Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CHP popped my hood! (Picture) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CHP popped my hood! (Picture)
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Talk about a cool cop... LOL

I'm driving the stang and get on the freeway. I'm merging in second gear (no traffic around) so I punch it going to third, shifting to fourth I was going to let off and cruise after that... But at WOT in third I see a cruiser just hanging out off to the right hand side and I fly by him letting off! At this point I'm like dam ok, red handed like a motherfucker! I proceed to stay on the freeway and get off at the exit I was going to take.

A little while later I'm taking the off ramp and see him right behind me... DAM! I'm thinking to myself, ok I was WRONG for doing that and totally accept what ever I got coming to me, fuck it!

I see the lights, he turns on the speaker and says "Make a right at the light and pull over!" I do as I'm told and shut the engine off. This is the exciting part as I was nervous but trying to stay calm thinking of a excuse. The officer approaches my car and it goes like this...

Cop: I see you were having some fun back there, did you not see me at all?

Me: No. You sure you have the right car, I saw two other cars like mine just now, a red one and a green one.

Cop: Dont bullshit me! You were going pretty fast it took me a while to cacth up to you! Why were you driving like that? What color is your car, red right!?

Me: I don't drive the car often and I'm just trying to get home. The color is actually a burnt orange.

Cop: Ok, drivers license, insurance, registration!

Cop: Your car is real loud, all the emission equipment under the hood? If I pop your hood is it all llegal?

Me: No, it is not smog llegal.

At this point he is running my plate # & D.L. I'm thinking to myself and expecting the worst. (impound, two points, speeding violation fine, etc.)

Cop: Ok get out the car and pop your hood for me!

Me: I'll show you my engine, but I can't put it any where since there are no hinges and it just lifts off the car completly. (I lift the hood about half way)

Cop: Wow!!! Look what we have here! I see your car is not fuel injected, what is that a rpm manifold, a victor manifold? Man those headers are huge any carb#s on those? Oh, nice trick flow heads!

Me: It's a victor jr.

Cop: Is it a 347? How do you smog this vehicle? Does it have a solid roller or nitrous?

Me: It's a 347 and it is a solid roller.

I'm thinking to myself all the questions he is asking me he is proably going to use against me on the police report, so I start to lower my hood.

Cop: Keep your hood up for me. What size cam you running, it idles real loud? Have you taken it to the track and not that street racing?

Me: It's over 600 lift and yes I have taken it to the race track in sacramento. I hardly drive the car on the street, thats the only place I can actually drive it and have fun with it.

Cop: So what are your times?

I didn't want to tell him, so now my arms are getting tired holding up the hood for a couple of minutes, I put it down step back and answer him. I begin to put the hood pins back on.

Cop: So are you running nitrous? What was your mph?

Me: Yes the car has nitrous, but I dont drive it with the bottle in the trunk because, inorder to use it, I have to use race gas.

Now hes being real cool with me and starting to check out my wheels.

Cop: I see you have lots of money invested into it and you would hate for me to send you to the smog ref., right?

Me: Yea the car is not a daily driver and I hardly drive it, plus it is insured under a collectors car insurance aswell. So this means your letting me go?

Cop: You seem mature enough that I can trust you. I better not catch you again tonight!!! Here is your stuff!

Me: Ok, thanks for the warning have a good night!

He walks away and gets in his car. I get in the car and wait till he leaves saying out loud "I cant believe what just happened you lucky SOB!" I take off and go straight to buy a lotto ticket!

Moral of it all is, I cant have fun with this car on the street! Also dam lucky that he was cool enough to scope out the car and not write me up for EVERY smog violation he could of.

How about that? [patriot]

[ July 23, 2011, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: 8stang8 ]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit talk about a smart cop knowing what was going g on under the Hood!! Haha shit that is luck that they didn't get you for a state ref cause that shit is a major pain in the ass

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mind saying what department this was? If it was CHP...consider yourself very lucky.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! Hella cool cop! [worship]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucky ass foo!!!

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a car guy pulled you over. [Wink] I got another story for you guys.

