Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AED tested my 03 COBRA tonight!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: AED tested my 03 COBRA tonight!!
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
We never race any car with straight 91. A bit of race gas is cheap insurance. Just like we recommend to all our customers.

We raced on the 91 octane tune modified with TC turned off and 1 degree more ignition timing than what we had in it on the dyno when it put down 580 SAE.

Nice.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the times. 10's are around the corner with a better 60ft. What was the 60ft and 1/8th et and MPH?

Since you have a built rear, throw some slicks on that bad boy and let her eat!

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?
how much money you have into that bad boy, just the motor and blower?

Dan

How much $$$ invested???
What does that have to do with track times?

Guaranteed there's less $$$ invested into this car than any of the Chevy's we raced last night. And it's a damn site faster than Ryan's 98 he had before the Termi.
As long as Ryan is happy, what else matters?

I am very happy, and yep another AED car not driven by the owner! [Razz] Why not let the builder/tuner have some fun in the car,i will say it again I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE CAR IS CAPABLE OF BEFORE I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL AND MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
quote:
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?

Dan

How much $$$ invested???
What does that have to do with track times?

Guaranteed there's less $$$ invested into this car than any of the Chevy's we raced last night. And it's a damn site faster than Ryan's 98 he had before the Termi.
As long as Ryan is happy, what else matters?

yep another AED car not driven by the owner! [Razz]
[dance] [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?

Dan

LOL! probably several thousand.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
We never race any car with straight 91. A bit of race gas is cheap insurance. Just like we recommend to all our customers.

We raced on the 91 octane tune modified with TC turned off and 1 degree more ignition timing than what we had in it on the dyno when it put down 580 SAE.

You guys just put a couple of gallons of race gas in the tank?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

Standard practice when we 1/4 mile a car.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

Standard practice when we 1/4 mile a car.
Makes perfect sense. Often idling in staging lanes and even hot lappin if its a good night.

I see track prep has been anything but spectacular at sac lately....start bringin some vht lol..

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
bybowti
¯
Member # 5164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bybowti  Ford pictures for bybowti        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i drive my car at the track but drew did go five one hundreths faster than i did. as far as working on it i am mechanically challenged and I"m sure drew and shaun can do what they've done to my car a whole lot better than I ever could

--------------------
AED Blue Devil

9.93 @ 140

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times, glad the new rear end and gears are working out... Another job well done by AED!
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
That's what I'm talkin about, nice times for your termi, that motivates me even more to buy one...I would love to have a street car like that, runs good numbers and is reliable...out curiosity, what is done to your termi? If you don't mind me asking [Big Grin] .

built motor/rearend Kenne Bell pushin 15psi, all the little bolt-ons to make a long mod list short!! lol Last time on dyno made 580/513 SAE to the rear.
580 is real good on 15psi.but your trap speed is a bit low for 580.my car at 580 would trap in the 130 range.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
quote:
quote:
That's what I'm talkin about, nice times for your termi, that motivates me even more to buy one...I would love to have a street car like that, runs good numbers and is reliable...out curiosity, what is done to your termi? If you don't mind me asking [Big Grin] .

built motor/rearend Kenne Bell pushin 15psi, all the little bolt-ons to make a long mod list short!! lol Last time on dyno made 580/513 SAE to the rear.
580 is real good on 15psi.but your trap speed is a bit low for 580.my car at 580 would trap in the 130 range.
Nate, have you been to Sac lately? They allegedly "fixed" the timing and MPH intervals at the track. Everyone is now 3 MPH off the pace. On top of that, 60ft's have slowed down almost .1, yet ET stayed right on as did 1/8 mile MPH/ET. It's all a mess now.

What was your 1/8th MPH in your car at 580 rwhp? Ryan's car was going 101-102 the other night. That should easily be 130 MPH the way the track was. I also couldn't get the car into 4th with any quickness, but it wasn't so bad as to lose 5 MPH....lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nate, have you been to Sac lately? They allegedly "fixed" the timing and MPH intervals at the track. Everyone is now 3 MPH off the pace. On top of that, 60ft's have slowed down almost .1, yet ET stayed right on as did 1/8 mile MPH/ET. It's all a mess now.

weak sauce!

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What was your 1/8th MPH in your car at 580 rwhp? Ryan's car was going 101-102 the other night. That should easily be 130 MPH the way the track was. I also couldn't get the car into 4th with any quickness, but it wasn't so bad as to lose 5 MPH....lol

Shit thats right drew.I forgot my buddy daves trap speeds where about 5mph off.His 1/8 traps were right on the money but on the nig end real slow.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Drew if i recall 105 to 106 but its been ages lol.And i never keep my dang time slips.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com