Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Out of work & looking for HELP on the job search... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Out of work & looking for HELP on the job search...
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up Cafords. It's been a while since I've been around here. I took a break from this site for a few reasons, none of which are important at this time. But now I'm back & I'm asking for some help from my friends here....

Well, long story short, I lost my job on October 21st, & I am having a VERY tough time finding work. I had a pretty good paying job & unfortunately was terminated for supposedly breaking the rules, so I was also denied unemployment. Now I am stuck without many options, bills catching up on me, & zero income. Usually I wouldn't post my personal info on the net, but I am really looking for help on my job search, because we all know how bad the job market in California is at this time.

If I don't find something soon, next up will be selling the things I worked so hard to accumulate all these years which would be my pride & joy, my Cadillac & my Stang, which I REALLY couldn't bear to do, but you gotta do what you gotta do right?

Anyhow, anybody have any info on some available jobs here in the Sacramento area. Most of my job experience involves customer service, driving (class C), warehouse, & most recently servicing fire extinguishers.BUT, I am open to anything at this time & I am willing to learn new things. I am a hard worker, fast learner, & reliable. Any info or leads would be MUCH appreciated....

Thanks Cafords.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear dustin..I'm working but they've been cutting our hours alot too so times get a lil tough, it sucks specially wen u wana keep doing things to ur car and u Jus can't because of other more important shit ..sucks hopefully something comes up Jus be a lil patient something will come up sooner or later and noo don't sell nun of them beasts bro!
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin when im back in town monday i will call both bosses at my work and ask if they have an opening for one more person!! Just a quick easy lil rock chip repair position its super easy and you get a hourly rate plus a bonus every month i believe!! i got my bro and a couple buddys a job at safelite and there happy! Its most likely not as great of pay as your last job but ill see what i can do!!

Ill get in contact with you when im back from vegas!!

[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Always check Comcast website out here they start you out at 17 and in 2 years you. Could be at 24

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since it's holiday season go hit up the retail stores. They are going to be hiring seasonal work. Yes it's part time most likely and minimum wage but at least you will be making something to keep food on the table. Also register with some temp agencies. Don't be picky just get something so you can have some money coming in while you look for your new "real" job.

Well, that's my advice for the day! Good luck!!! [patriot]

Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Since it's holiday season go hit up the retail stores. They are going to be hiring seasonal work. Yes it's part time most likely and minimum wage but at least you will be making something to keep food on the table. Also register with some temp agencies. Don't be picky just get something so you can have some money coming in while you look for your new "real" job.

Well, that's my advice for the day! Good luck!!! [patriot]

Ya, go to Macy's.com. When I was in college, I worked there. Like 7 years ago, they started at like $8.15. I'm sure it's probably higher now. Plus, if you do good, they have a high permanent retention rate. But, you need to apply.. like yesterday.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear, man! If you were any closer to So SF I'd submit your resume.

If you don't mind the commute PM me, we can exchange contacts.

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM Sent.
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sucks that a lot of these jobs are creating ridiculous rules to try and fire people easily and rehire new people for less pay. I don't know what your chances are filing a wrongful termination lawsuit might be something to consider. If it wasn't for my union job a lot of guys where I work would be fired for breaking the "rules " I always tell people if there license is good to get a commercial license ( class A or B get an A if you go to truck driving school) there's usually work driving. Try and get on where streak Matt brother works. It's a really good paying field of work. Good luck in the search dude. Oh yeah check fed ex and UPS for some partime work. [patriot]

[ November 17, 2011, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: 2Foxes2Five0Coupes ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much do you want for the caddy
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys... It's been pretty tough, I haven't been jobless since 2004, & of course I was making a pretty decent living at my last job so I acquired a few bills from living comfortably. At this point in time, NEITHER of the cars are for sale, & most likely the stang would go before the Caddy if I did get to that point, but for now, don't bother asking about the cars...

@ Corey, please do look into a job at Safelite, that would be perfect. Of course the pay won't be as good, but I'm sure it's better than minimum wage?

I may look into retail soon, although it will hurt my pride a bit to go from $30 hr back down to minimum wage, but you gotta do what u gotta do I guess?

I have looked into Comcast & didn't see any positions available on their site as of late.

A class A license would be nice, but unfortunately time is not my friend, I need a job as of yesterday....

Thanks for the help & suggestions fellas...

[ November 17, 2011, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin,

I'm sorry to hear about the recent job misfortune. I hope you get back on your feet soon and although you probably don't want to commute out here, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you regarding any potential opportunities.

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you cant fight for your job back? sorry to hear about the job loss...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try looking into calopps.org . This is where I found my job working for the city

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SEIU 521

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear the bad news Dustin. I know a company that's hiring but its here in the southbay. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get back on your feet agaiin real soon.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear UPS in sac is hiring all positions

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
90.5.0GT
¯
Member # 8843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90.5.0GT  Ford pictures for 90.5.0GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm sent
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit up Verizon, A good friend of mine in the customer service lead/supervisor I remember her telling me they were hiring. You may have to go through a temp agency to get your foot in the door.

Also I hate to state the obvious but try/scour the following resources.
www.dice.com
www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.linkedin.com

Good luck.

[ November 17, 2011, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:

How much for the coupe? Dave you don't want another caddy

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey playa, also try this site.

http://regionalhelpwanted.com/home/290.htm

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Oh and check out DBI (they do distribution for Coors....). I am not sure if they have a plant out there where you at. But they have one in Stockton and I know they were hiring drivers as of last week.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

How much for the coupe? Dave you don't want another caddy
Yes i do caddy are my all time favorite cars to own it must be the whoop in me.

Dustin check pms i know a job in oakland doing what you were doing

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Oh and check out DBI (they do distribution for Coors....). YeI am not sure if they have a plant out there where you at. But they have one in Stockton and I know they were hiring drivers as of last week.

Yeah that would work nate if had a class a license not a class c .but i guees you missed that part of the job requirements of the that job.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Oh and check out DBI (they do distribution for Coors....). YeI am not sure if they have a plant out there where you at. But they have one in Stockton and I know they were hiring drivers as of last week.

Yeah that would work nate if had a class a license not a class c .but i guees you missed that part of the job requirements of the that job.
Nah didn't miss anything. Just trying to help out a person, that seems to go out his way to help others.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com