Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FREMONT MACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FREMONT MACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha vics a clown [Big Grin]
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
90 fox does bring up a valid point. get on the website of the manufacture of your auto start and make sure there is no disclaimer about putting it in a stick car. if there isnt, print that shit out and hang on to it.
also someone brought up the fact that if you have it in writing , that you told them make sure you hang on to that work order.

[ February 11, 2011, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On break.com it shows a guy at a shop standing outside the car and presses the button and that shit went in reverse and crashed into a car.. Shit rolled for a coo min too. Maybe u can look that video up and show em that someone has to press it and that a car can pick up a coo amount of speed and crash in this manor.. Check it out, hope it helps your case.
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^
is this the one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCt26gC364

or this juan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtb5UMMLQ70&NR=1&feature=fvwp

[ February 11, 2011, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit, this building just ran into this car! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-hQ4AneCA&feature=related

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of alarm is this on the car. i have remote start on my cobra and you have to go through a series of steps to be able to start with the remote.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
what kind of alarm is this on the car. i have remote start on my cobra and you have to go through a series of steps to be able to start with the remote.

I wouldn't bother trying to help T, if you don't agree with him and say Maaco is at fault he'll just call you ignorant.....

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:

I wouldn't bother trying to help T, if you don't agree with him and say Maaco is at fault he'll just call you ignorant.....
i feel you, just was checking cause i didnt see that part..

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just as a heads up Maaco is at fault. I work for a dealer and this has happened to us. While the car is at the dealer or repair shop they are responible for the car. If a freak of nature happens and the car catches fire that is on you. But after being told the car has a remote start the car should of never been left in Gear regardless if the keys are on the table or not.

We had a new kid who knew how these alarms worked start a customers car which crashed into another cust. car. Long story short we fixed both cars. They are responisble and should have fixed it. Point blank. Regardless of the clutch bypass they were informed of these feature and should of taken measures to make sure this accident happen.

The only problem i can forsee at court is most alram manufactures state that you are not supposed to bypass the clutch switch.

Hope they work something out for you. Looks like it would of been a nice paint job. How much did they charge u for paining it and what package?

[ February 12, 2011, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: 89Rodknocker ]

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think everyone here is saying that Maaco isn't responsible for what happened. They are responsible for what happened, but to demand that they buy the car from him at $7,000 for a 94 Cobra(or is it a GT? can't tell, the front rotor looks small)? I don't know.

I remember reading something similar to this at a BMW dealership. Dude with an M5 had his car in for service, and one of the mechanics took it out for a test drive and went too fast around a corner and busted the right front corner and right rear suspension.

Long story short the dealership offered to make all necessary repairs to bring it back to the way it was prior to it being at the shop. The dude didn't accept this and wanted them to buy his car at full replacement cost, because his argument was that it's been in an accident and the value of his car just dropped because of this.

So the guy takes them to court and the judge sides with the dealership to make the repairs.

I'm not sure what dialog you've had with Maaco, but if they offered to make the repairs, this might be the only solution.

In any case, good luck in court. Looking at the pics, they did a really nice job on your car(paint that is)I think I'll have them paint my next project. 93 Cobra Terminator [Big Grin]

[ February 12, 2011, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
90fox it was the first Vid u posted that I was talking about, one day I should learn to post pics and vids..
GT510
¯
Member # 9172

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT510  Ford pictures for GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be picking up the car soon and posted pics.

--------------------
Nothing but dust in the wind!

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 Cobra:

so they fixed it??????? i assume they did. did you get paid on top of the repairs?

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAV650HAB:
quote:
Originally posted by 94 Cobra:

so they fixed it??????? i assume they did. did you get paid on top of the repairs?
Let us know an update. I'm assuming they fixed it. Hopfuly all went well. And I don't think it won't be salvaged tittle since it won't be going through insurances which is a good thing for ya

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Updates on this?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

GT510
¯
Member # 9172

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT510  Ford pictures for GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They decided not to fix it. So I pulled it out the shop and signed a paper that my car is damaged and settlement to be determined in court on may 27th. Im going to get two other body shop estimates to take to court as evidence of total damages and hardship. The car is sitting in my garage

--------------------
Nothing but dust in the wind!

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Wow.. Hopfully everything goes your way and pay for your sn95...... I think any shop should be responsible if anyones car gets damaged in there possession . Even if it did have auto start then they should have never accepted it in the first place to get worked on.

--------------------

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

So do they still have it or do u have it? Your edited post says they do but the one above me says it's in your garage? Either way I hope this works out for u bro, they are just being douches cause they fuckd up and don't wanna admit it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com