Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what do you guys think of a ls2 gto? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what do you guys think of a ls2 gto?
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 01, 2011, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
i think they are faster and better looking then alot of raggedy ass foxbodies and sn95 s that people own and brag about on this board. ls2 are excellent motors and respond very well to light mods. those cars can VERY easily get in the 11 s and still have all the creature comforts and be reliable... i would own one in a heart beat if i didnt have a bunch or cars already. People that say they are crap are just haters that own high 13 sec foxbodies that wont pass smog.....

See sig...

They're piles of shit. Brakes are horrible, they're not fast by any means, they handle like shit, and they FEEL huge... They basically feel like a crown vic with a 6 speed lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
i think they are faster and better looking then alot of raggedy ass foxbodies and sn95 s that people own and brag about on this board. ls2 are excellent motors and respond very well to light mods. those cars can VERY easily get in the 11 s and still have all the creature comforts and be reliable... i would own one in a heart beat if i didnt have a bunch or cars already. People that say they are crap are just haters that own high 13 sec foxbodies that wont pass smog.....

See sig...

They're piles of shit. Brakes are horrible, they're not fast by any means, they handle like shit, and they FEEL huge... They basically feel like a crown vic with a 6 speed lol

I still think they are better cars then foxbodies and sn95 mustangs. But hey, to each his own.... If they are such pieces of shit then what are the mustangs I mentioned above? 05-06 GTO's stock for stock own the above named mustangs in every category.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back home those cars are extremely popular. I have never been a huge fan. Not only are they heavy, they have the tiniest wheel wells so wheel/tire combinations seem a bit limited. More apparence than anything else. All that said, getting one to run low 12's seems pretty easy. For the money I'd rather have it's upscale cousin, the CTS.

[ November 02, 2011, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: copcar ]

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 nifty50

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com