Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » glock g17 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: glock g17
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Out of those options Glock hands down no questions, it is the AK-47 of the handgun world.

Id have to say the AK and AR of handguns is a 1911

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
quote:
Out of those options Glock hands down no questions, it is the AK-47 of the handgun world.

When you take into account that there's a ton of them, they are simple to use and have few moving parts and they will fire in any condition without cleaning or maintanence I would have to disagree with you completely. I love my 1911 but I have to clean it about as much as I actually get to fire it, I could throw my glock in a pit take a dump on it and bury it 6 months later dig it up and it will fire.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glock all day. and sacramento black rifle has probably the best deals on glocks in a 100 mi radius they are a glock "blue" dealer
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DMI:
xd40 hands down

I got one and love it. My next gun is going to be a 226.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had an xd 45 tactical (5" barrel)it was nice, but i didnt care for the double safety. breaking down the gun was a little more of a pain in the ass, because you had to manipulate the grip safety just right in order to pop the slide off and with the added safety it makes for more of a chore if you are a d.i.y. gun smither. the glock is great super reliable and all it takes is an 1/8 punch to take it apart. after selling my xd i went to a glock 35 which is the .40 cal competition model with the 5.32" barrel lighten slide. etc. love it! its accurate and just gets down. just a side note if your looking to buy a glock 9mm or .40 get the .40 because you can convert the .40 to shoot 9mm and/or .357 sig if you ever change your mind on caliber due to cost of ammo etc.

[ July 29, 2011, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

also look at the m&p pistols. sigs are nice but extremely expensive($1000 compared to $450-$750 for other polys) and to me didnt feel much different then a $500-$700 poly pistol. and if you look at hk go shoot one and go shoot another poly pistol and you will not want the hk. the design creates sooo much more recoil.you will shoot an hk 9mm for example and go shoot a glock or springfield xd in .40 and ask your self why the hk 9mm recoiled so much more. once again my xd was nice just not my preference.

if you want one the vallejo gun shop has an AK pistol for sale!LOL just thought id throw it out there.

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glocks all day ever since i got my first one ill never buy any other type of pistol
91SuperchargedNotchOn24s
¯
Member # 10866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s  Ford pictures for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GLOCKS!!! I got da hardest hittin glock,Glock20 10mm
Posts: 249 | From: RICHMOND'CA 510 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

When you take into account that there's a ton of them, they are simple to use and have few moving parts and they will fire in any condition without cleaning or maintanence I would have to disagree with you completely. I love my 1911 but I have to clean it about as much as I actually get to fire it, I could throw my glock in a pit take a dump on it and bury it 6 months later dig it up and it will fire.
I was referring to how much custom shit u can get for a 1911s. Tacticool that piece out! But yeah flocks are reliable, but not sure they are anymore reliable then a Springfield, Sig, or ruger. A quality handgun better fire without issues in any condition. There's not much to them. Glock has always promoted they're reliability tho, so they are kind of a staple. Ps what kind of 1911s do u have? I'm looking into buying a Springfield operator 1911s or the Taurus (both have accessory rails) or perhaps the original colt.

--------------------

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

i have the 1911 model already its a sig sauser 1911 gsr 45acp problem is when you find ammo for cheap like 30 bucks a box you gotta buy 2 and sometimes its already sold out [Frown]

i like that glock 30 ist cool but i want something smaller cal like a 9 so i can teach the wifey to shoot i think starting her off with a 1911 and a 45 round is a lil to much. plus i want something lighter in my pilliow at night noim sayin [Big Grin]

witch one fuck it buy both [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsgHbXubGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check this out haha g17 with explosive ammo haha might help with decision lol

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:

Now that's what the fuck im talon about [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glocks are great pistols. Very accurate and AK reliable. I just don't like polymer handguns. I've got a 1911 chambered in 9mm and its awesome. Laser accurate and soft recoil like a. 22.

[ July 29, 2011, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm soo jealous of that guy... Best job in the damn world!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:

Now that's what the fuck im talon about [Big Grin]
Yea Dude is awesome haha you gotta watch his other videos haha he fires two fully auto 12 gauge shotguns 1 per hand at the same time hahaha plus his accent makes me laugh haha
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

There is no more deadly weapon system in the world than Russian with 2 AA-12s!

--------------------

SacNotch50
¯
Member # 7439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacNotch50  Ford pictures for SacNotch50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

damn were i find those drums at?
Posts: 232 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was referring to how much custom shit u can get for a 1911s. Tacticool that piece out! But yeah flocks are reliable, but not sure they are anymore reliable then a Springfield, Sig, or ruger. A quality handgun better fire without issues in any condition. There's not much to them. Glock has always promoted they're reliability tho, so they are kind of a staple. Ps what kind of 1911s do u have? I'm looking into buying a Springfield operator 1911s or the Taurus (both have accessory rails) or perhaps the original colt.
This is mine Springfield GI added a few things to it.

-

[ July 30, 2011, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

That things sexy.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com