Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone in here rides? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone in here rides?
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92sleeperGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 98z28:
Heres some vids my first day out

My first run 11.0 taking it easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiPn14h_iws&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Me running 10.3 you can tell a big difference on how I rode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0cjhtc49g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jason running 9.9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGaMlDacuk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for the video post
It would be a full year after riding for me to check my time.it must be an amazing feeling going hella fast though lol

Not sure if amazing is the word! Lol. Next time your in a 9 sec car sit on the roof!! Lol. No problem man, I plan on be out there all season. I started on a 1000cc bike but give it all the respect in the world!!!

I hope you start to ride man, enjoy it an be safe!!!

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bikes are VERY fun...I probably had more fun on my bike in one weekend than I've ever had in any of my cars. Its a whole other experience...just you, the bike, and the road! If you have buddies that ride too, that makes it all worthwhile.

I miss riding! I was never a stunter and was never into cruising around on the freeway or anything like that but I LOVED hitting up the twisties. I had a bunch of friends that rode so it was always fun "racing" through the hills! I discovered areas of the bay area that I never knew existed just because we'd be on hillside adventures every weekend.

Just be smart about it and make sure you respect the bike. Get a bike. Most fun you'll have [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking of getting my bike license for this summer. What are the best classes to take? [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
Thinking of getting my bike license for this summer. What are the best classes to take? [patriot]

take the MSF course...it'll discount your insurance and you won't have to take the DMV riding test.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^ i agree and they teach you a few things that i think u woouldnt pick up on if u teach yourself......motorcycles are the way to go im never lookin back lol

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:

take the MSF course...it'll discount your insurance and you won't have to take the DMV riding test.
Who offers this? Link please [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This should be a good start..

http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My newest toy

-

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
My newest toy

-

Nice R6 bro!!
92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not the person riding the bike you need to worry about. It's the idiot in the big truck/van next to you that doesn't see you.
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say do it - but don't make it your daily driver. Get a beater for the wet weather because that first rain drop will make you regret your decision. Get GOOD gear...always ride protected. It doesn't matter if you're just going around the block - helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. Accidents aren't planned - so be prepared. Ride as if everyone driving around you can't see you - and when they see you they want to rip you off that bike. It's harsh but it will keep you alive man...I got my first bike at 24...I thought I was mature too...so triple guess EVERY decision before you make it. The moment you disrespect that bike it will put you in CHECK. It's all worth it though man - if you decide to take the plunge get something you are comfortable on - not something you think you're going to look bad ass on...learn the fundamentals, then go for the aesthetics. GOOD LUCK!!!

Here's my contribution to this thread [Smile]

-

-

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Love the K7!!!!
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those bike are bad ass [worship]
And this tread really has got me crazy for a bike now lol
i appreciate all the help and advices guys really! [patriot]

Bike-For the nice days
My Fox Body-For the rainy,Windy/And some nice days lol

The Msf course sounds legit!...I'm going to check it out.

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Those bike are bad ass [worship]
And this tread really has got me crazy for a bike now lol
i appreciate all the help and advices guys really! [patriot]

Bike-For the nice days
My Fox Body-For the rainy,Windy/And some nice days lol

The Msf course sounds legit!...I'm going to check it out.

Man glad your getting hyped up about it!! I've never had so much fun like I do riding, even if it's low an slow just cruising or going fast. Deff get a bike man!
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98z28:
quote:

Man glad your getting hyped up about it!! I've never had so much fun like I do riding, even if it's low an slow just cruising or going fast. Deff get a bike man!
Forsure bro
Cant wait lol
[dance]

[ February 09, 2011, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: 92sleeperGT ]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For any of you thinking of getting a bike be warned they get stolen all day long. Remember 2-3 guys can easily left a sports bike and take in a few minutes. Hot wiring them is simple to.
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
For any of you thinking of getting a bike be warned they get stolen all day long. Remember 2-3 guys can easily left a sports bike and take in a few minutes. Hot wiring them is simple to.

I'm not mathematician...but I've seen one on TV...let me try this for myself:

3 MC thieves / 17 rounds = 5.66 rounds per thief

Does that sound about right? [Smile] It's sad but you're right....and it happens WAY too often!!! SECURE IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT!!!

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com