Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What can be done to keep a thief away (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What can be done to keep a thief away
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
I still laugh when people always talk about how they have guns waiting for thieves,are you really going to give up your freedom over a car? Who will take care of your family while youserve your time? If you look back people that had their cars stolen didn't catch or see no one. They woke up and their cars are gone. Dogs can be poisoned,wheel locks,kill switches are all defeated by tow trucks.

Thieves are opportunistic,The see a easy mark or a careless owner and the jump on it. Best anti theft device is a garage or a lockable heavy gate. Thieves can't steal what they can't see or get too easily.

Doubt you'd get any time, they came onto your property trying to steal your car and who knows what else.
The only time you can shoot someone in cali is if they enter your home.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
ok, check it.. My dogs will alert me that some one is outside.. And it would "sound" like someone is breaking into my home.. So I grab my gun to check it out.. And I will beat the shit outta him.. He will not come back.. Not to mention he had "dark metal looking object that resembled a gun" it was dark.. So thats ur imminent danger...

Let me know how that works out for you...

Here in Texas there is this thing called a Castle Doctrine, and I quote.

quote:
A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine that designates a person's abode (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as a car or place of work) as a place in which the person has certain protections and immunities and may defend themselves from attack without becoming liable to prosecution.[1] Typically deadly force is considered justified, and a defense of justifiable homicide applicable, in cases "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to himself or another".[1] The doctrine is not a defined law that can be
invoked, but a set of principles which is incorporated in some
form in the law of most states.

So basically if you want to shoot somebody for breaking into your vehicle you might want to move out of California.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@Greasy.. I understand that law.. But I also said I wouldnt kill anybody for trying to steal my car.. And not.bcuz its illegal, but bcuz I can always buy another car.. But I did say that there are certain criteria to make it justified.. But, one thing I will do, and.ill stand by this forever is...i will beat the holy hell out of the fucker.. I dont think there any laws against that lol.. Correct me if im wrong.. But to the OP, you cant completly protect your car, bcuz if.they.want it they will get it.. All you can do is make it more difficult, or where it would take longer to snatch.. Block it in with another vehicle, park in front of a.motion sensor light.. Removable steering wheel.. And get a dog that will alert you that someone is outside..

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of California laws are [BS flag] and you probably would get in trouble for beating the holy hell out of them. I think every law abiding citizen should have the right to protect themselves/loved ones and their property at any means necessary.

What everyone needs to do that are affraid of their car getting stolen is research California laws and find the boundries of what can be done to protect it. There are several stories of people using lethal force to protect their property that are now in jail.

In instances like this you have to think before you react or take a chance of being locked up and or sued.

[ January 12, 2012, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a alarm is the only thing i would get if if your car is on the street. one with that shake or sensitivety control. like if a cat jumped on it its going off. any club, steering lock, removeable wheel,pedal brake lock, etc, can all be removed in seconds. the alarm is the finalle
answer if its your common thieve on the streets. the light flashing to set off the alarm will scare them all off.they might bump the car to make sure it works so make sure it its not a dud. yes a tow truck can cum,and shit on your day, but a camera or that alarm with gps can help. and as for a inclosed trailer cuming to take your ride, that only happens to show cars full drag cars, or really high end cars. and if u own a car like that why dont do own a house with a garage with a dog? but really a simple but gd brand alarm will do the job.

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
a alarm is the only thing i would get if if your car is on the street. one with that shake or sensitivety control. like if a cat jumped on it its going off. any club, steering lock, removeable wheel,pedal brake lock, etc, can all be removed in seconds. the alarm is the finalle
answer if its your common thieve on the streets. the light flashing to set off the alarm will scare them all off.they might bump the car to make sure it works so make sure it its not a dud. yes a tow truck can cum,and shit on your day, but a camera or that alarm with gps can help. and as for a inclosed trailer cuming to take your ride, that only happens to show cars full drag cars, or really high end cars. and if u own a car like that why dont do own a house with a garage with a dog? but really a simple but gd brand alarm will do the job.

ive thought about putting my alarm super sensitive but that actually makes it worse cuz any car with exhaust just triggers the alarm. my sis had a sensitive one and the alarm would go off at least twice a night to the point where we wouldnt even check it but turn the alarm off...

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Lo-Jack

[ January 12, 2012, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think a viper alarm the 2mile radius one with a pedal lock and remoable steering wheel kill switches and pay for a gps.
Posts: 125 | From: San Fran and eastbay | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
I still laugh when people always talk about how they have guns waiting for thieves,are you really going to give up your freedom over a car? Who will take care of your family while youserve your time? If you look back people that had their cars stolen didn't catch or see no one. They woke up and their cars are gone. Dogs can be poisoned,wheel locks,kill switches are all defeated by tow trucks.

Thieves are opportunistic,The see a easy mark or a careless owner and the jump on it. Best anti theft device is a garage or a lockable heavy gate. Thieves can't steal what they can't see or get too easily.

Doubt you'd get any time, they came onto your property trying to steal your car and who knows what else.
Well since you know the law so well go ahead and try it. I hope I never have to mail you a letter saying told you so...
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
just get a thick cable, or chain...wrap that bad boy around your axle, and around a stationary object (pole, beam, another car, etc) and slap the club on, and alarm...

might slow them down enough to grab that pistol, bat, hammer...whatever. after calling 911 of course, or having someone call while you assess...

Nothing wrong with this

Start it or not, it's gonna take quite a bit more effort on someone's part to physically remove the car from my property. Maybe enough to keep them moving along, unfortunately, to the next house...

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
just get a thick cable, or chain...wrap that bad boy around your axle, and around a stationary object (pole, beam, another car, etc) and slap the club on, and alarm...

might slow them down enough to grab that pistol, bat, hammer...whatever. after calling 911 of course, or having someone call while you assess...

Nothing wrong with this

Start it or not, it's gonna take quite a bit more effort on someone's part to physically remove the car from my property. Maybe enough to keep them moving along, unfortunately, to the next house...

This man knows... I doubt thieves are looking to bust some mission impossible shit to steal a car they prey on easy cars that are parked on public streets or driveways, and that's why a garage or locked gate is a good way of protecting your car.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cant they add PATS to a fox body? like the 99 n up have? if not some one should do it
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf_id=97113&0=dept.asp%2Cdept_id%3D9000%26Tree%3D%2CComplete%20Catalog&1=dept.asp%2Cdept_id%3D50000%26Tree%3D%2CLivestock&2=dept.asp%2Cde pt_id%3D51000%26Tree%3D%2CFencing&3=dept.asp%2Cdept_id%3D51002%26Tree%3D%2CFe&refcode=Froogle&CAWELAID=983679952

http://www.ameribrit.net/product1027391_5258468.aspx

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother had to keep his then new Z06 out under a car port in San Jose (until he bought a house with a garage). What worked for him was a car cover with a couple of cable locks and motion detector (2 separate ones (with pager). Just to break into the car a thief would have to lift the cover and that seemed to deter most thieves.

He did flash his laser site a couple times from his window (he has a glock 40)when guys were obviously casing his car in the wee morning hours (yeah..there were guys at the front of his condo (as lookouts) and guys in the parking lot to break in (so think theft team here) so that might had something to with it too:)

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com