Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » uti or wyotech (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: uti or wyotech
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to enroll in uti to getinto diesels cause wyotech has no heavy diesel course only lite but as far as that who do u guys think is better hayward wyotech sac wyotech or sac uti good thing about this is im going to learn how to tune and im going to take my coupe to school to do the tuning and everything else i need gears and all maybe even learn how to do t5s cause i want them gforce gears [Big Grin]

[ June 29, 2011, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: fam_lace ]

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do the college of alameda diesel program .. Alot cheaper and when I was there was guys that had graduated from wyotech and were working for Cummins and Cummins sent them there for more training.
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
neither both are a waste of money. Better off going to a jc that has an auto program. LMC has a good program with good teachers who know their stuff.

When I was going to school there where kids who did the wyotech thing and still didnt know crap and ended back at a real school. But like anything you get back what you put into it.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both promise the dream!
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy Thomas went to Wyotech, and everyone told him the school is worthless and you will get nothing out of it. He ended up working for Big-O tires for three years while looking for a big boy job. He always had it rubbed in his face that he wasted his money, and that hes gonna work at big-o the rest of his life. I always said he was gonna find something better. He now builds race cars for a BMW shop in san jose, and makes 100K+ a year. So if you work hard, and want it, they with both do well for you.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hope it works out for me it will be a great experience to they have a lot of good programs that im interested in i just wish it was closer im in stockton

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wyotech eh vahLi

[ June 30, 2011, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: 2TONE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
idk i went 2 the wyotech in fremont and just graduated yesterday learned alot and they teach u alot u just gotta be intersted and want to learn a lot of dumb asses go there and dont learn shit because they think its high school smokin and gettin drunk plus alot of them are only there half the time but besides that its a great skool and you kan learn alot

ps fremont campus dose not have a diesiel program only sacramento

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
neither both are a waste of money. Better off going to a jc that has an auto program. LMC has a good program with good teachers who know their stuff.

When I was going to school there where kids who did the wyotech thing and still didnt know crap and ended back at a real school. But like anything you get back what you put into it.

AMEN

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
VendicatedSN95
¯
Member # 10671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VendicatedSN95  Ford pictures for VendicatedSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to the Phx UTI and through the Ford Fact program, took me 2 days to get a job in a Ford dealership been doing it for 10 years now. If you take the classes seriously and take the oppertunity to learn what they are teaching you will learn a great deal. I went in knowing everything and learned lots lol
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By heavy diesel do mean doing engines r an r an major over hauls
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UTI Phoenix, AZ.
When you graduate you get an Associates Degree.

When you complete the course in California all you get is a Certificate of Completion.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Thanx im not sure wat the difference is between heavy diesel and lite but I did think about there Ford program its an extra 18 weeks though after ibfinish I'll figure out if I wanna take it or not
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fam_lace:
Thanx im not sure wat the difference is between heavy diesel and lite but I did think about there Ford program its an extra 18 weeks though after ibfinish I'll figure out if I wanna take it or not

what school offers that ford program??
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Uti has a 75week course then u can choose to extend it with a Ford Toyota or nissan program but the Ford one is 18 weeks the others are 9 weeks

[ June 30, 2011, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: fam_lace ]

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fam_lace:
Uti has a 75week course then u can choose to extend it with a Ford Toyota or nissan program but the Ford one is 18 weeks the others are 9 weeks

what location? that sounds pretty good. only da ones that really want to learn actually learn something n get a better job other than big o tires...smh..
AR's BLK351FX
¯
Member # 10434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR's BLK351FX  Ford pictures for AR's BLK351FX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is up to u ur always gonna be hearing bad an good things about the schools I finishd wyotech along wit 79 cobra lol if ur intrested ull learn.

--------------------
88 Turbo357w fox
03 mach 1

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
My buddy Thomas went to Wyotech, and everyone told him the school is worthless and you will get nothing out of it. He ended up working for Big-O tires for three years while looking for a big boy job. He always had it rubbed in his face that he wasted his money, and that hes gonna work at big-o the rest of his life. I always said he was gonna find something better. He now builds race cars for a BMW shop in san jose, and makes 100K+ a year. So if you work hard, and want it, they with both do well for you.

You have a great example, see a college degree is just a piece of paper (I got 3 of them), what you do after that is up to you. If you work hard you will make the right connection, which you will end up doing well.

Its not the school that count, its the STUDENT, and what he or she does that counts. Now don't get me wrong lots of people out there without any college degree and are doing very well for themselves.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Yea well im definitely tryin to learn and veryintrested so thats no issues plus im glad its in sac cause I wont have no distractions I dont kno anyone outthere

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was grandfathered into an A/C company and started doin construction. Every idiot that came in with schooling from Gayotech didn't know shit and at 23 years old I was running circles around everyone that had schooling. It was clowned how they spent hella money on school to learn theory but when it came to onsite-knowing-what-the-fuck-is-crackin they were clueless. Not only that, but Gayotech taught them so much that they were sent to a CC to brush up on there skills as soon as they were hired. Nobody knew shit about shit but me and my boy D. He was also also grandfathered by the Man. Only two out the 9 dudes that went to school actually learned somethin in school. One loves men and the other is a player in the game. He started his own company and makes more money than Bill Gates now...

Then came Tone... But that's another story

Cliff Notes: u get what what u put in, its not who u know, but who knows u. Lastly, No one is ever gonna give it to u but if u aint got it, u cud get it.

[ June 30, 2011, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

95gtdroptop
¯
Member # 8330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdroptop  Ford pictures for 95gtdroptop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
goodluck

--------------------
95 gt drop top- sold
97 cobra coupe

Posts: 19 | From: sacramento(citrus heights) | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Thanx

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UTI and Wyotech is a huge waste of money. As stated above, go to College of Alameda.
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Costa510
¯
Member # 10978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Costa510  Ford pictures for Costa510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i m in Wyotech its a joke and not worth it i m going to go to a JC where my credits will really matter

--------------------
-"I just wanna go fast"

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
goin to a trade school with the same acronym as an STD is no bueno...therefore, go to wyotech.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com