Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FREMONT MACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FREMONT MACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT510
¯
Member # 9172

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for GT510  Ford pictures for GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FREMONT MACCO

THE STATUS ON MY CAR IS SMALL CLAIMS COURT ON MAY 27TH AND AND SUING MACCO FOR 7,000. MY STANG IS STILL PARKED ON THERE PROPERTY, LET ME KNOW ANY LEGAL ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS MATTER.

[ February 10, 2011, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: 94 Cobra ]

--------------------
Nothing but dust in the wind!

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice to see an update.... now since they have the car in their property, they wouldnt try to sell it?

I know most body shops if a customer doenst pick up the car after 30 days they issue a lien sale

but could be different since they wrecked it

anyways good luck man

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should put this topic in general talk bro!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
should sue them for more,
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
GT510
¯
Member # 9172

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT510  Ford pictures for GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MODERATORS MOVE TO GENERAL TALK PLEASE!

--------------------
Nothing but dust in the wind!

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IB 4 TM

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
IB 4 TM

[patriot] me too

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[burnout]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have proof the damage is worth 7k? Is the car worth that much? The court is only going to make you whole, not to profit so have your documents ready to justify the amount your seeking. I hope you read the liability info on your paint contract really well. Also don't take the car unless they give you written instruction to do so, that way they cant say you did the damage. They most likely won't touch the car now that they have been served.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get a good lawyer, relieve yourself of the headache...if you lost out on work because you have no car, couldnt take baby to daycare (if you have one), hardship, etc...drop it on your lawyer...have everything in writing/documented like said...pictures, everything...

show the courts you were inconvenienced...via your lawyer

get that body shops policy and procedure, rules/reg, their guidelines, employee track records as far as incidents happening at the shop prior..it will help sway the decision in your favor....

shitty situation bro, sorry....

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're going to have to provide proof to show that the $7000 is warranted. You'll need to provide several estimates for repair. If you had to rent a car, you need to provide those receipts. If you lost out on work time, you need to provide timesheets showing you were scheduled but didn't clock in that day. Also, on the work order from Maeco, did anyone write down that the car had auto start? Would help if you had written proof that they were aware of it.

Don't go in there unprepared cause you'll loose in an instant.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOOW this tread got unlocked....nice!

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got done reading and looking at the first post I call [BS flag] on them I'v had remote start on alot of cars they do not start on there own. If the button was pushed the car would do a quick jump and shut off and if it didn't shut of it wouldnt cause that much damage. Some one had to be driving it and was a ediot and maeco is just covering up for them.

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I see on the pictures, the brake was never applied before impact. Depending on how far the car was when it actually started in gear, your car could get enough speed to cause this damage. The impact was mainly on the fender and the end of the impact beam. The beam didn't absorb much front to back, but move from right to left. The impact also caused the front of the car to bounce to the left a little as you see in the picture.

You have a case if you have it in writing that you informed them about the auto start.

If you didn't inform them, they could say that you by-passed a safety switch and didn't inform them that it was modified.

What I think happened, was one guy parked it and left it in 1st gear(no e-brake) and another guys (the one you told about the auto start) was curious as to how the auto start works and pressed the button.... and whack.

[ February 11, 2011, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you didn't have it in writing, then Maaco would not be 100% at fault.

You're best solution is to replace the fender and bumper and see if they could straighten the radiator support and repaint everything at no cost to you.

This is probably your best solution.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also u gotta somehow disprove that the car turning on was related to some factory malfunction(like they're claiming) but rather neglect by the ppl that work there.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
From what I see on the pictures, the brake was never applied before impact. Depending on how far the car was when it actually started in gear, your car could get enough speed to cause this damage. The impact was mainly on the fender and the end of the impact beam. The beam didn't absorb much front to back, but move from right to left. The impact also caused the front of the car to bounce to the left a little as you see in the picture.

You have a case if you have it in writing that you informed them about the auto start.

If you didn't inform them, they could say that you by-passed a safety switch and didn't inform them that it was modified.

What I think happened, was one guy parked it and left it in 1st gear(no e-brake) and another guys (the one you told about the auto start) was curious as to how the auto start works and pressed the button.... and whack.

I agree, the remote start has to be done intentionally, all the systems I've seen you have to hold a button for like 2 seconds, or hold a combination of buttons.

It's not something that you can bump the remote and have the car start by itself.

regardless of that, having the system setup without a neutral safety lockout is very stupid of whoever installed the system.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hes gana win this maccos fault theres the skid marks the fact u do have to hold it in for 2-3 sec and then no e-brake come on it will jerk but it wouldnt drive and slam on the breaks and hit something that hard

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

Aka: what96

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by my-91-coupe:
Hes gana win this maccos fault theres the skid marks the fact u do have to hold it in for 2-3 sec and then no e-brake come on it will jerk but it wouldnt drive and slam on the breaks and hit something that hard

sorry, but if you have spent anytime around a body shop you would know that that is sanded primer, white skid marks with a perfect pattern? think about it. After I had my car painted I had the same thing. Good luck with the case. What Macco was this there are 2 Fremont Maaco's.

[ February 11, 2011, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grimmer i believe i work around the CoNer and i see it Sometimes

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't is illegal to install auto start on a manual or do shops just not do it because of liability issues? [Confused] If it's illegal your probably SOL if they prove you had illegally modified the ignition etc.

Either way wish ya the best of luck. [patriot]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
grimmer i believe i work around the CoNer and i see it Sometimes

so this is what I don't understand The area that I see the car wrecked is the wash area. I know this because I got my car painted there and they were washing it when I showed up. I don't see how anybody could have been going to fast unless they just blatantly went WOT straight into the dumpster. Its a very small area. If you look at google maps street view you can see how narrow the driveway is where it crashed into the dumpster. At this angle the car must have come straight out of the warehouse. So I think there are only 2 possibility's because we know it didn't start up by its self.

1. one of the workers accidentally hit the start button and didn't want to fess up because he probably would lose his job.

2. The car didn't actually crash there.

Good luck!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=grimmer+maaco&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

I also found this thread. Somebody else accidentally hit the autostart.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/14610-autostart-manual.html

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YGCntaA8o

[ February 11, 2011, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by my-91-coupe:

All it takes is about 8-10 mph to do this kind of damage.

Cold start idle is probably around 800-900 rpm.

Those marks behind the tire are not skid marks. Skid marks are usually black and leave solid lines the width of the tread. The marks in the pic you actually see tread patterns left by the tires as it rolled over the pavement.

More than likely the manager was either one that parked it in 1st gear, or the one that pushed the auto start button.

What's the under/over on this?

I bet there's a knee jerk reaction to this at every Maaco. They probably put out the word to not accept jobs on car with auto start.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Isn't is illegal to install auto start on a manual or do shops just not do it because of liability issues? [Confused] If it's illegal your probably SOL if they prove you had illegally modified the ignition etc.

Either way wish ya the best of luck. [patriot]

+1 your a clown, your car's not even worth 7k. Sounds like you set a boobie trap for anybody who works on your car. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com