Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » P-Dub got flattened!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: P-Dub got flattened!!
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, and as far as him being tested...By who? Carlos Quintana? Kermit Cintron? Lol... I would say these guys are more like a pop quiz Lol.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BATMOBILE:
Nah I can't say that I seen this knockout coming but I did say he wouldnt and couldnt beat the best. People here were saying he was better than Tommy Hearns lol probably not!!!

I would venture to say he "could" be better than Hearns. But is definitely a lot like Hearns. Paul could still go on to be a great fighter. He just needs more self discipline. Too into pleasing the crowd rather than keeping his head above his feet.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Oh, and as far as him being tested...By who? Carlos Quintana? Kermit Cintron? Lol... I would say these guys are more like a pop quiz Lol.

Winky Wright, Margarito (and you know he had cement gloves) and Sergio caught him good in their first fight.
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Nah I can't say that I seen this knockout coming but I did say he wouldnt and couldnt beat the best. People here were saying he was better than Tommy Hearns lol probably not!!!

I would venture to say he "could" be better than Hearns. But is definitely a lot like Hearns. Paul could still go on to be a great fighter. He just needs more self discipline. Too into pleasing the crowd rather than keeping his head above his feet.
The only way he is similar to Hears is his size. That is all I see. I honestly dont think his power can match Hearns.
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Winky Wright, Margarito (and you know he had cement gloves) and Sergio caught him good in their first fight.
He fought Winky Wright after Winky's shor prime. And he they way I seen it I think he fought the real Margarito without the cement gloves.. as you can see Margarito is exposed when not cheating.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

aren't you the same guy that thinks Cotto is a top p4p fighter? Pdub would Flatten your "hero' Cotto! lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

aren't you the same guy that thinks Cotto is a top p4p fighter? Pdub would Flatten your "hero' Cotto! lol!
Actually I did think at one time he was... When he fought Margarito. I'd puttin my money on my boy....
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I did think at one time he was... When he fought Margarito. I'd puttin my money on my boy....
i remeber me and u had a bet on that fight and u never paid up mr. "deep pockets" lol! what is amazing about cotto is how far he made it with such limited skill. i think he is the least talented boxer to come out of puerto rico in quite awhile. if he ever decides to step up in class again he will lose. he is not one of the elite. Berto should fight him. it would be a nice name to add on his resume. i actually favor berto in that match

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i remeber me and u had a bet on that fight and u never paid up mr. "deep pockets" lol! what is amazing about cotto is how far he made it with such limited skill. i think he is the least talented boxer to come out of puerto rico in quite awhile. if he ever decides to step up in class again he will lose. he is not one of the elite. Berto should fight him. it would be a nice name to add on his resume. i actually favor berto in that match
Arum played his cards so perfect with those 2 it isnt funny. Now that Margs lost, he is up next for a shot at Cottos belt is the rumor. Again Arum double dipping. Cotto is not as bad as most say. He is methodical in his approach. But he is definitely not a Tito. I am not sure I would give Berto the nod on Cotto. I cannot stand Berto.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Arum played his cards so perfect with those 2 it isnt funny. Now that Margs lost, he is up next for a shot at Cottos belt is the rumor. Again Arum double dipping. Cotto is not as bad as most say. He is methodical in his approach. But he is definitely not a Tito. I am not sure I would give Berto the nod on Cotto. I cannot stand Berto.
you also though paul williams was gonna win last night and look what happened lol! i called that fight correct to. cotto has trouble with fighters with fast hands. even foreman was tagging him but foreman has no pop. cotto is easy to hit if u box him.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you also though paul williams was gonna win last night and look what happened lol! i called that fight correct to. cotto has trouble with fighters with fast hands. even foreman was tagging him but foreman has no pop. cotto is easy to hit if u box him.
Hell yea I thought he was gonna win. But as it is with boxing, upset is only a punch away. He got caught. Do I think that makes Sergio a better boxer? No. If they were to rematch I would still pick P-dub. He is still the better fighter, he just got caught with a hot one.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hell yea I thought he was gonna win. But as it is with boxing, upset is only a punch away. He got caught. Do I think that makes Sergio a better boxer? No. If they were to rematch I would still pick P-dub. He is still the better fighter, he just got caught with a hot one.
Wrong! Martinez out boxed Williams in their first match, and should have won that fight. Face it, your idol P Williams is finished! [Razz]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com