My friends dad gets pulled over by CHP on 80...... It ends up being one of his cop friends who pulled him over to talk to him..... And show him his new CHP notchback ( obviously this was a few years ago.)
The officer tells him it's a pretty fun car to drive. When he's done talking to my friends dad he side steps the clutch and burns rubber down the side of the highway. [burnout]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice!

the same happened to me but I was caught with no no cats, carb #s and long tube headers

after all he let me go, but asked me about the shop sticker and told him it was my uncles and all he said to me. You guys tow right?
I said yes and he told me call them and have it tow back to the shop

I did and this saved me from getting impounded..I was relief

great cop [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn bro you got hella lucky...I'm glad he didn't impound your car...This shit doesn't happen to often so watch out for them popo's... [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
95gtdroptop
¯
Member # 8330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdroptop  Ford pictures for 95gtdroptop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very cool man. thats how i wouldve done it if i were a chp or police officer. awesome. but its scary knowing that those guys know there shit

--------------------
95 gt drop top- sold
97 cobra coupe

Posts: 19 | From: sacramento(citrus heights) | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit... Where ya been bro?! MIA? lol how's the pits

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I NEVER make an excuse, I just say "being a dumbass", let them yell at me for a while. Then they say "i appriciate your honesty" They give me my stuff and i go. Happens evreytime. Ask Jr.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SSF Svt just gives the cop a rusty trombone and get off with a warning .
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so did you win anything on the lotto ticket?
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob if that was me ida towed your shit [Big Grin]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What up Rob? 1st of all, welcome back brotha. Seems like you have been MIA since March. 2nd you are a lucky SOB. LOL. It just goes to show being cool and up front with the Cops can only help you. Being a dick can only hurt you. SSFSVT and droptop50 seen me get out of a red light ticket in the city. That Cop must have been a gear head. You should have asked him what he has in his garage.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have realized being honost to cops can really help you out, and if the cop is a dick, then you just play stupid and that helps out too!

[Whoo Whooooo!] for all the cool Cops, but hey at the end there just doing thier job!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ve got pulled over and had the hood popped plenty of times 2 time I remember real well,were 1. Cop pulled me over popped my hood asked me if I had cats,I looked at him puzzled and he gave me the option of telling him the truth or if he got on his knees to check he would state ref me,I told him the truth and saved me from a ticket....2.got pulled over hood popped,told me if I was a honda id be state reffed,he ended up being cool told me he had a 11 sec old skool stang,let me go aswell

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
8stang8, I just had an anxiety attack reading that lol.
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol me too I was gettin all nervous. Good shit!

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got pulled over my chp in american canyon"highway 29"...cop says so whats it got it sounds nice..i look at him and say its "stock"..and he goes..im not gonna cite you for it please just tell me..i go..heads,cam,intake,longtubes fullexhaust etc..he says have a nice day and cut the speeding down a little..i got out and shook his hand with a firm grip..

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure what division the officer was from. I work on the highway patrols central aviation division aircraft and I did NOT even want to know! LOL (The patrol officers tend to dislike their higher rank and I didnt want to mention anything.)

Main reason I think he started to ease up on me was because I was acting respectful and honest with him. Or maybe he really digged the car I don't know.

But trust me when I say I was NERVOUS!!! [Eek!]

I'm going to post up a picture why I can't stress enough what he was going to site me for... man, I'm so lucky I didn't get refereed!

--------------------

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

-

--------------------

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some people just have the luck lol

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

90LXdiaz
¯
Member # 10265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LXdiaz  Ford pictures for 90LXdiaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dang all the luck on your side

^wow very nice^

Posts: 186 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I'm not gonna lie, I fucked up one day in el sobrante the day I finished my car, new trans. I ran a red light cuz I thought I could make It, but I missed 3rd gear to go thru it. Of course theres a cop on the other side. He pulls me over right as I'm Bout to hit the free way, and I couldn't find my dl. All I had was my id. Anyways they run my shit, and come back and say: cops(2) I don't why but I decided to let u go for the red-light ticket cause you look like a good hardworking kid, so I'm just gonna give u a fix it ticket for your license.

Me: thank you officers I appreciate it so much.

Cop: yup consider yourself lucky that's a expensive ticket vs a 10$ fix it.

Second cop: hey this thing is nice, what you got done to it?
At this point I'm like fuuuckk, dont look under the car

Me: just a intake manifold and exhaust.

Second cop: sounds like you got a cam in here!

Me. Hah yeah it's a smog legal cam

Second cop: haha don't bullshit we're both mustang guys lol. Well I like the rims and tires and the cleaness of your car. You have a good one.

Lol I was shittin bricks. If I was old enough to play lotto I would have.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com