Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Ghetto Sign On The CAFORDS Main Page (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Ghetto Sign On The CAFORDS Main Page
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Misuse of the word "ghetto". Funny considering they are trying to rid the site of people who use slang and bad grammer but the poster of the sign is ignorant in their own right. Just because someone is "ghetto", yes thats a slang term, doesn't mean they fit the criteria for which the admin are trying to rid the site of. Look above, racsirx and JohnCM are proof of that.

There has to be a better way to go about it. I think everyone on the site is aware of who should not be here and over time the site will get back to where it was 4 or 5 years ago.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I know they are trying to clean cafords up but damn. Just because someone is ghetto doesnt mean they are a bad person. I guess someone doesn't know what they are trying to say. I agree some people need to know how to talk on here but labeling ghetto is wrong, maybe saying "No idiots, no dumb fucks who post in slang". We are talking a Mustang community not some high end Porsche/Audi site. I am old school ghetto, I had 22s on my Escalade and on my 745, I use to swing donuts in my Mustang, who hasn't it's a Mustang? I still have two 12s in my GT and when it hits the streets again, you will hear me playing my old school Too Short, Easy E, and some N.W.A., so I shouldn't be on here?

+1

The word is so watered down though, the youngins took it in a completely different direction. When people say "ghetto" this is what I think of (what Lee posted). But I guess once it seeped into the sub-urbs there is now a new meaning.

I think the sign should say "No Ignorance".

[ December 27, 2011, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just took it at as .... "oh hey look theres a sign on the front of cafords"... WHO REALLY CARES ... quit take shit so personally.

[ December 27, 2011, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
Misuse of the word "ghetto". Funny considering they are trying to rid the site of people who use slang and bad grammer but the poster of the sign is ignorant in their own right. Just because someone is "ghetto", yes thats a slang term, doesn't mean they fit the criteria for which the admin are trying to rid the site of. Look above, racsirx and JohnCM are proof of that.

There has to be a better way to go about it. I think everyone on the site is aware of who should not be here and over time the site will get back to where it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Agree
[patriot]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
i just took at as .... "oh hey look theres a sign on the front of cafords"... WHO REALLY CARES ... quit take shit so personally.

+1
This sight is turning into CAsnobs.
All this proper eticate bullsh*t is starting to get annoying.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i just took it at as .... "oh hey look theres a sign on the front of cafords"... WHO REALLY CARES ... quit take shit so personally.

I agree with this too. But keep in mind, how a community such as this thrives is by attracting new members. And new members do not necessarily know the climate here. So off top without knowing the pretense behind the sign, it could turn potential quality people away. Just a thought.
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I started laughing when I saw it it beats that's story they had in front

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your affended , just leave. cafords will continue to do its thing..

It doesnt bother me one bit, but Cafords isnt my life so i can care less

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A bunch of complaining that's all I hear. It must be that time of the month. Here you go and take some Tylenol for your cramps too.

-

[ December 27, 2011, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
If i wasn't a member already and I didn't know any of you...I'd take offense to that. It looks borderline racist, if you ask me...

Whoomp....there it is again. Bring that R word in why don't you any chance you can sneek it in there. Who says only minorities live in ghetto's?
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I know they are trying to clean cafords up but damn. Just because someone is ghetto doesnt mean they are a bad person. I guess someone doesn't know what they are trying to say. I agree some people need to know how to talk on here but labeling ghetto is wrong, maybe saying "No idiots, no dumb fucks who post in slang". We are talking a Mustang community not some high end Porsche/Audi site. I am old school ghetto, I had 22s on my Escalade and on my 745, I use to swing donuts in my Mustang, who hasn't it's a Mustang? I still have two 12s in my GT and when it hits the streets again, you will hear me playing my old school Too Short, Easy E, and some N.W.A., so I shouldn't be on here?

couldn't have said it better +1 i been on this board a long long time and never have i seen something so stupid as to that ghetto sign on this board.The bottom line is everyone is different nobody is the same person.We are all mustang enthusiasts in the end. [patriot]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow. I didn't realize people were so sensitive. Thanks, made me laugh.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I understood everything you typed.....you're not ghetto

you're just old school

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if anything,it should probably say "THIEVES" on there,not "GHETTO".
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goodbye ghettos, we hate you and you stink.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think that everyone is over thinking this. from what i gauge from that sign is that they no longer want people creating pointless and stupid topics. they also dont want people getting into pissing matches threating eachother. nobody cares about your spelling!

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
I think if anything,it should probably say "THIEVES" on there,not "GHETTO".

Makes sense since that is the intention right?

Since slang does not have universal definitions some may think that where someone is from predicts values and actions. The ghetto is a physical place, a neighborhood.
To say were against the ghetto means we are against poor, run down or perhaps dangerous areas.

No one on this site wants to deal with some low life car theif lurking over our property. We can be more clear about what we don't want.

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
If i wasn't a member already and I didn't know any of you...I'd take offense to that. It looks borderline racist, if you ask me...

Whoomp....there it is again. Bring that R word in why don't you any chance you can sneek it in there. Who says only minorities live in ghetto's?
White people. hahahahaha

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay no attention to the sign. In the end anyone who wants to join or post will do it no matter what!! A thieve is not going to be on this site because of a small sign. A "Ghetto" individual will not join/post on this site because of the sign either. It's just a tacky/ugly looking sign that hopefully will not be there for long and things will get back to the norm...or not.

On that note, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!!

--------------------
To be or not to be

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
Pay no attention to the sign. In the end anyone who wants to join or post will do it no matter what!! A thieve is not going to be on this site because of a small sign. A "Ghetto" individual will not join/post on this site because of the sign either. It's just a tacky/ugly looking sign that hopefully will not be there for long and things will get back to the norm...or not.

On that note, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!!

+1, it'll be gone...or not. Don't take it personal, but yeah Happy Holidays Everyone, have a safe New Years!

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the ghetto sign if it dont apply let it fly [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
I think it makes CAFORDS look ghetto [Roll Eyes]

I agree wit this guy
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they should throw this up there too while we're at it.

-

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate everyone
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Say "NO" to "GHETTO"  -

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com