Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CHP popped my hood! (Picture) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CHP popped my hood! (Picture)
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
Talk about a cool cop... LOL

I'm driving the stang and get on the freeway. I'm merging in second gear (no traffic around) so I punch it going to third, shifting to fourth I was going to let off and cruise after that... But at WOT in third I see a cruiser just hanging out off to the right hand side and I fly by him letting off! At this point I'm like dam ok, red handed like a motherfucker! I proceed to stay on the freeway and get off at the exit I was going to take.

A little while later I'm taking the off ramp and see him right behind me... DAM! I'm thinking to myself, ok I was WRONG for doing that and totally accept what ever I got coming to me, fuck it!

I see the lights, he turns on the speaker and says "Make a right at the light and pull over!" I do as I'm told and shut the engine off. This is the exciting part as I was nervous but trying to stay calm thinking of a excuse. The officer approaches my car and it goes like this...

Cop: I see you were having some fun back there, did you not see me at all?

Me: No. You sure you have the right car, I saw two other cars like mine just now, a red one and a green one.

Cop: Dont bullshit me! You were going pretty fast it took me a while to cacth up to you! Why were you driving like that? What color is your car, red right!?

Me: I don't drive the car often and I'm just trying to get home. The color is actually a burnt orange.

Cop: Ok, drivers license, insurance, registration!

Cop: Your car is real loud, all the emission equipment under the hood? If I pop your hood is it all llegal?

Me: No, it is not smog llegal.

At this point he is running my plate # & D.L. I'm thinking to myself and expecting the worst. (impound, two points, speeding violation fine, etc.)

Cop: Ok get out the car and pop your hood for me!

Me: I'll show you my engine, but I can't put it any where since there are no hinges and it just lifts off the car completly. (I lift the hood about half way)

Cop: Wow!!! Look what we have here! I see your car is not fuel injected, what is that a rpm manifold, a victor manifold? Man those headers are huge any carb#s on those? Oh, nice trick flow heads!

Me: It's a victor jr.

Cop: Is it a 347? How do you smog this vehicle? Does it have a solid roller or nitrous?

Me: It's a 347 and it is a solid roller.

I'm thinking to myself all the questions he is asking me he is proably going to use against me on the police report, so I start to lower my hood.

Cop: Keep your hood up for me. What size cam you running, it idles real loud? Have you taken it to the track and not that street racing?

Me: It's over 600 lift and yes I have taken it to the race track in sacramento. I hardly drive the car on the street, thats the only place I can actually drive it and have fun with it.

Cop: So what are your times?

I didn't want to tell him, so now my arms are getting tired holding up the hood for a couple of minutes, I put it down step back and answer him. I begin to put the hood pins back on.

Cop: So are you running nitrous? What was your mph?

Me: Yes the car has nitrous, but I dont drive it with the bottle in the trunk because, inorder to use it, I have to use race gas.

Now hes being real cool with me and starting to check out my wheels.

Cop: I see you have lots of money invested into it and you would hate for me to send you to the smog ref., right?

Me: Yea the car is not a daily driver and I hardly drive it, plus it is insured under a collectors car insurance aswell. So this means your letting me go?

Cop: You seem mature enough that I can trust you. I better not catch you again tonight!!! Here is your stuff!

Me: Ok, thanks for the warning have a good night!

He walks away and gets in his car. I get in the car and wait till he leaves saying out loud "I cant believe what just happened you lucky SOB!" I take off and go straight to buy a lotto ticket!

Moral of it all is, I cant have fun with this car on the street! Also dam lucky that he was cool enough to scope out the car and not write me up for EVERY smog violation he could of.

How about that? [patriot]

head game must be top notch, smoken pole like theres no tomorrow.... [Whoo Whooooo!] [Razz]
General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510Notch:
quote:
Talk about a cool cop... LOL

I'm driving the stang and get on the freeway. I'm merging in second
How about that? [patriot]

head game must be top notch, smoken pole like theres no tomorrow.... [Whoo Whooooo!] [Razz]
LMFAO!!!

[ July 24, 2011, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: General Butt Naked ]

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dp

[ July 24, 2011, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: General Butt Naked ]

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

[worship] looks good man

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

looks stock to me....

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
SSF Svt just gives the cop a rusty trombone and get off with a warning .

Works every time!

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
8stang8, I just had an anxiety attack reading that lol.

Good shit [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw this notchback at the Vic hubbards car show last year it's a real clean car

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on 90fox5.0 & VENOMOUS PONY 5.0! THANKS [patriot]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com