Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ATTN: SACRAMENTO MEMBERS!!! MOBILE SMOG TRAP ON BRUCEVILLE RD!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: SACRAMENTO MEMBERS!!! MOBILE SMOG TRAP ON BRUCEVILLE RD!!!!
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These f#cks are back at it again today. Anybody in the Elk Grove area beware. They have their smog TRAP equipment setup on Bruceville Rd, between Whitelock Pkwy, & Civic Center dr. This is located about a 1/2 mile south of Elk Grove blvd.

[ December 06, 2011, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Grab your tin foil hats an watch out for the black helicopters
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After I saw Brandon's post yesterday, I was starting to get afraid that I was gonna get caught up in these sooner or later because the one he just posted is only a few miles from my house. Being that I am currently jobless, & I only have 1 car that is drivable at this time, which is my Cadi & we all know it won't pass smog, I can't afford to get caught up in 1 of these traps. Well, little did I know when I was leaving my GF's house today that I was gonna drive right into one, with my cammed out, non catted pushrod motor lopin' like a crazy LOL... I dunno how I was able to drive right through it, but I made it through without getting stopped??? It sort of looked like they may have just gotten done setting it up to catch a bunch of people on their lunch hour & I made it through just in the nick of time? I know when the guys heard my car drive past, they knew it wasn't smog legal, hell u can smell the damn thing & know it won't pass smog LOL....

[ December 06, 2011, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time for Sac people to relocate kuz it looks like smog aint playing out there Bay Area FTW

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
After I saw Brandon's post yesterday, I was starting to get afraid that I was gonna get caught up in these sooner or later because the one he just posted is only a few miles from my house. Being that I am currently jobless, & I only have 1 car that is drivable at this time, which is my Cadi & we all know it won't pass smog, I can't afford to get caught up in 1 of these traps. Well, little did I know when I was leaving my GF's house today that I was gonna drive right into one, with my cammed out, non catted pushrod motor lopin' like a crazy LOL... I dunno how I was able to drive right through it, but I made it through without getting stopped??? It sort of looked like they may have just gotten done setting it up to catch a bunch of people on their lunch hour & I made it through just in the nick of time? I know when the guys heard my car drive past, they knew it wasn't smog legal, hell u can smell the damn thing & know it won't pass smog LOL....

[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Time for Sac people to relocate kuz it looks like smog aint playing out there Bay Area FTW

It's already been out in the bay last year, & I am willing to bet it will be back out there again. This state doesn't have the resources to fund many of these "projects" at the same time. It's a damn waste of taxpayer money as it is IMO...

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Mod's sticky this please!!!!

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think this is a complete waste of money for the state. They have to pay to run these things N pay the workers for what maybe 2-3 cars they catch? Yeah just money being thrown away like if they REALLY cared about polution. [BS flag]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Loudness
¯
Member # 8393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loudness  Ford pictures for Loudness    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what happens to the ones who don't pass?

--------------------
Loading….

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

They claim that there are no repercussions & that it's not meant to catch modified vehicles. Also say it is only used for survey purposes to see if Cali's 2 yr smog program is effective.... I doubt it all because why would they have a CHP unit onsite? I have also heard it is self funded & that the state doesn't pay for this, but I doubt that too...

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
They claim that there are no repercussions & that it's not meant to catch modified vehicles. Also say it is only used for survey purposes to see if Cali's 2 yr smog program is effective.... I doubt it all because why would they have a CHP unit onsite? I have also heard it is self funded & that the state doesn't pay for this, but I doubt that too...

Dustin, that's definitely been the topic of discussion recently. Lot's of speculation and I've heard no shortage of conflicing stories:

a.) Cars are sampled. In other words they are taking every "n"th car instead of singling out particular cars. The key word here is "sampled." If they are targeting specific cars, then the statistical results are skewed obviously.

b.) It's voluntary and you can decline it.

c.) It's not voluntary and you can't decline it (which is why CHP is there).

d.) They can't penalize you for the results.

e.) They can penalize you for the results and also send you to the state ref.

I've always heard that these roadside smog checks are used to gather data to gauge the effectiveness of the state smog testing. But it seems to me like the state can hit two birds with one stone by not only gathering data but also nailing someone who is breaking the law.

[ December 06, 2011, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Loudness
¯
Member # 8393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loudness  Ford pictures for Loudness    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't see why they wouldn't penalize the cars that don't pass, I mean why else would they do all this... At the end of the day, the law says if you don't pass smog your a no no on the road... I think its a bunch a bull shit and hope I never have to go through one of these.

--------------------
Loading….

JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found this but don't have time right not to read through it.

http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/im/roadside.pdf

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Loudness:
I don't see why they wouldn't penalize the cars that don't pass, I mean why else would they do all this...

It just depends who is funding it, what legal authority they have, and what the purpose of this all is.

--------------------
Stangless

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
Found this but don't have time right not to read through it.

Some good info there. Key points
1) you CAN decline, but they will record your plate number for "later analysis"
2) you can agree without "consequences" but pretty much they're gonna pop your hood an inspect the hell out of your car.
3) it is "random" but we all know if a chp is there and a car comes through with a lobe crazy cam and loud exhaust it's gonna get flagged in.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eco-comi do gooders are some of the most hypocritical frauds ive ever come across.
To call them self righteous would be a compliment.
If any of you actually give a serious crap about the future of your hobbie or your freedoms in general, you need to learn to think for yourself, do your homework, and VOTE accordingly.
The writing is on the wall.

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read this right here,particularly page 6.It says in so many words that you have to agree to take the test in order for them to do it,and there are no penalties for not passing.The cop is just there because a smog tech cant ask your vehicle to leave the roadway.This should be a sticky,i think ill start a new thread so the mods can sticky it.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont see what the big deal is. decline to take the test. if they dont let you leave ask if your under arrest, cop says no, then you are not legally detained and free to leave.

If you think about it these tests have to be setup as a voluntary thing. otherwise they have no right to stop you and waste your time. I look at it as if a cop were to pull you over for no reason. It would be an illegal stop therefore anything found during the stop would be unusable in court.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
eco-comi do gooders are some of the most hypocritical frauds ive ever come across.
To call them self righteous would be a compliment.
If any of you actually give a serious crap about the future of your hobbie or your freedoms in general, you need to learn to think for yourself, do your homework, and VOTE accordingly.
The writing is on the wall.

Agreed! You know, there are two things that really get under my skin Rhett...

#1 - You must perform smog every two years, fine. However, if 1 year after you perform smog you decide to sell the car (so you perform smog again since it's only valid 90days), the new 2yr smog clock does not start from the last smog for the new owner. Normal 2yr smog cycles and car selling smog cycles are mutually exclusive. FRAUD

#2 - Multiple taxation ->; If you buy a brand new Honda for $25K dollar, you give the uncle same ~9%. If I buy that car from you a week later, I give uncle sam another 9%, imagine that. FRAUD

And for these types of reasons ladies and gentlemen, many people don't feel bad about stealing from the government, lol.

[ December 06, 2011, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

THIS SHIT IS LITERALY 1 MILE FROM my HOUSE!!! so glad i did not take the cobra out after work!!!!

[Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

[ December 06, 2011, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: 1RaW03SvT ]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com