Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Blown 408 vs blown 383

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blown 408 vs blown 383
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a homeboy that thinks a supercharged 408 fox cant beat a supercharged 383 camaro.. Both cars automatic, drag radials, fulltrim with ac, etc.. And 4.10 gears

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what year camaro and what are the blower setups and psi?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

Lol any ls1 camaro.. But the fox with a vortech t trim with a intercooler at 15 psi and the maro kenne bell he said with the same psi... To be honest, I think.the fox will take it hands down.. He is one.of those guys that think chevys will walk all over fords no.matter wat...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
vid or FAIL

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:

Lol any ls1 camaro.. But the fox with a vortech t trim with a intercooler at 15 psi and the maro kenne bell he said with the same psi... To be honest, I think.the fox will take it hands down.. He is one.of those guys that think chevys will walk all over fords no.matter wat...
More to it thatn displacement, on a blower setup compression is the biggest factor.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the fox is lighter and more cubes and 410 gears ill rather run 355 or 373 on a blown car

[ June 26, 2011, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
I think the fox is lighter and more cubes and 410 gears ill rather run 355 or 373 on a blown car

Yeah, and a 383 all aluminum will be more efficient with a KB blower over a vortech. A vortech will run out of breath up top on a 408.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LS1:
quote:

Yeah, and a 383 all aluminum will be more efficient with a KB blower over a vortech. A vortech will run out of breath up top on a 408.
My vortech is pushing 23+ boost I don't have a problem @ all

[ June 26, 2011, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm not calling you a liar but find it hard to believe that your boy is running a Kenne Bell blower on an LS1. They don't even make kits for LS1 (except the C5 Vettes). The only PD blower kit available for 4th Gen F-Bodies is a custom kit using a Maggie setup. Now without getting technical, I think the the Fox would win because of: better power to weight ratio than the Camaro, bigger motor and the simple fact that centrifugal superchargers are more effecient than PD superchargers.

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

He was talking about a vortech on a 408. But if you have a 408 pushing 23+ lbs boost then [worship]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
quote:
quote:

I'm not calling you a liar but find it hard to believe that your boy is running a Kenne Bell blower on an LS1. They don't even make kits for LS1 (except the C5 Vettes). The only PD blower kit available for 4th Gen F-Bodies is a custom kit using a Maggie setup. Now without getting technical, I think the the Fox would win because of: better power to weight ratio than the Camaro, bigger motor and the simple fact that centrifugal superchargers are more effecient than PD superchargers.
Lol.. No he dont even have an Camaro... He has a Caprice(box chevy) ... I was just telling him about the setup im gonna do in the vert, and him dreamin, said he was gonna put a supercharger on it and what not and he said he would smoke me... AND THANKS !! I tried to tell him... But he was to bust being a dumb ass Chevy guy... No offense to the Chevys here... But cant go wrong wit alot of ponies in a lite Fox [worship] [burnout]

--------------------

Thugnificent

Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
quote:
quote:

Lol.. No he dont even have an Camaro... He has a Caprice(box chevy) ... I was just telling him about the setup im gonna do in the vert, and him dreamin, said he was gonna put a supercharger on it and what not and he said he would smoke me... AND THANKS !! I tried to tell him... But he was to bust being a dumb ass Chevy guy... No offense to the Chevys here... But cant go wrong wit alot of ponies in a lite Fox [worship] [burnout]
No offense taken, even being a GM guy and a Mustang enthusiast, your boy is off his rocker if he thinks that setup would kill your setup (even in a Vert). You know what, just for shits n' giggles you should let him think his setup would beat yours then build your car and video tape the race.

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

If were talking about displacement, same heads, cam, etc. Then the engine with a bigger displacement wins.

If either engines half-assed and isn't built for boost, you know who wins.

So this isn't a debate about mustang or chevy, it's a debate on a better engine. The 200 Lb difference in cars is negligent at 500+ HP.

Edit :

And by negligeible, I mean the fact that maybe one of them has a 6Spd, the other has a 5 Spd, little differences like that will win the race. So lets stop bench racing and track the fucker.

[ June 27, 2011, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: LS1 ]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He was talking about a vortech on a 408. But if you have a 408 pushing 23+ lbs boost then [worship]
its in the works [Wink]
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

you are sadly mistaken my friend! [Roll Eyes]
i dont think this can run out of breath if you will lol
 -
[patriot]

[ June 27, 2011, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: 96mysticman ]

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by 96mysticman:
quote:
quote:

you are sadly mistaken my friend! [Roll Eyes]
i dont think this can run out of breath if you will lol
 -
[patriot]

Well played! [patriot]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com