Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Raptor has landed! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Raptor has landed!
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up the truck last Thursday... almost 3 months after I ordered it. The truck is amazing... like a man cave on wheels. The 6.2L V8 is standard for 2011 and the SuperCrew cab became an option. The engine makes 411 hp and 434 ft/lbs of torque... and it needs every bit of it to quickly move over 6000 pounds down the road. The tranny is a 6 speed auto with a new for 2011 manumatic shift feature that actually rev matches on the downshifts.

Its got all the off road toys and the cool comfort/tech features to match. On the mountain climbing side of the equation, the truck has a hi/low transfer case, electronic locking diff, hill descent control, and triple bypass Fox Racing shocks. All of the suspension is unique to the Raptor. The longer front control arms result in a truck that's 7 inches wider than a standard F-150 with roughly 12 inches of suspension travel front and rear. On the luxury side of things, the Sync infotainment system is ridiculous! The NAV, climate control, and music is all voice activated. The NAV has a 10 GB hard drive plus two USB jacks for either a memory stick or secondary hard drive. It will also play DVD's on the NAV screen that doubles as the backup camera. The luxury package includes heated/power/memory seats, power pedals, power folding mirrors, and remote start. There's even a 110 volt plug in the center console so you could run a small mini fridge if you wanted to. With all of this technology, it is odd that they didn't offer Homelink but there are aftermarket solutions. It would only barely fit in the garage anyways.

The truck actually drives much smaller than it is and it handles surprisingly well with the extra wide stance. The back up camera and integrated trailer brake controller, combined with the driver info screen between the gauges, make it and excellent tow vehicle. There's acres of room. The wife and kids love the truck almost as mush as I do. Here's a link to Ford's media site and a few pics I snapped today.

http://media.ford.com/mini_sites/10031/2011Raptor/

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ February 14, 2011, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
siiiiiiiiiiick! [patriot]

ya i dont like it with graphics and all that crap

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick... i wonder what the aftermarket grills are gonna look like? only thing i dont feel on the truck is the ford nameplate in the grill everything else is BADASS [burnout]

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats gonna happen to the GXP?
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice man, congrats

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:

he's a boss he's gonna keep it

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like you have two submachine guns at the bottom of the bumper and grill. s

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BAD ASS [patriot] [worship]

I dont get why people don't like the front grill I love that fatass FORD [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, very nice truck/ BEAST... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really harrold ford??

Next time come to Ron dupratt in Dixon!

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a sick ass truck man!!! congrats but be honest dont those wheels look like lil fr500s hahahaahah clean [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, why has god given you so much and me so little!

Sweet ass truck!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98z28:
Really harrold ford??

Next time come to Ron dupratt in Dixon!

I special ordered it through a fleet manager in Oklahoma. It was just drop shipped to Harrold Ford.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:

In an ideal world, I'd keep both. In reality land, keeping a car that I already barely drive doesn't make good financial (or marrital) sense. That was fine before since the Harley was paid for but the payment on the GXP is almost the same as the Raptor. I'd rather get some cash back out of the GXP and apply it to my '65 Fastback. Its finally starting to progress nicely now.

Besides, the conversation with my wife goes something like this: "So, you have a brand new truck and a barely used GXP, plus your Mustangs, and I'm stuck driving a 6 year old Acura TL." I'm a phenomenal salesman and negotiator but that one's beyond even my skills. [Big Grin]

[ February 01, 2011, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick,sick,sick [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick....so the wife gets to keep the GXP or the raptor? lol

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dubfive-0:

+1 don't sell the Gxp!!! Trade it for my Mach if anything lol, you should let your wife drive the truck/Gxp - end of story...

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
quote:
Originally posted by dubfive-0:

+1 don't sell the Gxp!!! Trade it for my Mach if anything lol, you should let your wife drive the truck/Gxp - end of story...
Ha ha. Already tried that route. I bought the GXP when she was driving our V8 Nissan Pathfinder. I used that to tow. Then she decided she was tired of driving a "mom bomb" and wanted a sports sedan. She ended up with the TL and I bought my '03 Harley to tow with. That solution was great until I decided the Harley didn't tow very well and wanted a Raptor. And here we sit.

I know she'd drive the Raptor for a bit but she would get tired of hauling the kids in and out of it. She can't drive a stick well and the GXP is far too much car for her so that's out of the question. Its quite a predicament. In the end, I'm ecstatic about the truck and fine with selling the GXP. I'm sure I'll regret it but the Fastback will be far cooler anyway.

[ February 01, 2011, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

damn shame, that gxp is SICK!

sell the fastback lol

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
BAD ASS [patriot] [worship]

I dont get why people don't like the front grill I love that fatass FORD [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

+1 I went to an event and a bunch of people were around one bitching about the grill yeah it's different but F it at least it doesn't look like every other truck.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That thing is sick as hell! Nice choice! I wouldn't mind dumping the GXP for that since you already have a couple mustangs sitting in the garage. COngratulations to you sir!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those trucks look like poo man. :-(

S331 now that's a nice f150 based truck.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice truck drool dump the gxp and the tl get her a nice cts or Lexus she deserves it [Wink]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call me old fashioned but I think women need to shut the Hell up.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice truck Dave! I hate to see the GXP go, but the Fastback will be killer when it's done.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com