Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » arcade games (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: arcade games
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nuff said, soo much money spent on this

- [patriot]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Discs of Tron, one of my all time favs.
 -

One of the coolest arcade games ever, Dragon's Lair
 -

Another one I spent countless amounts of money on. Paperboy.
 -

[worship] [worship] Now you're talking my language!
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All Street Fighter games but they gotta be the Japanese sit down style, Final Fight,Sinistar, Space Dual, Samurai Showdown 1 n 2, Tron, Stargate, Fatal Fury series, Art Of Fighting series, Double Dragon 1 n 2, M vs C 1 n 2, SF vs X-men,Rival Schools, Darkstarker's 1n2... yes I love Fighting games and side scrollers! [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kast1376:
I collect pinball machines myself. I currently have a High Speed, Earthshaker, Guns N Roses, Funhouse, and a Whitewater. I would love to find a Toobin or a 720 to add a few arcade games to the collection!

"SKATE OR DIE!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpE-dc3VH6A

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
You know the old schoolers on here [Wink] .........80's 25 cent games FTW for sure. Best era ever 80's period. Nothing beats having your quarter lined up on the game waiting to get your chance at the popular release of Gauntlet. A typical Friday after school @ your local 7/11 or neighborhood pizza joint...Damn I miss those days...

Golfland and Aladdins castle was my second home when i was younger..all those quarters spent...probably a car or a down payment on a house...lol!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^Aladdins castle!!!
Haha the $2.50 early bird special for 20 tokens!! Those gold coins man that was treasure when you were younger and had a pocket full of them always having your hand in your pocket lol!!

--------------------

1_raw_95
¯
Member # 9527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_raw_95  Ford pictures for 1_raw_95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the arcade breakthru forsale if anyone is intrested

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/pedroauctions/BreakThruManual.PNG

--------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>KinG CoBRa<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
You know the old schoolers on here [Wink] .........80's 25 cent games FTW for sure. Best era ever 80's period. Nothing beats having your quarter lined up on the game waiting to get your chance at the popular release of Gauntlet. A typical Friday after school @ your local 7/11 or neighborhood pizza joint...Damn I miss those days...

Golfland and Aladdins castle was my second home when i was younger..all those quarters spent...probably a car or a down payment on a house...lol!
This is exactly why I did it, all the great times I had at the arcade plus its still fun. There aren't many arcades around anymore and the ones that are all have busted ass games. I took my son over to a arcade/miniature golf place and every game we played had some issue with it, you talk to the employees about it and they just throw a token at you and that's the end of it. No one wants to maintain shit, if it turns on and takes your money then oh well. My son deserves to have the experience I had with arcade games growing up. I love my PS3 and Xbox but arcade is in its own class. I rebuilt the steering on my Rush game, a new active steering belt, a new potentiometer and tightened the gears, it drives like a brand new game now. I also had to fix the shifter but it was all worth it. My Terminator is getting a replacement monitor today, I got a great deal on one and I'll rebuild the guns too, then I'm going to finish my MAME cabinet soon.

[ September 02, 2011, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what no donkey kong, or 1941 or how about galiga
or maybe even Ikari warriors or better yet pole position

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
what no donkey kong, or 1941 or how about galiga
or maybe even Ikari warriors or better yet pole position

My Ms Pacman has Galaga, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, 1942 and Frogger on it. My MAME machine is an old arcade cabinet that I got a X-arcade Tank Stick controller to mount, a P4 computer running Hyperspin with thousands of games and an LCD monitor if I can swing it. Once my MAME machine is done I'll be selling the Ms Packman/Galaga.

Here's the controller I got to fun my MAME on. Its built with all actual arcade controls and a trackball with a lifetime warranty, its seriously a beast of a controller but with a hefty price tag.
 -

--------------------

Abandon him.

90.5.0GT
¯
Member # 8843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90.5.0GT  Ford pictures for 90.5.0GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who remembers this game? This was my shhhhiet right here.

-

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

^^^Haha sick, 2 or 4 player championship sprint...get those gold wrenches!!! remember spinning the steering wheel and letting the pedal go on sharp turns....

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had s sf2 turbo standup coin op in my kitchen back in my bachelor days lol that shit was sick! We had tournaments and played for money...i broke all who came thru.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I worked all day on my MAME computer trying to get shit running right and was having problems with my brand new X-arcade controller. I decided to open up the thing and found wires had just fallen off the switches because the connectors weren't tight enough, another one they broke when they bolted the directional control in! I'm pissed, these things were supposed to be bullet proof but being built in a retard factory I'm beginning to wonder!

--------------------

Abandon him.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could you pm me or post up a link to where your buying your stuff to build your game system. I would love to build something like that for my house.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Could you pm me or post up a link to where your buying your stuff to build your game system. I would love to build something like that for my house.

I got the cabinet off Craigslist, I'm using either a TV or an LCD monitor for the screen and building my own PC for the brain of the system. I got some decent computer speakers with a sub for the sound. The hardest part is getting the computer to run the front end and work with the emulators. They make several different ones and I'm trying them all out to see what works best. They will actually hide Windows so the computer will boot directly into the front end where you select your games. If I figure this shit out I'll help you with getting the PC set up. Here's a link to the controller, its the easiest way to do it in my opinion. http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Arcade-Tankstick-Indestructible-Arcade-Gaming-/310342477126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4841da6546 Just be sure to check all the connections inside [Mad]

--------------------

Abandon him.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think im going to build a 4 player one so I can get 4 people on some classic games. Have you seen anyone selling guns?
If I'm gonna build one I wanna be able to play shoot em up games like time crissis & big buck hunter.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I think im going to build a 4 player one so I can get 4 people on some classic games. Have you seen anyone selling guns?
If I'm gonna build one I wanna be able to play shoot em up games like time crissis & big buck hunter.

I just picked up an NBA Jam today, its got a 4 player control panel, its a solid case too. The guts are still in it, I just took the monitor out for my Terminator 2. If I decide to sell it I'll let you know, I was trying to decide if I should build that one for my MAME machine since its more complete than the other cabinet I have. You can buy guns and stuff off eBay.

--------------------

Abandon him.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Street fighter 2 champion edition.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com