Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Christmas Rant

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas Rant
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why in the Wide Wide World of Sports are IPODs so damn expensive? All my kids wanted IPODs touches among other things for Christmas. So me being the good dad I said bring me home 3.5 and above report cards you guys get em. Well got the grades in the mail over the weekend. So I had to break bread for 5 damn IPODs over the weekend. 5!!!!

The bright side is the lowest report card was a 3.8. One of my kids has a 4.2. But damn my wallet is 1500+ bucks lighter.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't know if, you should be pissed about the $1,500.. or happy that your kids are doing great in school... [Razz]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait until all 5 start buying apps and music! [Smile]

You should probably tie all 5 to one iTunes account and save some $$$

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:

Yea man, I am more proud of my kids than trippin off the money. But then again them damn things are expensive oh and I got the extended protection, the raises the total to around 2k.

Man everyone at the office is telling me about this now...lol. They were like "man what were you thinking, man you about to be broke, because of the app store"...hahaha.

I use a Zune so I am not on top of IPODs and whatever. Ipods, the gift that keeps costing. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where did you get them, there are some good deals going around!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8
Look on the bright side...... You didn't have to buy ipads or mac book pros.
( But Yater can get you a deal on them [Wink] )

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:

I got em at best buy, they had some kind of bundle deal with itunes, car chargers, sleeves/covers and some other stuff.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you shoulda pulled out faster! you wont have so many damn kids!! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
you shoulda pulled out faster! you wont have so many damn kids!! [Embarrassed]

lol...nah I am good with kids I wanted a big family. But damn I just gotta watch the deals I make with these kids.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 tie them to a single account, easier to see what apps are being bought, and when one buys them, everyone can get it by synching the ipod to the same pc, I have my wife's ipod tied to my itunes account, so anything I buy for my iphone is on her ipod and vice versa. A little annoying until IOS 4 came out where I can just put all her stuff into a folder on my phone.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmao thats hella funny, you got a lil bit of a surprise huh? I wouldnt of thought all 5 woulda came through lol thats good tho, and bad for your back pocket.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Mach 5oh:
Lmao thats hella funny, you got a lil bit of a surprise huh? I wouldnt of thought all 5 woulda came through lol thats good tho, and bad for your back pocket.

Yea man, my kids are all pretty much A-B students. I just didnt expect to see that big a turn around from 2 of my kids that hover around a 3.0 pretty consistently. I was counting on having to buy about 3 of them at the most....lol
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which Zune do you have and how much was it? I don't want to buy an iPod either because of the price. The only reason I own one was because it was free!

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cheers N8 for being a good dad. Most kids these days are just running around like wild dogs with bad parents right behind barking up there tails. I don't care how much you just spent!! BTW, just got my first Mac Pro and I'm sold...worth the 1500.00 [worship]
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:

I got em at best buy, they had some kind of bundle deal with itunes, car chargers, sleeves/covers and some other stuff.
cool, that accidental coverage helps with the kids. Those screens seem to break easily.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Which Zune do you have and how much was it? I don't want to buy an iPod either because of the price. The only reason I own one was because it was free!

I have the new HD Zune, which is a lil cheaper than the IPOD. I do a lot of streaming and XBOX 360 interaction with mine. Plus the Zune is much sturdier, I workout with mine so it gets bumped a bunch.

9cobra7
Yea playa, I'll be damned if you see my kids actin a fool..lol. Congrats on the MAC, we have a few here, their cool but I still prefer my PC.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Yea man, I am more proud of my kids than trippin off the money. But then again them damn things are expensive oh and I got the extended protection, the raises the total to around 2k.

Man everyone at the office is telling me about this now...lol. They were like "man what were you thinking, man you about to be broke, because of the app store"...hahaha.

I use a Zune so I am not on top of IPODs and whatever. Ipods, the gift that keeps costing. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

If any of them use app store, smack em! Jailbreak them and everything will be free.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude, you should be happy that all of you're kids are doing great in school.

Wish my dad had motivated me to get good grades back in high school.

Anyway, it will all pay off in the long run, after all, its just money and your childrens' education is....

PRICELESS!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
Dude, you should be happy that all of you're kids are doing great in school.

Wish my dad had motivated me to get good grades back in high school.

Anyway, it will all pay off in the long run, after all, its just money and your childrens' education is....

PRICELESS!

You are 100% correct, and good in school is not a option for my kids its a requirement. But damn I made a deal and they all came through, soon as I made the deal my wife said "money gone"...lol. But your right I will buy ipods every report period if this is how it will impact my kids education [patriot]
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn spoiled kids! lol..I got good grades when i was in school because it made my parents proud and I didnt feel like getting lectured..But whatever works. At least they're focused, doing good and on the right track [patriot]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com