Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who goes to college? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who goes to college?
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
Originally posted by Fast92lxcoupe:
Make 6 figures with only a high school diploma!!! Where the haters at? [Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

I need a job!
I don't employ people. I make 6 figures by working 70 hours a week.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Make 6 figures with only a high school diploma!!! Where the haters at? [Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

I need a job!
I have a few friends who make 6 figures with only HS diplomas...2 work for CHP and the other is a Correctional Officer as well....that unlimited OT is great pay....Congrats to everyone making good money the legit way.

I work for the state as well now but my 6 figures only involves 40 hours a week.....sometimes...

I could say my wife my makes more than anyone here but she is at our shop 7 days a week...but to her it's like a damn women's book club meeting...lol

[ December 22, 2011, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was originally going to do business, but this last year a few things made me change my mind. I am now going to school to become a radiologist, wish I would have picked it from the start lol. I have always had an interest in the medical field & the pay has me more than convinced lol.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need a job!
People would hate on that? Id rather make my 60k @ 40 hours a week vs 100k @the 70 hours a week.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need a job!
People would hate on that? Id rather make my 60k @ 40 hours a week vs 100k @the 70 hours a week.
70 hours a week ain't bad, got to pay the cost to be the boss. Nobody balling ever works a 40 HR week. Minimum work equals minimum results.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
college is over-rated.

who the hell would want to work 40hrs a week and make 6 figures usually with a BS degree within a few years of getting out when you can work 2jobs pulling in 80hrs+ a week and MAYBE get that 6 figures right out of high school. i dunno about u but id rather work my ass off all day than relax at home after a normal work day. relaxation is over-rated.

the 4-5 years sacrifice for college to boost up your credentials, resume and gain that applicant advantage just aint worth it

[Confused]

[Wink]

yes, for those considering college or the naysayers, it is a proven fact that your chances of finding a job and a better one at that is greatly improved with a college education vs someone who has come off the street with only a highschool education. however, thats not to say there arent some success stories of those with only high school educations making it big but thats not the norm.

go to school, your mama will be proud of u.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need a job!
70 hours a week ain't bad, got to pay the cost to be the boss. Nobody balling ever works a 40 HR week. Minimum work equals minimum results.
He spends over 1500 hours at work then someone who works 40 hours a week. You can keep that.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need a job!
He spends over 1500 hours at work then someone who works 40 hours a week. You can keep that.
+1, I mean if it works for folks, that is great. But like I said earlier I am a fan of working smarter not harder. Although I put in a lot of hours too, but that is mainly because I run a business.
General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a senior at CSU Stanislaus as a psychology major. I'll try to get into some kind of counseling environment after I get a Marriage Family Therapist license (MFT).

If you aren't sure about going to college and you're a male ask yourself 2 questions; do you like women and do you think women go to college?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[ December 23, 2011, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: General Butt Naked ]

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by General Butt Naked:

If you aren't sure about going to college and you're a male ask yourself 2 questions; do you like women and do you think women go to college?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My brother is at ASU right now and he told me it's incredible. I'm kicking myself for not going to ASU too.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

There is nothing to hate, the ritchest people I know are also the least educated people! So congrats to you, but remember not many people are not like you, you made it because of hard work!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
May be true for some people but for most a college education/degree will improve ones chances for a good career and will certainly improve ones quality of life . [patriot] To me its well worth the years of time and effort in learning .
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fire Technology.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Licensed general contractor, certified building inspector, A.S. building inspection cosumnes river college, currently enrolled in a LVN program while pursuing my bachelors in nursing, only 22k in debt yee!

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
Licensed general contractor, certified building inspector, A.S. building inspection cosumnes river college, currently enrolled in a LVN program while pursuing my bachelors in nursing, only 22k in debt yee!

Only 22k in debt lol

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need a job!
Time = Money, right?

If you agree, then:

60k for 40 hrs is actually a "better hourly rate" than 100k at 70hrs.

If you are paid bi-weekly:

70 hrs a week: 26 pay-periods in a year at 140hrs/pay period = 3640 hrs

100k/3640 hrs = $27.47/hr

40 hrs a week: 26 pay-periods in a year at 80hrs/pay period = 2080 hrs

60k/2080 hrs = $28.84/hr

Based on your definition of "bi-weekly" the number of pay-periods might be +-1. But in either case, the logic is the same.

Not tryin' to hate but there are plenty of 40hr/week jobs with close to or over 100k.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:

Only 22k in debt lol
Yeah instead of LOL looking it up even if college cost 100k in the end college graduates make more money in the long bud its only a google seach away...that 100k cost to be the boss is right college grads make over 1 million more $ than a high school grad...yeah you got your steve jobs, bill gates and various rap stars but you got a better chance hitting the mega millions than being "that guy"

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mechanical Engineering. Butte College-transfer to CSU Chico.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com