Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wtf is this cop pulls me over nd says your exhaust is illegal (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wtf is this cop pulls me over nd says your exhaust is illegal
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always granny shift around cops to avoid this... try going 35 in 4th...LOL It bogs a bit but hey no harassment from the cops...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
idling violation? your referencing something along the lines of "concealing" the fact that you have aftermarket exhaust?

if so, that will be hard to prove.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have gotten some BS tickets before and I wouldn't put it past them.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, whoever pulled you over must have been bored or might have been trying to make his quota.

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

badass351
¯
Member # 10810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badass351  Ford pictures for badass351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
electric exhaust cut-offs FTW

--------------------
73 mustang
95 f-150

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have actually gotten this same ticket and got out of it without any payment. The law basically states you may not modify your exhaust unless its modified in accordance with 27151. 27151 states that your modifications cannot replace or remove catalytic converters or exceed 95 decibels. I won my case by presenting decibel readings from my car at different rpms from different distances. The judge asked if the issuing officer had decibel readings to back up his ticket. The officer responded no, and I walked out feeling pretty smug after the judge ruled the ticket dismissed. Needless to say no other officer has pulled me over in my city for the same thing...Winning!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
I have actually gotten this same ticket and got out of it without any payment. The law basically states you may not modify your exhaust unless its modified in accordance with 27151. 27151 states that your modifications cannot replace or remove catalytic converters or exceed 95 decibels. I won my case by presenting decibel readings from my car at different rpms from different distances. The judge asked if the issuing officer had decibel readings to back up his ticket. The officer responded no, and I walked out feeling pretty smug after the judge ruled the ticket dismissed. Needless to say no other officer has pulled me over in my city for the same thing...Winning!

Agreed 100% if we don't fight bs tickets like this then they just get away with the fuckin harrassment, this is the definition of why people hate cops, if u were runnin down a residential area at fuckin 3am on open headers then yea give me a ticket but seriously because you have aftermarket mufflers? Take all the way to the trial and ask for your desible reading, if you can present your own as a defence. The judge is gona know a bs ticket when they see one and if you press the issue hard enough they probly won't wanna waste their time on some bs when they could be getting some illegal with no insurance or license driving in the carpool lane by themselevs

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com