seems to think if you use tools for a living you need snap-on, mac or matco, just isn't true. like i said in the other post. i have snap-on & mac also. just not worth the money to pay 10x the cost for the same wrench when they can be taken back and exchanged for no cost. but when it comes to specialized tools, i always buy snap-on or mac.. craftsmen just don't have everything you need for some cars..

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
mostly craftsmen.. if your going to break a craftsmen, you were going to break a mac or snap on.. [patriot] i have all 3. but why paid 10x the craftsmen price for the same wrench? only craftsmen ratchets i have ever broken was the 1/4 & the 3/8 ones.

having wrenched with all three brand 40+hours a week for a few years (snap on matco and crapsmen) there is no comparison to snapon or matco, even the snap on blue point line is great, broken several crapsmen ratchets plus they have about half the engagement points of snap on, which in tight spaces make a huuuge difference. my .02.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well just got a brand new craftsman pro in the mail 2 days ago went to tighten my sons handle bar on his scooter and the Damn thing broke wtf....skipped teeth like I've had it for 30 years that's why I started this thread lol...I don't use them for a living...Shit back on the search

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

Aka: what96

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Proto tools. Without question they are the BEST money can by.

Over the past 13 years as an avaiation technician, Ive used all the tools listed above, and Proto stands alone. [patriot]

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by louisiana96:
Ok well just got a brand new craftsman pro in the mail 2 days ago went to tighten my sons handle bar on his scooter and the Damn thing broke wtf....skipped teeth like I've had it for 30 years that's why I started this thread lol...I don't use them for a living...Shit back on the search

Go take it to sears. They've taken my broken sockets before. The register area has a box of broken tools. They should exchange no problem. You got some bad luck. I've never had a rachet break on me.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com