Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what lights do you use in your house garage? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what lights do you use in your house garage?
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90blackgt:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
not all flourescent bulbs are 8ft i dont know where u got that from theres 4ft 2ft u-bulbs etc in t8 and t-12 the most common. an you cant just run any wattage bulb in a certain fixture you will burn out the ballast.

is that off my comment? because I never said anything about 8ft bulbs. all fluorescent are over 8 with diameter T5,T8,T12 whatever are over 8.. 5/8,8/8,12/8. with wattage they only sell certain wattages they dont make high wattage fluorescent bulbs they only time you really burn out the ballast is when you install the wrong bulbs size with the ballast or you install more lights then they can handle (like a 2 bulb ballast and you install it on a 4 lamp fixture)
Pardon me, but im a little confused with this 8. stuff as well.

When i put the lights in my garage a typical 8ft fluorescent bulb was 120 watts..1 bulb.. so the fixture took about 240 watts.
The fixtures i put in, with T8 bulbs, use about 120 watts total.
Plenty bright enough for me and have a great life span.

Ok i think it was you but you asked if the t5 had the same diameter as the t8. I said they were different diameter. the diameter is the bulb size over 8. So if you want to know diameter of the bulb a T5 has a diameter of 5/8 of a inch, if your have a T8 it has a diameter of 8/8 which is one inch, if you buy a T12 it has the diameter of 12/8... and so on... does that better explain it?
Perfectly clear now [Big Grin] Maybe i do need a bit more light haha
And 99% sure they dont make a 120 watt fluorescent t8 bulb the highest i think is 56 watts or something. They are meant to be lower is wattage but more efficient with light.
Gotcha..were on the same page now. Back when i got mine the T8's were i believe the smallest diameter bulb avail. It was supposed to be the hot ticket. The 120 watt bulbs were the typical larger diameter T12's you see at home cheapo and such. Got mine through Grainger. Good info on this T5..i thought mine were small dia..these sound better yet.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much am I looking to spend on 4

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
90blackgt
¯
Member # 7716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90blackgt  Ford pictures for 90blackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
How much am I looking to spend on 4

depends on what you want a lot of different options. plus you have to shop around to find the best deals
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im currently running 4 1000w HPS lights.Oh wait wrong thread [Cool]

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol so I was talking to the parts guy at our shop today and he told me he would never have fluorescent lights in his home because the type of light rays it emits is unhealthy. Funny stuff.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
90blackgt
¯
Member # 7716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90blackgt  Ford pictures for 90blackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
Lol so I was talking to the parts guy at our shop today and he told me he would never have fluorescent lights in his home because the type of light rays it emits is unhealthy. Funny stuff.

LOL that is bullshit. It code to have fluorescent lights in your kitchen, bathrooms, and closets. If the NEC could have the whole house that way they would. It part of Title 24

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com