Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » uti or wyotech (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: uti or wyotech
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well what about the ford program anyone have a remark about that i thought it was a pretty good set up but most of the bads are being said about wyotech im going to uti so help me with that

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are jcs that have ford asset programs
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another reason why u here so many bad things about fremont wyotech is they let anyone in that is willing 2 pay the one in sac, u kant have facial hair, and they do a backround check. so if u kant qualify for sac they send u 2 fremont and thats why that skool got such a bad name plus all the felons and misfitz go 2 the fremont wyotech cus adminastration dont care they only care about your money and the students still think its high skool

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wyotech an uti both trun out idiots that think they can fix cars.only then trade schools do is make you dangerous
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fam_lace:
i hope it works out for me it will be a great experience to they have a lot of good programs that im interested in i just wish it was closer im in stockton

erin they have a diesel program at delta that is the shit hands down. if you do well enough in the program they have a caterpillar apprenticeship program as well. i just got accepted in to the think big program google it and look it up its a great program to get into dont ask me how much they pay there apprentices lol its more than most of the people make on here lol
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 96mysticman:
quote:
Originally posted by fam_lace:
i hope it works out for me it will be a great experience to they have a lot of good programs that im interested in i just wish it was closer im in stockton

erin they have a diesel program at delta that is the shit hands down. if you do well enough in the program they have a caterpillar apprenticeship program as well. i just got accepted in to the think big program google it and look it up its a great program to get into dont ask me how much they pay there apprentices lol its more than most of the people make on here lol
fa sho i was thinkin bout goin up there to ask to cause alex was tellin me they had a program but i couldnt get a real discrition online

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did the Ford program through UTI. It's an alright program that gives you the basics. Just go in with a willing to learn attitude and don't come out there thinking you're a master tech and you should be cool.

I will say this though, it's a hard field to get into, even for diesel guys.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
neither both are a waste of money. Better off going to a jc that has an auto program. LMC has a good program with good teachers who know their stuff.

When I was going to school there where kids who did the wyotech thing and still didnt know crap and ended back at a real school. But like anything you get back what you put into it.

I agree wasted my time there. I did the electrical program but i think your better going to a cc. complete waste of time [Mad]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my best friend graduated the automotive technology course at wyotech in fremont as hasnt done one automotive job in his life. since he graduated hes been a watch repairman, scaffold builder, jewelry salesman, and tank car repairman. its been so long now hes forgot what he learned there and calls me when he needs work done on his car. moral of the story is, if you spend 20K + on your education, make sure you put it to some use. he now regrets ever going there. i took 3 years of auto shop at vallejo high and got more from those years than he did at wyotech.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to embalming school, mother fuckers is always going to be dying. [Big Grin]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard wyotech in fremont has a crash dummy course [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
VendicatedSN95
¯
Member # 10671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VendicatedSN95  Ford pictures for VendicatedSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:
I did the Ford program through UTI. It's an alright program that gives you the basics. Just go in with a willing to learn attitude and don't come out there thinking you're a master tech and you should be cool.

I will say this though, it's a hard field to get into, even for diesel guys.

This^ although once your in and prove yourself you will always have a job. I have 4 or 5 offers on the table at any time

I have to say though its a tough job. people want to work on cars because working on an old Fox or SBC in your driveway is fun. After you spend a few years having to do it day in and day out getting times cut more and more, cares getting more and more complex kind of looses the luster

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What it all boils down to is, it's what you know and how good of a worker you are. Having that piece of paper just gets you the interview by meeting the job requirements. It's up to you to show what you know after that.

I've worked along side people with degrees from Stanford, Berkeley and various other UC and CSU's but that doesn't make them good workers. Most of them had a sense of entitlement because of their high-dollar education and in the end, it got most of them laid off.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also, check if Skyline college has a diesel class. They're supposed to have one of the best programs in the state. Think of it this way. If they have enough for commercials, They're probably screwing ppl over for money.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com