Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best 10 or 12" subwoofer out there?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best 10 or 12" subwoofer out there??
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cvrs ftw they get the job done and some

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2BlueGeeTees:
I kno you OGs will remember the soundstream stuff. Well my buddy owns a stereo shop and wanted to test out sound streams new product so he used my car and I will say my 1 soundstream 12" sub at 1200 watts rms and matching digital am tears apart the to JLs I had in both db level and more importantly sound quality. It isn't exactly a budget setup if u don't have a hook up though

The old sound stream stuff was good ass quality my brother has an older sound stream amp that does 4 channel or mono block I cant remember the power out put but I know I remember thinking damn thats impressive ohh and also has a lot of features most amps dont have today

Ohh and for the OP kicker comps are a great deal for your money and like stated above you have to run a decent amp its like the quarter back of your system.

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the responses fellas. Looks like kicker is wat u guys are puttin my mind into. For the money kicker is the way to go but only down side is they dont hit low bass notes like the p3s hit... I had an old school pair of hifonics 12" subs and they sounded pretty badass. Ut they were old nd blew out

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
re audio triple xxx and the mt

http://www.reaudio.com/woofers.php

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kicker L7 12 in a ported box with a 1k amp bumps hard at 2ohms. you can really beat it

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 12's cvr slapping for the price i think their the best under 200 bucks!!check my setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeS6UqMH2I

Posts: 125 | From: San Fran and eastbay | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my favorite system i've owned was an Eclipse deck, Phoenix Gold mids & highs and four channel amp, with two JL W0 12 inch subs and a JL Monoblock Amp. Not the loudest in town, but much more clear than the average system, and plenty loud for the wattage. JL's are efficient.

depends what you mean by "best"... best clarity? highest db? from the answers so far, looks like maybe best bang for the buck?

The JL W7 13" is a proven woofer. SPL Comp winning super loud with low distortion and audiophile clarity.

MMATS Pro Audio also makes some great competition proven equipment... some of the best in my opinion out of this current generation of products

if it's just decent loud bass, 90% of an average sound systems sound comes from the headunit and amp. You need a good headunit with some higher volt non-fading sub outs, something with a low distortion rating. and mate that to a good efficient amp, and use quality wiring. If you have a good headunit, amp, and wiring, you can fill a decent box with any old flea market subs and it will sound pretty good.

but good bang-for-the-buck subs in my opinion are Audiobahn. Competition winning loud... just a little power hungry and not the clarity some people desire.

A couple decent packages i'd consider for the price:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39765_1000W-JL-Audio-Subwoofers-MB-Quart-Amplifier-Bass-Bundle.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21675_MTX-TNP212D2.html

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Platinum Detail
¯
Member # 8026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Platinum Detail  Ford pictures for Platinum Detail  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like everyone has or had crv's
CRV<L7's
Hell they might even make you lose an eye!
http://youtu.be/N1B-mQlQGFk

[ November 10, 2011, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Platinum Detail ]

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 306:
Lookin to buy a nice sound system 10s or 12s". Whats ur guys opinion on the subs out there?? I know jl is the best. BUt thats far to much for my budget? What set up are u guys running subs/amp. Already have a nice alpine deck one of the newer models. Thanks fellas

Depends on what type of subwoofer you are looking for. Are you looking for a SPL or SQ set-up?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com