Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » its one thing if GM fans wanna bash on Fords... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: its one thing if GM fans wanna bash on Fords...
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
Damn all this Mopar talk is giving me the itch to get a classic Mopar again.

Do IT DO IT DO IT...AND turbo50 convince johnb to DO IT TOOO

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
Damn all this Mopar talk is giving me the itch to get a classic Mopar again.

Someone give this dude a shot of penicillin for this awful itch he has [patriot]

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow lmao at the ppl hatin on mopars definately have there fair share of badass cars.. 70 aar cuda, 71 hemi cuda.. 69 hemi darts 10sec cars from the dealer if im remembering correctly

...and im sure that most (not all) of you havnt even herd of a dodge demon before.. hehe [Wink]

and as for todays cars, well dont sleep on the viper, thats one bad snake.

[ August 06, 2011, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck mopar!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
wow lmao at the ppl hatin on mopars definately have there fair share of badass cars.. 70 aar cuda, 71 hemi cuda.. 69 hemi darts 10sec cars from the dealer if im remembering correctly

...and im sure that most (not all) of you havnt even herd of a dodge demon before.. hehe [Wink]

10 sec cars? i thought all the big blocks back than barely got into the 12's?

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ yea im pretty sure no production car ran 10's back then ill google it tho

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea not till the 2000's http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have a few Mopars till i got the Ford bug.2 of the best ones were 440 powered '68 Darts.And even with real lowbuck combos,those cars would move!Id trake a Mopar over a Chevy any day. [dance]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:

10 sec cars? i thought all the big blocks back than barely got into the 12's?
sorry i meant 68 hemi darts its been a while since ive messed arond with mopars and yes as a matter of fact they were 10 second BUILT production cars.

and remember people they werent mass produced...

hurst and morpar came together to make a small number of these special cars, that could be bought from the public right from the dealership.

link-
http://www.moparsunlimited.net/fastest_production_cars.htm

heres more info on the 10sec hemi dart from wikipedia jus scroll down to 1968-1969

link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dart

heres more if u wana lesson in mopar 101
link-
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/68-hurst-hemi-dart-l023-is-this-the-worlds-fastest-muscle-car/

so mopar haters u jus got hit wit some knowledge [dance]

FUCK CHEVY. heavy ass pieces of shit!! [patriot]

[ August 08, 2011, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

so... hurst built the car technically not dodge/mopar it says "they sent bodys to hurst where they were highly modified and installed hemis". they are garanteed to not be stock factory built hemis or else dodge would of just installed em. fiberglass front no heater lexan windows modified shock towers/wheel wells yea you might have been able to order one from dodge but did it come off there assembley line? no. im not saying mopars are weak or gay but lets think about it theres yenko cars that werent on a gm line shit shelbys arent off a ford line. your comparing apples to oranges no factory line built muscle car ran 10's plain and simple

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
so... hurst built the car technically not dodge/mopar it says "they sent bodys to hurst where they were highly modified and installed hemis". they are garanteed to not be stock factory built hemis or else dodge would of just installed em. fiberglass front no heater lexan windows modified shock towers/wheel wells yea you might have been able to order one from dodge but did it come off there assembley line? no. im not saying mopars are weak or gay but lets think about it theres yenko cars that werent on a gm line shit shelbys arent off a ford line. your comparing apples to oranges no factory line built muscle car ran 10's plain and simple

ok but never once did i compare any car or say it was factory line built (neither is a saleen). people hatin on mopar so i reminded everyone that mopar had bad cars. it was a PRODUCTION CAR u (average joe) could buy it FROM THE DEALERSHIP and go to the track and run 10s and THAT MAKES IT A FACTOR IN THE REAL WORLD. who cares who was involved in making it, it was produced and sold to the public from dodge dealerships and thats all that matters.

show me a ANY chevy or ford that you could hav bought from a dealership an run 10s!!!?

sorry its mopars for this win.

[ August 08, 2011, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

im not arguing for chevy. but the only argument you have is you can buy it from a dealership. which in my opinion this is not a dodge production vehicle it was not produced in they're plant. like i said i could go order a super snake but did it come that way from a ford plant? no. so how you can say that dodge dart from hurst is better than a 69 ss camaro or a ss chevelle? it maybe faster but it aint better trust me.

