Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lojacks?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lojacks?
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who hear has a lojack? is it the best alarm or what alarm is a better run for your money?

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a boost mobile i335. Install instamapper app from there website. Get pay as you go plan for $10 for every 90 days, Hot wire it to your battery underneath your hood. Turn GPS on and follow your car in real time from the instamapper website. Car gets stolen, follow the gps to it. Phone with never die when hooked to the battery. App is free too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/i335-REAL-TIME-GPS-TRACKING-DEVICE-SPY-CELL-PHONE-/250606624048?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3a59519d30

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can you only get that phone on ebay or can you get it at the store?
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by anderthizzle:
can you only get that phone on ebay or can you get it at the store?

anywhere, but this one is already preloading with the app. Search Instamapper for more info

--------------------

20 year club.

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man is that what u got?

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you just gave your secret away,lowjack for the win,lets do a group buy get it cheaper,just gotta find the plug

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got lojack. previous owner did it though. of course i forgot to tell my insurance company. i gotta send them the proof and it should knock almost 100 bucks off my monthly.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
you just gave your secret away,lowjack for the win,lets do a group buy get it cheaper,just gotta find the plug

Does LoJack do group buys? I could've sworn I've seen it talked about here before and it always comes back that there's no group discount.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have to pay monthly for lowjack and if you do how much.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where do you go about purchaseing Lojack cause im definitely interested in keeping my foxbody too!! [patriot]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Lojack but you'll definitely want to get the early warning alert. It'll be useless without this unless you want your car recovered as a bare shell.

Basically the early warning alert has a key fob you always carry with you. If the car is moved without the fob within minutes you get a phone call/email/text telling you the car has been moved without authorization. This gives you ample time to call cops or Lojack to begin tracking car before the thugs start stripping your car of aftermarket parts.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The last time I checked out lojack it cost $700 for the service and installation and then you didn't have to pay again. Once you had it then that's it...

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its 1000 for the instant message and phone call gps monitor if your whip gets moved either way if they are fast enough they can strip ur whipo and guarantted to find it with in three days but might be completly faded ^ i like the phone app way but a bit of a pain to setup

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF SVT:
I got lojack. previous owner did it though. of course i forgot to tell my insurance company. i gotta send them the proof and it should knock almost 100 bucks off my monthly.

i only got 9 bucks off my monthly [BS flag]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well its a percentage. And my records so fucked up that any percentage off mine is gonna be way more that most. Plus it probably won't be that much. I'll let you know after I talk to ins.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you contact lojack I'm sure t hey can provide the cert that you give to your insurance.

My insurance guy just laffed at me, saying "It aint gona keep your car from getting stolen!" SOOO I flipped him off and got a new insurance agent.

It's a one time price to get it. No monthly cost at all.

[ June 16, 2011, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: RAP66 ]

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Haha. Nice. I got the cert. I'm just a lazy mofo.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stanger50... U still around?

Need a little I need a little help setting this thing up. I picked up an i335 and have instamapper installed.

how do you make this a permanent program, so it's always running.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had one on my 94 Cobra with the early warning system it worked great, i pulled the ebrake to roll it down my driveway 3 feet and my phone went off as i was doing it

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

quote:
Originally posted by RAP66:
Stanger50... U still around?

Need a little I need a little help setting this thing up. I picked up an i335 and have instamapper installed.

how do you make this a permanent program, so it's always running.

Im Here! lol

Open the app and never turn it off. Thats how you keep it running. Did you get the 12v charger with it too? Hope so because now you can hard wire it to her battery, under the hood. With the app open and always charging = Redneck lojack.

login on the site via smart phone and book mark it. Can track vehicle with that.

Cousin has his for like 5 months now with no issues.

--------------------

20 year club.

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Not yet... I was going to get the permanent mount & battery replacement cable.

I'm looking for ideas on where to hide, any thoughts??

[ October 26, 2011, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: RAP66 ]

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you take sugestions there is a chance that one of the rat bastards that is stealing our cars would know where to look rip it out and toss it also possibly make a sugestion to save time

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ima do that true gps tracking device and just wire it under the dash with a hot wire or a mini back up battery that should work

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com