Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » best engine ever made? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: best engine ever made?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I have to give it up to GM on the 3.8L. These engines kick ass. Why does fords v6 of the time suck?

So with that said which engine is the best ever made?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford 302 and the Porsche 3.2L Turbo [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rb26dett/2jzgte/5.0 coyote motor/ford 302/lol hard to pick one
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the question best motor ever made ever? or best ford or chevy motor?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would say

1. chevy LS engins
2. ford 5.0 H.O
3 GM 3.8L
4. 4.0 JEEP
5. HONDA B18? HAHAH gotta give it props

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
is the question best motor ever made ever? or best ford or chevy motor?

[Big Grin]

ever i guess. i dont know much about euro or jap crap so its under my radar lol

--------------------
The anti-crew

FasterTHANyou
aka CoKeWhItE707
Member # 10763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterTHANyou  Ford pictures for FasterTHANyou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford 428!

--------------------
Plz hate me!5.0!
Check out this video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSflwqL7Va4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---------------------------------------------
Booted for being a drama queen.

PS- We ######HATE###### e-thugs incapable of using proper English. It's a shame to live in this country, be given opportunities others die for every day, and waste it. Basic education, it's free in America. Break the family tradition and get "sum".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gh3_e3mDQ8

His rebuttal-
quote:

I must say honestly kinda liked it at first but 90% of your sites members are rasist judgmental pricks and im glad u booted me...im takin my bisness else were and id like to add many mustang owners in the REAL bay area hate your site..most say its becuase ur members are pricks who just run there mouths..i think personally most of you are snobby ass suburbanites..i cant believe how i was singled out just for the way i tipe and "sound" constently fucked with constently talked shit to..you know i have half a mind to sue for discrimination..but ima hardworking iron union employee and i gross 80k a year..so your piddly site can suck my third nut and id like to tell you YOU sir are a rasist judgmental jackass bcuz i was instigated on numerious occasions and nobody else gets kicked..bcuz you are all clicked up..you should take a step back and look at how UNinviting this kinda behaviour makes your site and prob why everyone i encounture talks bad bout your site...
Fuck you have a nice day

Oh and bye the way im goin camaro fuck you and your mustangs you can eat a fat dick and swallow the mayo

Ever wonder what people who talk like this look like?

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/64/102d07574fcc434499b8c930ff5f449a/l.jpg

Posts: 746 | From: Vallejo ca | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the forged roller 5.0 motor definaltey belongs somwher on that list,

i think the orgi 289 that came in the 65 mustangs
were pretty much bullet proof.

diesels are impressive nowadays.. u got people in huge lifted trucks running with sports cars in the 1/4..

and the 426 hemi?

[ August 17, 2011, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ford 427
ford 302
ford dohc 4.6
Ford for The Motha Fuckin Win

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As in Best do you mean power or reliability?

for power, the old pushrod motors fall low on the list in terms of hp per cubic inch. DOHC rape OVH engines

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably the LS motor.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford has had many good v6's 2.8 3.0 4.0 4.2..... And the new one in the mustang is impressive for a v6 and in the f150 they have the ecco boost v6.... Don't forget the legendary inline 4.9 300.

I'm a big fan of the 460 too I have had several and they are bulletproof

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id have to go with the Chevy 4.8. I see so many of these early 2000 silverado/suburbans/tahoes come into work with almost 300k miles and they still run like a champ. If I were to pick something else.. the chevy LS and ford 302s

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS9 FTW!!!!!

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS1 bruh [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=048961#000001

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yamaha SHO 3.0
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My top three:

Ford 302HO
Toyota inline 6 2JZ
Gm LS

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.6L bruh!!!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. new 5.0
2. 2jz inline 6
3. dohc 4.6
4. 1600 cc vw

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A990 426 HEMI 1964/65

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think all around engines Would be the Jeep 4.0, Toyota r22 and Ford straight six 4.0. To think about mostly any straight engine has been good. And now diesel engines are another beast

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

i dont think fords new 5.0 can be on this list. it has not been around long enough. i mean maybe when people are racing on 170k mile blocks ill be impressed.

--------------------
The anti-crew

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS7 gameover..

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly and I know we ALL HATE to admit it but if this was a magazine question or just a general question the answer is the small block chevy.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com