[ August 08, 2011, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: 93sspCOUPE ]

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mutilates
Other
Products
At
Races

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Mostly
Over
Powered
And
Respected

--------------------

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
but the only argument you have is you can buy it from a dealership.

i dont think you understand what im saying, a dealership is the only place u can buy a brand new car. and at that time if u wantd to buy the fastest brand new car money can buy it was the limited hemi dart. not a chevy, not a ford.

chevy and ford had ther own limited cars too,wich were also built outside factory line,(as u said uself the "supersnake") its a pefectly fair level playing field.
the badest most rare,limited special cars chevy an ford had simply werent as fast, otherwise you would know.

i want to make it clear im not saying chevy and ford didnt have the capabilities of making a 10 sec car and selling it to the public, BUT THEY DIDNT! but mopar did. you can't argue that.

the badest creation from chevy and ford couldnt
touch it, even a yenko or shelby creation (both not factory line cars btw), they werent as fast and thats the bottom line.

it is by no means an argument, these are cold hard FACTS.

mopar [Wink]

[ August 09, 2011, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
so how you can say that dodge dart from hurst is better than a 69 ss camaro or a ss chevelle? it maybe faster but it aint better trust me.

would you like to elaborate? in what way could either those car be better? they are out performed and less valuable, oh and much heavier, which also matters in a perfomance view of mind

so your logic is telling me a yenko camaro isnt as good as a ss camaro because the ss was built on the fatory line? (when the yenkos are worth more)

i jus dont think those details matter in the real world if ur buying a new car "factory line made" or not. Dodge Chevy and Ford all had their own sources to go to when perfomance was the main focus. dodge had no extra advantage over chevy n ford.

fyi darts weigh about as much as a foxbody. and the "factory line" hemi motors wer makin over 500hp before husrt even touched em, jus to put things in perspective here.

[ August 09, 2011, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

point is theres a reason plenty of people dont know what a special order hemi dart is. and people know what a chevelle ss or a camaro or a shelby or a amx. yea ive seen a newer charger srt8 run 10's but the point is is most of us dont give a fuck just like when ur hemi dart came out most people didnt give a fuck then. that car is not tye holy grail of muscle cars. mopar guys think they're cool cuz they didnt pick one of the major two. they think theyre special. yea some old mopars are cool and made power but they dont even compare to ford or chevy. your on a ford site praising mopar trying to get us ford owners sides to help you bash chevys cuz "they're heavy" atleast the new camaro isnt a fuckin four door like the charger. and the challenger well thats heavy too lol

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
yea some old mopars are cool and made power but they dont even compare to ford or chevy. your on a ford site praising mopar trying to get us ford owners sides to help you bash chevys

well it wasnt special order car but a limited number were made, thats why people like you may not know about them. they were on the lot for anyone to buy if u had the money.no special ordering. im not trying convince any one any thing its all facts but if u want my opinion i dont like chevys an i care less if a ford man sides wit me on this or not
but all opinions aside show me another ten second car that was sold new to the public? i think mopar more than compares to chevy and ford, and they more than earned their respect, weather u know that or not

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

the only thing mopar made that is highly respectable is the 426 hemi. powerglides are the number one auto for drag racing. even the 4 speed "rock crusher" was a bad ass manual from gm. ford 9" rear cant even be compared to in drag racing. chevy big blocks and small blocks are one of the best engines of all time. can be found in alot of things boats yachts delivery trucks etc. the lsx motors are great motors. the mod motors are another great piece of technology. the 5.0 roller engine? theres alot of great things from ford and chevy and to me mopar not very much.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
ford 9" rear cant even be compared to in drag racing.

ford 9, great rear end.... but my money is on the dana 60 rear end that came from the good ol factory in mopar's big block 4-speed cars. [burnout]

quote:
powerglides are the number one auto for drag racing.

the majority being in gm cars, have you herd of the 727 torque flight?

[ August 09, 2011, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

yea i have heard of a 727 and no gm and ford cars do not use them and neither do real race cars its a 3 speed

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

V8 LMFAO
¯
Member # 11044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 LMFAO  Ford pictures for V8 LMFAO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEA Who could ever think about buying this hunk-a-junk!!
 -

[ August 09, 2011, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: V8 LMFAO ]

--------------------
95 Honda Civic :D

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
yea i have heard of a 727 and no gm and ford cars do not use them and neither do real race cars its a 3 speed

ive personally seen a low 8 sec duster go down the track with a 727

seemd like it was getin the job done to me.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

if you love these mopars sooo much why do you have a ford? i never said they're not fast mopars im simply saying its not the most popular and theres a reason

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
if you love these mopars sooo much why do you have a ford? i never said they're not fast mopars im simply saying its not the most popular and theres a reason

well i own a ford because i like the foxbody for a number of reasons..i never said anything negative about fords, jus pointing out accomplishments of mopar since people jus mostly think mopar dosnt have much to show for over the years.

and whos to say i dont own a mopar as well as my fox? [Wink]

and if your insinuating that mopar isnt popular because of being out performed by chevy or ford, well thats an ignorant statemant to make..do you realize how many chevy camaros were made and chevelles and novas and ofcourse mustangs? and u wonder why they are more popular? well it just MAYBE its because they produced millions of them .

(for example) when going to a car show and walking by about 2 dozen 69 camaros [Roll Eyes] , well theres nothing special about that. being popular isnt always better.

[ August 09, 2011, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com