Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » S197 opinions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: S197 opinions
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad is going through somewhat of a mid-life crisis and wants to get into a newer mustang so I'm trying to help him decide on what to get. He went to kassabian yesterday and saw a few overpriced s197's and has his eyes set on something with nice styling but nothing too "speed oriented." He has also tossed around the idea of a new Challenger R/T but I've been telling him to stick with the blue oval [Cool]

What he liked at Kassabian's was something called a Tjaara Design 350T Mustang. I googled it and it seems like a designer named Tom Tjaara designed a body kit and slapped it on an s197 GT, along with minor bolt-ons, wheels, and badges. He liked it because the salesman said there were only 3 produced and it only had like 250 miles, but to me it looks like something that came out of the Mr. Bodykit catalog [Roll Eyes] Here's the link to the car: http://www.ponyforums.com/california/152170-2008-ford-mustang-tjaarda-hst-only-271-miles-dublin-pleasanton-livermore-3-a.html

Here's a link to what the Tjarra 350T Mustang is. The one he likes is black hardtop: http://www.hstintl.com/index.php?menu=1&submenu=1121

To make things short, I've been trying to get him to buy a Boss 302 but he only wants to spend around $30k or so.

What are your opinions as far as models go? He wants it to have non-factory GT styling (ie: Bodykit and wheels) and to be available in an automatic (yea, gay, i know!). He's 60 yrs old and basically wants a nice cruiser.

My opinions were Saleen, Roush, or even a GT500, but not sure what the going rates are on these cars and if they're even available in automatics.

What are your guys' opinions? [patriot]

[ January 17, 2012, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2794007942.html

I would save my extra thousand bucks throw a saleen sc on this and call it a night bro cheaper imo looks better and well its a sheby bro am really thinking of jumping into one of these when tax season comes around o yea auto too that black tjordan or what ever is over priced for what it really is..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please don't let him get that overpriced gt, why not the new 5.0?

[ January 16, 2012, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Smoked50 ]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking about the Shelby GT's also but from what I can tell, he wants something with a little more "styling." I'll give him the option though and see what he says.

And yes, I'd love for him to get into the newer 5.0's but I dont think he wants a GT. Maybe I can sell him on getting an 5.0 saleen, but I doubt that's in his price range. I'd LOVE for him to get into a Boss 302 though [worship]

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
40K??????!!!!! No f'ing way.Tell him to keep shopping.
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
40K??????!!!!! No f'ing way.Tell him to keep shopping.

I think its listed as $40k but they told him $30k when he went there. But still, at that price I'd get an S/C Saleen or even a GT500!

What do the new Boss 302's go for anyway?

[ January 16, 2012, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not a Challenger?

a new boss goes for 42k i think.

thing is he might say he wants something just "kinda fast" now but speed is addicting so maybe you can do him a favor and just steer him to a new 5.0, they have lots of room to grow. also the 2013's (comin out this spring/summer) look WAY better than the 2010-2012 GT's. heres some pics i took at the auto show. notice the redesigned rear lights, now uses GT500 front fascia and HID light STANDARD on the GT's also louvered hood.

-
 -  -  -

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do i shrink these damned pics?
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go back to where ever you had these stored and resize them.

thats kinda kool and bad at the same time about the new face of the 2013gt's. kool cuz it looks good and its an upgrade and bad cuz if i owned a gt500, id feel a little ripped that took it from itlol.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

That 2013 Gt is definitely nice! I may see if he's interested in that!

As for the challenger...I vote against it merely because I personally dont really like them. To me, they're just too big! Yes, they've got some bad ass motors and have the hp to back them up, but they seem like freakin boats and I'm just not a fan. Maybe if I drove one my mind would change but my vote goes to the S197 mustang.

[ January 17, 2012, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saleen for the win! When it comes to ALL year mustangs, Saleen has always been on top as far as looks! If he don't care about going fast but looking good! Saleen all the way!

Sf bay craigslist

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*:
Saleen for the win! When it comes to ALL year mustangs, Saleen has always been on top as far as looks! If he don't care about going fast but looking good! Saleen all the way!

Sf bay craigslist

I agree with you Casey...I think the Saleen is the best option for him since he wants "style" over "performance." I think the Saleen will fit his bill quite well and this is what I told him when he mentioned that Tjaara 350T POS [Big Grin]

Do S197 Saleen's still come in 3 different stages?

--------------------

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anything happens to the Tjarrda you'll probably be kind of screwed in getting replacement parts if they only made 3 and then stopped; which might not be a bad thing seeing how ugly it is.

Yes, you can find the Saleen cars, Roush cars, and Shelby GT's in automatic, but not the GT500's.

[ January 17, 2012, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com