Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dirt Jumping MTN Bikes **UPDATE** (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dirt Jumping MTN Bikes **UPDATE**
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
Love it. Still have a few creaks from the rebuild. I can't stop looking at it. haha

C'mon you used to ride bmx. you know it doesnt ride right unless it creaks!LOL
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put my own decals on:

-

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When we going riding blue i just got a fit bmx last month
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:

Right on, man. I wanted to go to the Pleasanton jumps this weekend but looks like it will be raining.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying get back into riding to , its been some years but Im thinking about getting a Kona Shred
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Right on, man. I wanted to go to the Pleasanton jumps this weekend but looks like it will be raining.
How about the sunday after taht
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:
quote:

How about the sunday after taht
As long as the weather is good, I am up for it.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
Im trying get back into riding to , its been some years but Im thinking about getting a Kona Shred

Go to http://www.pinkbike.com there are a lot of bikes and parts for sale. Plus forums, videos, pictures, etc.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any of you guys going to the bike EXPO and dirt jumping competition next Sat&Sun at the Cow Palace?
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
Any of you guys going to the bike EXPO and dirt jumping competition next Sat&Sun at the Cow Palace?

No, I'm not. I plan to ride in Pleasanton if the weather and dirt is permitting. Been itching to jump for weeks! Are you going to the show?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

yeah i will be out there for the DJ comp atleast one of the days. the dubs they got setup are pretty sick! they said rain tomorrow and clear rest of the weekend. looks like car show in the a.m. DJ comp in the afternoon.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
yeah i will be out there for the DJ comp atleast one of the days. the dubs they got setup are pretty sick! they said rain tomorrow and clear rest of the weekend. looks like car show in the a.m. DJ comp in the afternoon.

How was the show/contest? Have any pics?

I think I am going riding in Pleasanton this Sunday. Anyone else going to be around?

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:

I think I am going riding in Pleasanton this Sunday. Anyone else going to be around?

I down to go
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
quote:

didnt get any pics but it was pretty sick heres a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plm4YaP2H2k

They had a street course setup up inside and some folks were busting out on the 20"ers. there was a mini bmx track for kids i think it was ages 8 and under of course everything was rollable. there were tons of new parts vendors as wel as a used part swap meet, there was also tons of of other bike stuff going on: cycle cross,fixie tricks etc. there is pretty much everything you can think of bike related.lot of fun and it was cheap to get in.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:
quote:

didnt get any pics but it was pretty sick heres a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plm4YaP2H2k

They had a street course setup up inside and some folks were busting out on the 20"ers. there was a mini bmx track for kids i think it was ages 8 and under of course everything was rollable. there were tons of new parts vendors as wel as a used part swap meet, there was also tons of of other bike stuff going on: cycle cross,fixie tricks etc. there is pretty much everything you can think of bike related.lot of fun and it was cheap to get in.

Damn, sounds like I missed out. I will have to try to attend the next one!
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:
quote:

I down to go
As long as the weather is good, I am going. Might have to go mid day until all this fog burns off. We'll have to wait and see.
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do any of you guys hit up calabasas here in saratoga? I still take my 24 inch cruiser out there from time to time.

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:
Do any of you guys hit up calabasas here in saratoga? I still take my 24 inch cruiser out there from time to time.

I go out there all the time. It has just been awhile now due to weather/timing. But if you have the chance, the Pleasanton jumps are more fun, personally.

[ November 30, 2011, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like your bike. Here my bike.

-

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Nice bike notch_notch. Is that a FSR?
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:

I go out there all the time. It has just been awhile now due to weather/timing. But if you have the chance, the Pleasanton jumps are more fun, personally.
I haven't been out there in about 5-6 years, i'll keep an eye on this thread and try and get out there one weekend. Shoot me a PM or post up if you ever plan on heading out to Calibasas

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Looks like weather should be good for Sunday! What time should we plan this? Meeting at the Pleasanton BMX park if anyone is interested or wants to chime in. I am open most of the day. Prefer late morning.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com