Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » RX-7.0L LS7 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: RX-7.0L LS7
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Is this a smog legal swap?

it can be since ls motors are going to be newer then an rx-7. just keep all the smog equip from the donor car and get it bar'd.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
I dont want to ruin the op's thread with smog talk. but for the most part if you motor swap, the motor has to be newer then the car so you can justify the swap or because that was part of the state requirement cant remember.( because newer supposidly = cleaner and more efficent)or atleast thats how you prupose your engine swap to the bar. but motor has to be newer then the year of the vehicle and you must retain all orig smog equip.head up to sac and pay the fees and have them check out the car and run it on their machine and they give you a door jamb sticker, for when its time to smog and thats it.

so basically the reason an LS will always work for an rx7 is the rx7's last year was about 94. dont quote me on this since im not a gm guy but the LS made its debut in 98 so it will work.

Ive even been thinking that my little s10 work truck needs an LS motor so the commute to work is a little more fun.

the owner has a place in Colorado and has it registered there. Smog is no issue for him.
We also have a customer with a Turbo'd Cobra transplant into a Focus that has South Dakota plates. Sometimes registering the car out of state is the easiest way around smog.
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/gallery/index.php/Ford-Focus/Robert-Cobra-POwered-Focus

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Super clean
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
The Rx7 guys have been doing the LSX swaps for a while now but it seems like a ton of other imports are getting into it too. I just saw an Infinity G35 LSX swap.

Yeah and a lot of 350z guys have done this LS swap. They make kits for them now. Thinking of doing it to mine.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that focus is unreal someone put in work!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
The Rx7 guys have been doing the LSX swaps for a while now but it seems like a ton of other imports are getting into it too. I just saw an Infinity G35 LSX swap.

Yeah and a lot of 350z guys have done this LS swap. They make kits for them now. Thinking of doing it to mine.
i wouldnt blame ya [Wink] we droppin one in to a 93chp

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car with tons of horsepower
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
blackfeather
¯
Member # 10109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfeather  Ford pictures for blackfeather    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had an 1993 ls6 rx7..miss the hell out of it

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com