Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Out of work & looking for HELP on the job search... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Out of work & looking for HELP on the job search...
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't mind me asking were you fired for misconduct (also known as terminated for cause). If so make sure they have proof (i.e. something you signed for like a work manual or something). If they don't then you might have grounds to get unemployment.

As far as employment now..best bet would probably be the temp agencies. I feel it is better then retail because you will probably make more plus it might give you a foot in a door if they see you are a hard worker and keep you on permanently at an established company...

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the help, suggestions, & info guys. I actually attended a Verizon job fair at the call center today. Came dressed to impress, had a short interview, & landed a real interview on monday @3pm. I'm gonna stay optimistic & take this as a positive sign, because another guy I know came to the fair dressed in jeans & casual wear & afterwards they said they would "call him" to setup an interview....

I'm gonna spend my weekend brushing up on all my verizon info & preparing for this interview because I REALLY need this job. It doesn't pay as much as my last gig, but Verizon is a very good company to get on with because there is always room for growth within the company, unlike my last job.

As far as unemployment, they denied me for misconduct, but there is no proof or write ups showing any gross misconduct, so I will still try to appeal it regardless. Either way, I DESERVE unemployment IMO...

[ November 17, 2011, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
usajobs.gov if you can understand that site..

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Oh and check out DBI (they do distribution for Coors....). I am not sure if they have a plant out there where you at. But they have one in Stockton and I know they were hiring drivers as of last week.

There is a DBI plant here in sac! It's in west sac.. I work for the competitior! NorCal Bev and we do budweiser. I will ask tomorrow if we are hiring! We only hire through word of mouth, gotta be friends or family with someone in our company to get in but last I heard some guys may get laid off cause we are slow during the winter.

Yo Dustin, sorry to hear about your struggle. I recently went through the same thing and finally scored a job and had to start as a temp just to get in!! Worke my A$$ off to secure my job during the layoffs!!! If I can get u in then I'll try. Also have a friend that tests fire alarms. I'll see if they still need people for you too!! Pay is good, I refuse to work for minimum wage and I'm sure u are the same!!!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Thanks for all the help, suggestions, & info guys. I actually attended a Verizon job fair at the call center today. Came dressed to impress, had a short interview, & landed a real interview on monday @3pm. I'm gonna stay optimistic & take this as a positive sign, because another guy I know came to the fair dressed in jeans & casual wear & afterwards they said they would "call him" to setup an interview....

I'm gonna spend my weekend brushing up on all my verizon info & preparing for this interview because I REALLY need this job. It doesn't pay as much as my last gig, but Verizon is a very good company to get on with because there is always room for growth within the company, unlike my last job.

As far as unemployment, they denied me for misconduct, but there is no proof or write ups showing any gross misconduct, so I will still try to appeal it regardless. Either way, I DESERVE unemployment IMO...

Epik, PM me with the person who you interview with (if you feel comfortable doing so). Maybe I can put in a good word for you. I do A LOT of application development for them, and made some pretty good friends over there.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Oh and check out DBI (they do distribution for Coors....). I am not sure if they have a plant out there where you at. But they have one in Stockton and I know they were hiring drivers as of last week.

There is a DBI plant here in sac! It's in west sac.. I work for the competitior! NorCal Bev and we do budweiser. I will ask tomorrow if we are hiring! We only hire through word of mouth, gotta be friends or family with someone in our company to get in but last I heard some guys may get laid off cause we are slow during the winter....
I figured there was one out there my folks seems to drive out there a lot. Even if he cannot drive, where there are truck deliveries usually means warehouse work too. BTW is this Casey?
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
non-union break

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haven't read this but goodluck Dustin. I like the fact you aren't too proud to extend an arm looking for a hand [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry about what your going through! What really sucks is that you can't get unemployment??? how can they do that?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@ CASEY... Thanks bro, I appreciate that. congrats on the job @ DBI. If anything becomes available please do let me know. You are correct, I work my ass off too, but I will not work for minimum wage...

@ N8... I will get their name on monday & hit u up as soon as I'm done with the interview. Thanks!!!

@ Don, thanks man. I never have took much pride to ask for a helping hand when I need one, & I also would be the one to offer someone a hand if they needed it in return...

@ Navid. Supposedly I did something that is against code, so I was denied for that reason. I do have the option to appeal it though as well, which I may do if I don't land a job soon...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
@ CASEY... Thanks bro, I appreciate that. congrats on the job @ DBI. If anything becomes available please do let me know. You are correct, I work my ass off too, but I will not work for minimum wage...

@ N8... I will get their name on monday & hit u up as soon as I'm done with the interview. Thanks!!!

@ Don, thanks man. I never have took much pride to ask for a helping hand when I need one, & I also would be the one to offer someone a hand if they needed it in return...

@ Navid. Supposedly I did something that is against code, so I was denied for that reason. I do have the option to appeal it though as well, which I may do if I don't land a job soon...

Dustin, you should appeal regardless because if you win, you'll get the backpay

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Comcast is hiring for retail sales in South Sac... If you hit goals, you'll take at least $55k a year.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Monday has passed.......how did the interview go?

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks guys... It's been pretty tough, I haven't been jobless since 2004, & of course I was making a pretty decent living at my last job so I acquired a few bills from living comfortably. At this point in time, NEITHER of the cars are for sale, & most likely the stang would go before the Caddy if I did get to that point, but for now, don't bother asking about the cars...

@ Corey, please do look into a job at Safelite, that would be perfect. Of course the pay won't be as good, but I'm sure it's better than minimum wage?

I may look into retail soon, although it will hurt my pride a bit to go from $30 hr back down to minimum wage, but you gotta do what u gotta do I guess?

I have looked into Comcast & didn't see any positions available on their site as of late.

A class A license would be nice, but unfortunately time is not my friend, I need a job as of yesterday....

Thanks for the help & suggestions fellas...

dustin try astound cable in rocklin i been with them for over years but out here in the bay. where always looking for sales rep, or even tech.
good luck bro.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

unless stocktons different,you need a class A..i work for dbi in san jose..i started as a helper,they trained me for my class A and got it thru them as well...but epic you could also look in warehouse,salesman,merchindiser,draft so many positions in dbi.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com